Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,073 times

Advertisements

I'm a newbie to football and I've read that people accuse them of being subsidized by the Spanish government and engaging in financial wrongdoings.

What financial wrongdoings are the two clubs engaged in? Please also provide some online evidence to support any claim(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 06:19 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,666 times
none

they are the Goliath. And everyone hates the Goliath.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 PM

782 posts, read 1,105,390 times
They are bankrolled by the Spanish banks; they tap up other teams players, oftentimes in a shady manner; then if anyone even approaches one of their players they cry foul and whine about it. They are not alone in that - you have the oil rich clubs (Chelsea, PSG, Man City, etc) who are engaging in the same activity and draw the same ire. Real and Barca have just been doing it longer.

You also then have their fans that get haughty and look down their nose at other fans and other clubs, and that rubs people wrong.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,786,765 times
They sure do expect a call everytime they flop. dani alves in particular is a pathetic diver

Old 08-31-2013, 10:21 AM

245 posts, read 298,310 times
The way both teams give both these teams the most media attention even when they get defeated by German teams by 4 goals and the way they have a lot of band wagoners, thats why you see all the world flags in their home games as if it is a museum not a football stadium. In addition they always buy the good talent from all over the world because they have the money and sponsorship not because they need the players. The Classico is an overrated commercial game in the last decade and not a derby.
Teams like Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla are strong but no one cares because they don't receive any media attention
This video from Biris Norte Sevilla explains everything. Contains explicit language

BIRIS NORTE. .. PROTEST AGAINST THE TV ADDICTS TO BARCA AND REAL - Ultras Channel No.1 - YouTube

Old 08-31-2013, 01:33 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
They sure do expect a call everytime they flop. dani alves in particular is a pathetic diver
90% of Spanish players are pathetic divers.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:59 AM

349 posts, read 422,603 times
I hate Barcelona because of their players and fans.. Where I live (Outside of Europe) everybody started bandwagonning them after they won the 2009 Champions League. I think their players are overrated also. I don't think Pique or Iniesta are as good as people make them seem. Also, they diving is irritating. Did I mention that I also hate Mascherano for his antics?

Old 09-01-2013, 04:19 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
I hate Barcelona because of their players and fans.. Where I live (Outside of Europe) everybody started bandwagonning them after they won the 2009 Champions League. I think their players are overrated also. I don't think Pique or Iniesta are as good as people make them seem. Also, they diving is irritating. Did I mention that I also hate Mascherano for his antics?
Yeah, Messi is overrated

Old 09-02-2013, 05:07 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
They are bankrolled by the Spanish banks; they tap up other teams players, oftentimes in a shady manner; then if anyone even approaches one of their players they cry foul and whine about it. They are not alone in that - you have the oil rich clubs (Chelsea, PSG, Man City, etc) who are engaging in the same activity and draw the same ire. Real and Barca have just been doing it longer.

You also then have their fans that get haughty and look down their nose at other fans and other clubs, and that rubs people wrong.
This. It's basically unfair, no matter how much I love to see Barcelona play.

I find it odd, by the way, that the Germans haven't forced the financial fair play down the Spanish throats yet (and down all other European countries that are part of the Union). Don't they have enough leverage via the European Union or something? Well, I'm not an expert in these matters, but I would think the Germans aren't too happy about these corrupt practices.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:54 AM

245 posts, read 298,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
This. It's basically unfair, no matter how much I love to see Barcelona play.

I find it odd, by the way, that the Germans haven't forced the financial fair play down the Spanish throats yet (and down all other European countries that are part of the Union). Don't they have enough leverage via the European Union or something? Well, I'm not an expert in these matters, but I would think the Germans aren't too happy about these corrupt practices.
Politics can not enter Soccer or all EU countries will be banned from FIFA competitions. The only way such law can be followed by all EU leagues is these laws should be a part of UEFA competitions. German Football federation has no control over this matter the only way they are controlling Real Madrid and Barca is in the field by defeating them by 4's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer