U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:07 PM

17 posts, read 17,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Real Madrid getting Bale for $100 million is like the kid that lives in an apartment in the ghetto but still paid $5000 to put nice rims on his car
Lol Lol!

That's not all. Fabio Contreao is included in the deal. And Bale's exit would surely kill Spurs' hopes of making it to the CL next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,883,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeeen View Post
Lol Lol!

That's not all. Fabio Contreao is included in the deal. And Bale's exit would surely kill Spurs' hopes of making it to the CL next year.
While Bale seemed to always score a goal when Spurs needed it last year, I don't think his move kills their chances of a top 4 finish. They still have a talented squad and who knows how well Arsenal and Manchester City will play this year.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:52 PM

782 posts, read 936,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
No other British player is in Bales league though. Maybe Wilshere, who will be at Barca in the next few years mark my words. They see him as a replacement for Xavi.
Quote:
A joke you say? Wait and see. He is a superb player and is in the mould of what they need. He is the 2nd most gifted footballer in Britain without a doubt.
Dude, do you even know what you are talking about? Wilshere is NOTHING the kind of player that Xavi is. They are a completely different style of player. Wilshere is a driving, box-to-box player, best on the ball running at people. Xavi is, like Pirlo, a deep laying playmaker. It is a completely and totally different style of play, and it's not just about where you put them. Wilshere does not have the passing range, accuracy or ability of a Xavi.

I am an Arsenal supporter for more than a quarter century now, I love Wilshere I am not knocking him. But his style of play is more Iniesta than Xavi.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:01 AM

6,547 posts, read 4,497,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeeen View Post
Lol Lol!

They still have a very talented squad. As proven the other day when they got beat by Cardiff, Man City has plenty of work ahead of them.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:36 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,097,982 times
He is in the mould of Xavi. And in a few years will be quality. Is is commonly known that they want him to replace him. I think people are doing Wilshere a disservice here, when he is injury free and gets a run of games he is magestic to watch.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:29 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,675,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Financial Fair Play is not for the big clubs, imagine forcing Barca, Real Madrid and all the rest to abide by the same rules Shelbourne, Feyenoord and other teams have to abide by. It will never happen. UEFA are like FIFA, corrupt to the core.
Amen. But oh well, that's the way the world turns nowadays, let's not get too bitter about it .
Anyway, I'm curious what Bale will be like in Real Madrid. I mean, Real are still a level higher than Tottenham and the Madrid style of play will not be completely focussed on him.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:00 AM

Bale is better than Di Maria, Ozil, Modric, Kaka, Isco and Illarramendi who are all brilliant so he will be fine. Play him behind the striker and Ronaldo on the wing and they will be formidable that's for sure.

Ronaldo at 23 - 33 apps/ 18 goals
Bale at 23 - 33 apps/ 21 goals

Last edited by paull805; 08-26-2013 at 04:18 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 04:05 AM

Yes the money is crazy, it was crazy for Ronaldo to. But lets not forget how good Bale actually is.

Gareth Bale // All 31 Goals for Tottenham Hotspur and Wales 2012/13 // HD - YouTube

Old 08-26-2013, 05:33 AM

Conflicting reports.

Real Madrid smash transfer record to finally land 85m Bale - Football - Sport.net

and

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...et-gareth-bale

Sky Sports sources understands Tottenham are considering offers for Gareth Bale from more than one club and insist they have yet to agree a deal with Real Madrid.

Real have been leading the chase to sign Bale all summer, but in a new twist to the transfer saga they face competition for the Welshman's signature.

Reports in Spain over the weekend suggested Real were finally edging nearer to sealing a world record deal for Bale - who is returning to the UK from Marbella today - with Tottenham reportedly ready to do a deal with the Spanish giants.

However, it has now emerged that no deal has been agreed between Tottenham and Real and that the White Hart Lane club are weighing up offers from other clubs.

Sky sources say enquiries were made a few weeks ago from an English club and two from Europe - but it's unknown whether those clubs made a formal offer for Bale.

Manchester United have been credited with an interest in Bale, but it remains to be seen if David Moyes' side are the ones who have entered the race for the 24-year-old.

Bale has missed Tottenham's opening two Premier League wins over Crystal Palace and Swansea with a minor injury and Andre Villas-Boas admitted after Sunday's game with Swansea that he wanted the saga to be resolved this week.

In the meantime Bale will return to training with Spurs on Tuesday.

"We've gone on with our business," Villas-Boas said when asked about Bale following the 1-0 win over Swansea.

Life after Bale?
"Gareth, unfortunately for us, hasn't been part of our squad, but we have a big squad to choose from.

"This team can only develop and we look forward towards the future.

"With Gareth or without, we can be stronger."

Carlo Ancelotti would not be drawn into discussing Bale at his latest news conference on Sunday as he kept his focus on Real Madrid's next game.

"I don't like to speak for two reasons, first of all because Gareth Bale is not a player of Real Madrid at this moment, and also because I need to have respect for my players," said Ancelotti.

"They are here and we are focusing on our game tomorrow.

"I know that at this moment it is easy to talk about the market because it is very close to the end.

"I do hope the Monday deadline will arrive very soon."

Last edited by paull805; 08-26-2013 at 06:07 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 11:42 AM

349 posts, read 358,888 times
Quote:
He is in the mould of Xavi. And in a few years will be quality. Is is commonly known that they want him to replace him. I think people are doing Wilshere a disservice here, when he is injury free and gets a run of games he is magestic to watch.

Wilshere is nothing like Xavi and will probably never be. He is another overrated English youth who will end up at an average club in 4-5 years. Kinda remind me of David Bentley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or