U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 10:45 PM

204 posts, read 259,312 times

Advertisements

Man U will go thru the reconstruction job Liverpool did recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 12:47 AM

7,909 posts, read 12,181,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
relegation fight hahahaha...you should be renamed waronreason
Hey, I'm a City fan. One can hope.

Besides, is it that out of the question? No one saw this season happening for United like it did, their leadership is in shambles, and all of their stars are getting old in a time when the game is getting faster. Plus, law of odds says it has to happen at some point.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:54 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,424,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Hey, I'm a City fan. One can hope.

Besides, is it that out of the question? No one saw this season happening for United like it did, their leadership is in shambles, and all of their stars are getting old in a time when the game is getting faster. Plus, law of odds says it has to happen at some point.
I just can't see it as possible. They have so much money to spend on players there would need to be a crazy injury spree. Their players that rarely see the pitch would start on the relegation fighting teams.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:43 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,710,742 times
[quote]Man U will go thru the reconstruction job Liverpool did recently.][/QUOTE

If so I hope it isn't as 'quick' as what Mr. Rodgers did at Liverpool...;-)...But we know manu has the money and they will compete. The only thing I wonder about is the manager. I think when a team like manu loses a manager who has put his stamp on the team and organization for the longest while and consistently won through all that it can be perhaps along the lines of say a child 'losing' a parent in their life. And looking at Moyes he surely didn't make a new 'pappy' coming in.

Surely some adjustment will have to be made from missing that 'nurturance'. Look at those 92 'kids' and what they accomplished. And further how will manu manage the transition? Will the way 'Sir Alex' did it be coursing through every decision the board and new manager makes? Filling his shoes won't be easy for the team and overall club. It will be amazing if they can bounce back right away.

As for Liverpool I know they're hungry for success. They got closer to it this season. Hopefully they will put to use what they've learned this season. 'Older' and 'wiser'. Rodgers seems to be the 'man' for Pool now. Smart in tactics and man management. He's turned the tables in a relatively short time there. But one very important thing I think he did is he's made Liverpool a place where all great footballers would to come to now. Perhaps he's made it a place where a footballer can make some money but more importanly perhaps pride of accomplishment will be the mantra he pushes.
I know he wants to make the ghosts of Messrs Shankly and Paisely happy....;-)..I hope he does it.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:48 PM

14,271 posts, read 14,157,411 times
I still can't believe what happened to Liverpool at Crystal Palace.

Tomorrow is D Day and the ball is firmly in the court of Man City.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:06 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,900,220 times
Dumb question...seems 10 different EPL matches were shown on various NBC affiliate/cable/satellite channels this morning at roughly the same time. 7am CST SUnday, was this a special event? or can a look forward to this continuing in the future.

Just a guy who is looking to better understand the game enough to follow a team.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:55 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,401,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Dumb question...seems 10 different EPL matches were shown on various NBC affiliate/cable/satellite channels this morning at roughly the same time. 7am CST SUnday, was this a special event? or can a look forward to this continuing in the future.

Just a guy who is looking to better understand the game enough to follow a team.
Last day of the season so they showed every game. Likely wont happen again until the last day next season. Though I wish it was a weekly occurrence =)

Old 05-12-2014, 07:04 AM

And the Man City fans come crawling out of the woodwork, having "supported City for years" lol. I wonder how many fans Utd lost this weekend. Next year will be tough, City and Chelsea are each going to drop at least 100 million into their squads. Liverpool will be aiming for 3rd next year.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:19 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,710,742 times
Quote:
Next year will be tough, City and Chelsea are each going to drop at least 100
million into their squads. Liverpool will be aiming for 3rd next year.
Lotsa moolah for sure. Not sure but I don't think Pool has that much in the coffers. I'd think they might want to spend some bucks on the back......maybe it'll help to get to the title which escaped them??.....

Old 05-12-2014, 10:34 AM

They do need to spend some money, there is already rumors of a player or two with at least one bid already placed. The thing that Liverpool will have going for them might be stability vs the other two bringing in high profile players that may take time to gel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or