Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:17 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,793,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Netherlands may play in my city, Fortaleza, in the round of 16, if comes in second place in the group.

Probably against Mexico, because Brazil will surely come in first in the group!

Oh, and the match will be 1:00 PM. I would NEVER play football here in Fortaleza at 1:00 PM but you know, FIFA is FIFA... It's not our fault if some players pass out due to the heat!

Sorry, I calculated it wrong.

Netherlands must come in first in the group to play in Fortaleza in the R-16

If it comes in second, the R-16 match will be played in Belo Horizonte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
This is what adds excitement to the WC. I would hate it if all groups were perfectly balanced and predictable.

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
If you look how stupid FIFA decided to chose the group headers with their pathetic ranking plus the distribution of seeds in the pots, it was not hard to predict that one big name in South America would have very easy path to the semis and big names in Europe would have to struggle to get there too. It just happened that Argentina and Germany were the lucky ones. Oh well, FIFA is the reason I'm diminishing my passion for soccer, no wonder.

Not only big names in europe: uruguay and chile got the hardest groups!

the only SA that have it easy are Argentina and Brasil

I agree its too uneven, i cant believe SWITZERLAND group for example, who cares about any of the games on that group? must be the most uninteresting group in the history of wc

Old 12-06-2013, 11:19 AM

750 posts, read 1,065,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
The USA draw was close to a worst case scenario as can be. Horrible.
Yeah the US is DOA, no chances against Germany and Portugal, besides Ghana may be the strongest African too.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:20 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,793,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

I agree its too uneven, i cant believe SWITZERLAND group for example, who cares about any of the games on that group? must be the most uninteresting group in the history of wc

GROUP H is the most uninteresting group EVER...

Belgium, Russia, Algeria and South Korea?

Seriously?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:21 AM

782 posts, read 1,105,846 times
Quote:
It's true, but still, you got 5 WC champions plus Holland competing hard so early in the tournament while having Germany and Argentina in practice mode until the semis is utterly ridiculous.
Germany in practice mode? Germany has a difficult group draw. The progression after the groups is a little easier, but one of Belgium (very tough team)/Russia/South Korea, followed by France followed by (probably) Brazil is not an easy path to the final.

Argentina got an easy draw, and should walk to the quarters, but there they are likely to face Portugal or Belgium, both very tough teams.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:21 AM

US really got screwed there

i was hoping we didnt get them. i was afraid we were gonna get either mex or USA, but we got iran instead

Old 12-06-2013, 11:22 AM

750 posts, read 1,065,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Brazil gets Holland or Spain in the round of 16, then England or Uruguay or Italy in the quarters. Easy???

Old 12-06-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
GROUP H is the most uninteresting group EVER...

Belgium, Russia, Algeria and South Korea?

Seriously?

Yeah, that one too.

And then you got Germany group, Uruguay group and Chile group, who might have some of the most exciting matchups in the tournament.....in the first round!

Insane

Old 12-06-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Brazil gets Holland or Spain in the round of 16, then England or Uruguay or Italy in the quarters. Easy???

oh, i was talking about the groups.

yeah, they are in the bad side of the draw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer