U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 AM

7,973 posts, read 6,722,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
The fact that we are playing in the heat of the Amozanian Jungle doesn't help matters.

Although I have to admit with all the corruption at FIFA and people like Sepp Blatter, I just don't care any more.

I am only really interested in the team I support in the English Premership, which is sad because I used to really look forward to the World Cup and Internationals.
I feel this way too, I really don't care too much for the World cup anymore - I MUCH prefer the Premiership. There was a time when the English would hang flags in support of the team at world cup time but I didnt see any during the last world cup and I am not expecting any this time either. I am sick of FIFA's cronies and a winter world cup in Qatar will just about finish it as far as I am concerned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 08:37 AM

2,739 posts, read 2,616,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I feel this way too, I really don't care too much for the World cup anymore - I MUCH prefer the Premiership. There was a time when the English would hang flags in support of the team at world cup time but I didnt see any during the last world cup and I am not expecting any this time either. I am sick of FIFA's cronies and a winter world cup in Qatar will just about finish it as far as I am concerned!

I just hope the Qatar World Cup doesn't end up disrupting the premiership, otherwise I am not interested.

England aren't going to win anything playing in the Amazonian Heat in Brazil or in the desert region of Qatar which is not conducive to playing football. I also don't want it moved to the winter and for the World Cup to disrupt s far more interesting and important domestic leagues.

The World Cup having descended in to a corrupt joke years ago. The only thing consistent about the World Cup being the disgusting levels of corruption amongst FIFA Officials and the appalling refereeing decisions, which begs the question are the referees and linesmen just as corrupt as FIFA itself.

The whole thing is now so corrupt it's like the Eurovision Song Contest of Football, and I for one wouldn't shed any tears if it was just scrapped.

Last edited by Bamford; 01-16-2014 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer