Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 10:57 AM

3,988 posts, read 6,793,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
spain and brasil could meet in the round of 16!!

the good teams are all gonna be elimintating eachother in the hard side of the draw! while in the other side, we will have to compite against the switzerland group! LOL

Argentina is already assured in the semi-finals. No way that Argentina can be out of the semi-finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 AM

782 posts, read 1,105,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
I know, pathetic.

From Spain, Holland and Brazil, only one goes to the quarters.
Wrong, one of Spain or Holland will be in the other half of the draw and likely make the quarters. But the other will be facing Brazil, yes.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:00 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Greeeaat....

We may have Brazil vs Uruguay in the FINAL MATCH in the Maracanã stadium....

Maracanazo 2.0 or our great revenge?

final will be BRASIL-ARGENTINA

Uruguay will be out in the first round

Old 12-06-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
final will be BRASIL-ARGENTINA

Uruguay will be out in the first round

I'm betting on Brazil vs Argentina in the final match too...

With Spain vs Germany the match for the third place

Old 12-06-2013, 11:03 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
Will be great games though. I much prefer our group to Argentina/France/Belgium's. What better than to start the tournament with a repetition of the last WC final. I've heard great things about Chile though I haven't seen them play yet. They have a bit of a "home advantage" as well so I'm sure they'll put up a good fight

Old 12-06-2013, 11:03 AM

750 posts, read 1,065,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
Wrong, one of Spain or Holland will be in the other half of the draw and likely make the quarters. But the other will be facing Brazil, yes.
It's true, but still, you got 5 WC champions plus Holland competing hard so early in the tournament while having Germany and Argentina in practice mode until the semis is utterly ridiculous.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
It's true, but still, you got 5 WC champions plus Holland competing hard so early in the tournament while having Germany and Argentina in practice mode until the semis is utterly ridiculous.

Not our fault that they decided to put crappy switzerland as a seed and left out netherlands, france, england and italy. Its our first wc in decades we wont get a killer qf opponent. We better make the finals!

Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Will be great games though. I much prefer our group to Argentina/France/Belgium's. What better than to start the tournament with a repetition of the last WC final. I've heard great things about Chile though I haven't seen them play yet. They have a bit of a "home advantage" as well so I'm sure they'll put up a good fight

Netherlands may play in my city, Fortaleza, in the round of 16, if comes in second place in the group.

Probably against Mexico, because Brazil will surely come in first in the group!

Oh, and the match will be 1:00 PM. I would NEVER play football here in Fortaleza at 1:00 PM but you know, FIFA is FIFA... It's not our fault if some players pass out due to the heat!

Old 12-06-2013, 11:08 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,250,398 times
The USA draw was close to a worst case scenario as can be. Horrible.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:14 AM

750 posts, read 1,065,169 times
Quote:
Not our fault that they decided to put crappy switzerland as a seed and left out netherlands, france, england and italy. Its our first wc in decades we wont get a killer qf opponent. We better make the finals!
If you look how stupid FIFA decided to chose the group headers with their pathetic ranking plus the distribution of seeds in the pots, it was not hard to predict that one big name in South America would have very easy path to the semis and big names in Europe would have to struggle to get there too. It just happened that Argentina and Germany were the lucky ones. Oh well, FIFA is the reason I'm diminishing my passion for soccer, no wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer