U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 10:50 AM

5 posts, read 4,208 times

Advertisements

I agree with you. He's not the best for Man u but maybe he'll get better with time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 07:42 PM

55 posts, read 56,355 times
The only thing that United can do is to defend with 9 players and give up'front some 2 really fast runners. And pray. That´s all

Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 AM

245 posts, read 256,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.will View Post
The only thing that United can do is to defend with 9 players and give up'front some 2 really fast runners. And pray. That´s all
"The special one" used this tactic a while ago against Barcelona and advanced to win the 2010 champions league.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:05 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,003,684 times
So: Now that the best they can hope for is Europa League, will there be a roster exodus this summer? Will the Fat Bloke be back next season? And will they be able to attract any notable talent in the transfer market at all?

Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,429,561 times
settle down john...

Old 04-22-2014, 04:29 AM

14,293 posts, read 14,173,344 times
Here's the latest;

BBC Sport - David Moyes: Manchester United manager sacked by club

Old 04-22-2014, 05:55 AM

4,854 posts, read 6,382,883 times
Everyone wanted Sir Alex sacked after his first season as well. United should have given him next season to try and turn things around. Now they are right back to where they started after Sir Alex departed with no one to turn to at this point. I remain convinced that Sir Alex could see the train running off the rails and stepped aside while still on top.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:36 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,944,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Everyone wanted Sir Alex sacked after his first season as well. United should have given him next season to try and turn things around. Now they are right back to where they started after Sir Alex departed with no one to turn to at this point. I remain convinced that Sir Alex could see the train running off the rails and stepped aside while still on top.
I agree. Moyes should have been given 3 years. With the reported 200 million pounds that United might spend this summer he could bring in some fresh faces. Give them some time to gel then they could be back in the top 4 in a year or two.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,716,205 times
Re: mr. Moyes...

You know if we do take a look at the squad he had can anyone say it wasn't good to win at least something if not the title? I don't think Sir Alex 'left' him a shabby team. A competitive one, yes. Just my take. The fact of letting Mr. Moyes go does show the 'board' apparently will not stand for mediocrity. If they saw 'rot' they're not wanting to wait around for it to spread. They've noted they want results 'now.' Mr. Moyes just didn't get the job done in the big business of the EPL.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:21 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,429,561 times
Give him more time some of you say. If he isn't right for the job then why bother? just wasting time. I've been saying at first i had no problems with moyes but the transfer disaster with fellaini et al, the horrible line ups and bad sub usage was just too often. I mean just look at the records that were broken..we are not that bad a club. Maybe the players stopped playing for him but if that's true, then that is saying something very compelling-- they don't like him.

Also consider that there is going to be a large transfer stash for this summer...putting that in his hands is quite scary. The board did the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or