U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:40 AM

5,899 posts, read 8,457,228 times

Advertisements

Publicidad Tyc Sports Mundial 2014 - YouTube

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 11:26 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,680,021 times
Well, everybody here is happy with the draw. It isn't exactly the most sexy group, but I don't give a ****. We have our games in the cooler south (one game in Rio, one in Sao Paulo and one in Belo Horizonte), don't have to travel too far and, most important, the opponents are good but not superbe. So yeah, happy here.

I feel for Australia, England and the USA, though: they did draw some tough groups.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:19 PM

2,889 posts, read 3,305,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Well, everybody here is happy with the draw. It isn't exactly the most sexy group, but I don't give a ****. We have our games in the cooler south (one game in Rio, one in Sao Paulo and one in Belo Horizonte), don't have to travel too far and, most important, the opponents are good but not superbe. So yeah, happy here.

I feel for Australia, England and the USA, though: they did draw some tough groups.
Australia is going to lose all there games by at least 3 goals.

Last edited by miamihurricane555; 12-07-2013 at 03:45 PM..

Old 12-08-2013, 03:57 PM

2,618 posts, read 4,679,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
LOL!!!

The prayers of the Pope are working with his club, San Lorenzo, in the Argentinian league this year!

Will it work in the World Cup?

Well, remember what Pope Francis himself has said in an interview in Brazil:

"... el Papa es argentino, y Diós es brasileño"

Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 AM

750 posts, read 922,820 times
I think Group B is as competitive as D, if not more IMO.

Holland is a notch above last WC. Van Gaal created a intelligent and quick team.

Spain is a notch below. The team has aged and is predictable, although they may have a solution for their chronic lack of an effective striker now that Diego Costa, who should be playing for Brazil, chose to play for them. Still, they may be surprised.

Chile is dangerous. Sampaoli is a good coach and created a tactically offensive team. They did well in the tough South America qualifiers. The current generation of players is good. They will fight for one spot.

Australia could not have worse luck. No chances.

This group is also interesting because it will decide who plays Brazil in the round of 16. It could be any of the three.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,457,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
LOL!!!

The prayers of the Pope are working with his club, San Lorenzo, in the Argentinian league this year!

Will it work in the World Cup?

Well, remember what Pope Francis himself has said in an interview in Brazil:

"... el Papa es argentino, y Diós es brasileño"

Hopefully

It will take a lot of prayers to beat Brasil in Brasil but im willing to pray

Old 12-10-2013, 01:07 PM

58 posts, read 130,558 times
England will go through hopefully. Uruguay are overrated.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 PM

2,889 posts, read 3,305,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryLDN View Post
England will go through hopefully. Uruguay are overrated.
LOL at Uruguay over rated. if we go by current form Uruguay is the best team in their group. England and Italy are pretty much even.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:28 AM

So, I already gave my opinion about Group B, now Group D.

Like I said before, this group may end-up being less difficult than B.

Uruguay, despite of the struggle to qualify (they seem to always do that) is a dangerous team, especially playing in South America. Suárez e Cavani are great players, but their defensive system is weak and they need to address that until the WC. They are traditionally very passionate and a physically fit team, which put them ahead of current England.

England is going to have a hard time. I see them as number 3 in the group. Apart from Gerard, they are lacking something in almost every sector of the game.

Italy is the favorite to come on top IMO. Prandelli is a strategist. The team is tactically versatile and more offensive than previous generations, yet they know how to play a hard defensive game too if needed.

My bet is Italy on top, Uruguay second, England fails and Costa Rica has no chances.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:44 AM

Group's A turn!

Brazil on top here, anything different than that would be a catastrophe. The coach Felipao brought self-confidence to the group and finally seemed to find a tactical style that works. The playing at home factor is a big deal in Brazil and it will help, a lot. My only concern is that the team is very young with many players, like Neymar, with no WC experience, but that should not prevent them to sail through the first round.

Mexico can be weird, they can be a road block for big traditional teams and loose to unimpressive ones. They have a reputation for playing good against Brazil. To me they are a big ? right now. They have good talent, many of which plays in major European leagues, but the coach decided to basically use the squad from a club (America) to beat New Zealand in the playoffs. That showed how lost they are right now. There is some time for them to organize their game, tough at this point very limited. I think Croatia will have a good chance to come in second in this group.

Croatia is just OK. They have Mandzucic but that won't be enough. Their defense seems very problematic. The coach has very little experience. They have some chance of qualifying due to the weak moment of Mexico and Cameron.

Cameron has 2 factors in favor. Good old Eto and the climate. Brazilians will probably sympathize more with the African teams, so they will have live support during the games as well. But the reality is, with exception of Algeria, they are probably the weakest African in the tournament. Nevertheless, the fight for the second spot in this group may prove to be very interesting.

My bets: Brazil on top and then... I really can't tell!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or