Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 09:41 AM

55 posts, read 65,185 times

Advertisements

Hey, what do you think about sheiks coming into footbal. I am talking about such clubs like PSG, Monaco, City. I hate this impact that sheiks have brought into footbal. I hate those clubs because those teams have no history, no phylosophy, no tradicion. It's all about money and random places where the money has been injected. What is your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 11:48 AM

782 posts, read 1,103,671 times
I agree to a point, but it is not just arab money ... you have Abramovic pouring hundreds of millions in at Chelsea ... just because he has been doing it for awhile now doesn't change that they are still to be despised for that. Plenty of other examples of Russian sugar daddies too. It has nothing to do with the origin of the sugar daddies, it is the principle of it.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:55 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,386,399 times
PSG, Monaco and Man City have no history ? I couldn't disagree more with you. I hate the money men in football giving teams such a huge unfair advantage too though.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 PM

245 posts, read 297,936 times
I come from an arab country but I am against modern football. Football was made for fans not corporates or business. The worst part is they are replacing history and tradition with soulless corporate marketing names like "Hull city Tigers!!!"

Old 08-10-2013, 08:44 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,386,399 times
There is plenty of football leagues that are untouched by corporations but most people dont follow them because I guess ... well theyre not modern enough.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 AM

12 posts, read 16,637 times
Well even if they spend billions, they still are unable to win the Champions League.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:44 PM

Yes, Luckily they are even not close. Ex - City haven't yet found a way to be promoted from the group stage. PSG did but hopefully they will stop gaining more power - here I believe that the French Legaue factor - i mean that this league is not so remarkable and great as EPL LaLiga or even Bundesliga will make them not able to be stronger and stronge.

What I hate about sheiks is not that they are but that they have no borders to offer money for players. 10mln ok 20 mln ok. 200mln..fine. THat's ****. Fifa should regulate this **** because in 5 years we are gonna be victims of players who are rated for 50mln euro and we don't know anything significant about them

Old 08-13-2013, 05:14 AM

14,834 posts, read 11,971,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.will View Post
Hey, what do you think about sheiks coming into footbal. I am talking about such clubs like PSG, Monaco, City. I hate this impact that sheiks have brought into footbal. I hate those clubs because those teams have no history, no phylosophy, no tradicion. It's all about money and random places where the money has been injected. What is your point?
That is a stupid thing to say! just because a club has not won the 'Champions League in the last 10 years doesnt mean they have no history or tradition!! Manchester City have always been one of the bigger clubs in the English league - they have well over 100 years of history and tradition, success doesn't equal history! there are clubs in the English lower divisions that have a longer history than Real Madrid! You sound like a typical Euro glory hunter type to me.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:55 AM

Oh Yes I am so sorry that I told such hard to accept thing for you. Man City got history but due to shaiks they have became a huge team that could buy everybody on the transfer market. Every before that they were just a team like Everton like Totenham. Big one bit far from United far from UCL level. Now, due to money they are among strongest.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 PM

14,834 posts, read 11,971,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.will View Post
Oh Yes I am so sorry that I told such hard to accept thing for you. Man City got history but due to shaiks they have became a huge team that could buy everybody on the transfer market. Every before that they were just a team like Everton like Totenham. Big one bit far from United far from UCL level. Now, due to money they are among strongest.
But there is 140+ years of football history in the UK, you are only looking at the last handful of those years, Manchester City have been one of the biggest clubs in England for many of those years - there was a time when Manchester United weren't the 'biggest' club in England you know, things have changed over time and things will continue to change in the future, so Manchester City have had a large injection of cash they are not the first and they won't be the last. If it isn't Manchester City buying everybody on the transfer market then it would be somebody else. Throughout history there always has been haves and have nots and there always will be, in 20 years time who's to say that Everton won't be richer than Manchester City??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer