U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 12:32 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,419,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Did you look closely at the photos of MLS cheerleaders that were posted? Some of those gals are real heifers. Moo!
Some arent great, I know a Dynamo Girl and shes pretty sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 01:40 AM

9,268 posts, read 5,800,870 times
Lol.. most of them are overdone with the make-up

Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 AM

358 posts, read 361,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Did you look closely at the photos of MLS cheerleaders that were posted? Some of those gals are real heifers. Moo!
They look fine to me.

But since you must be a stunning example of human beauty, please share a pic.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:51 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,800,870 times
Really there is no need for cheerleaders though

Old 08-07-2014, 07:45 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,431,924 times
Did anyone watch the MLS All Star game last night? My friend wanted to watch it so it was the first all star game I ever saw. It was surprisingly good quality and the drama with Pep at the end of the game was actually interesting. Bayern was mostly second string players for the majority of the match, but I think Bayern was surprised at the quality of the MLS. I also was surprised that the MLS team that practiced together for 2 days was able to string so many passes together and create so many chances.

The MLS was actually building out of the back and pushing forward, not just long balls. It was nice to see.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:02 AM

750 posts, read 922,313 times
Yeah, it was a good game, beautiful goals, good pace, but for Bayern, what really matters is to start the Bundesliga and Champions league complete with no injuries, hence the physical game drove Guardiola out of balance. He was just afraid of injuries. I did not like when he left in the end ignoring everybody, it was lack of sportsmanship and that suprised me coming from him.

Last edited by Indyking; 08-07-2014 at 08:41 AM..

Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 AM

983 posts, read 1,370,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Yeah, it was a good game, beautiful goals, good pace, but for Bayer, what really matters is to start the Bundesliga and Champions league complete with no injuries, hence the physical game drove Guardiola out of balance. He was just afraid of injuries. I did not like when he left in the end ignoring everybody, it was lack of sportsmanship and that suprised me coming from him.
Yeah. I can see his point but throwing a tantrum is excessive.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,419,684 times
Guardiola is a moron, plain and simple.

Even second string Bayern should've beaten MLS easily enough, I am happy with the result.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:29 AM

750 posts, read 922,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Guardiola is a moron, plain and simple.

Even second string Bayern should've beaten MLS easily enough, I am happy with the result.
Pep is not a moron, I did not like his attitude either, so unlike of him really, but he is one of the best in the world. He's also perceived as a gentleman, reason why people were surprised for his actions yesterday.

It was Bayern second string, pre-season, in the middle of players vacation, who were trying to be careful to not get hurt against motivated, on-season MLS players. It's not everyday MLS players get a real chance to beat Bayern. It was an expected outcome IMO.

Last edited by Indyking; 08-07-2014 at 08:41 AM..

Old 08-07-2014, 08:41 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,431,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Pep is not a Moron, I did not like his attitude either, so unlike of him really, but he is one of the best in the world. He's also perceived as a gentleman, reason why people were surprised for his actions yesterday.

It was Bayer second string, pre-season, in the middle of players vacation, who were trying to be careful to not get hurt against motivated, on-season MLS players. It's not everyday MLS players get a real chance to beat Bayer. It was an expected outcome IMO.
The thing with all star games though, you never know how the players will mesh. I was surprised that the MLS looked so good with their passing. They basically had two days together. Also, it was pretty sweet to see that starting lineup out their. All three goals were really nice. Lewandowski's goal had incredible hook on it, Rimando was totally beat...and Wright Phillips just drilled the corner after a great first touch. I bet Landon was ecstatic to score against them.

I think Pep didn't know what he was getting into, it sounds like he wants a rematch. I was surprised with his reaction to Porter, its not like Porter really has control over these players, he is their coach for 2 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer