U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-11-2014, 05:12 PM
 
278 posts, read 224,038 times
Reputation: 238

Advertisements

Once Lewandowski joins Bayern, the UCL will become a joke. Only Real Madrid will be able to compete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-11-2014, 06:47 PM
 
Location: SE UK
7,810 posts, read 6,639,988 times
Reputation: 5320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Once Lewandowski joins Bayern, the UCL will become a joke. Only Real Madrid will be able to compete.
Do you mean only Real Madrid will be able to compete with the diving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 06:49 PM
 
278 posts, read 224,038 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Do you mean only Real Madrid will be able to compete with the diving?
Spanish & then Italian teams flop the most
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 06:57 PM
 
Location: SE UK
7,810 posts, read 6,639,988 times
Reputation: 5320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Spanish & then Italian teams flop the most
I think Robben 'flops' more than the rest of the world put together, he is a disgrace every time anybody goes anywhere near him he throws himself to the ground, its blatent cheating, its ruining the game as a spectacle and the governing bodies havnt got the balls to do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 PM
 
278 posts, read 224,038 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I think Robben 'flops' more than the rest of the world put together, he is a disgrace every time anybody goes anywhere near him he throws himself to the ground, its blatent cheating, its ruining the game as a spectacle and the governing bodies havnt got the balls to do anything about it.
Robben has a lot of issues. Ribery punched him in the face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Reputation: 2774
Robben should have been sent off for that pathetic dive. There's no reason these players need to turn to actors once they get inside the box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2014, 02:51 AM
 
Location: SW France
14,255 posts, read 14,142,854 times
Reputation: 27914
Tony Pulis when manager of Stoke City, and now of Crystal Palace, has fined his own players at both clubs for diving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2014, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,391,198 times
Reputation: 5087
UEFA, FA, whoever runs respective leagues/tournaments should retroactively fine and yellow card players for diving. When fines and suspensions start racking up players will have no choice but to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2014, 07:48 AM
 
Location: IL
2,992 posts, read 4,420,365 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
UEFA, FA, whoever runs respective leagues/tournaments should retroactively fine and yellow card players for diving. When fines and suspensions start racking up players will have no choice but to stop.
This is a solution. Or, institute instant replay for diving. Have a system to penalize divers after it is verified on replay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,391,198 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
This is a solution. Or, institute instant replay for diving. Have a system to penalize divers after it is verified on replay.
I think instant replay's would delay the game too much and open up the door for replays of other things and stop the flow of the game probably.

Unless you have a 5th official whos sole duty is to watch the TV and he instantly says yes Robben dived book him now and give a free out to whoever he dived against. But you couldnt stand around and have NFL discussions to delay the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top