U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,389,655 times

Advertisements

He wasn't left with a shabby team, the squad was good but needed a couple players to gel everything together. I said it before Moyes was official that whoever got the job is going to have a hell of a job taking over because fans want immediate success and players would most likely rebel against whoever they signed and wouldnt play right. Top that with still having Fergie breathing down your neck I imagine Old Trafford was a crap place to work. He shouldve been given two years but whoever leads the way this summer will have a tough time but most likely easier than Moyes as Utd fans will just be happy to actually challenge for CL next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 09:46 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,425,547 times
Looks like Van Gaal is replacing him; most including me wanted Klopp but it looks like he's too loyal to BVB.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:20 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,704,957 times
On the face of it Van Gaal looks like a fine selection. And if he gets 'hit' he's going to push and punch back.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:26 PM

579 posts, read 640,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
He wasn't left with a shabby team, the squad was good but needed a couple players to gel everything together. I said it before Moyes was official that whoever got the job is going to have a hell of a job taking over because fans want immediate success and players would most likely rebel against whoever they signed and wouldnt play right. Top that with still having Fergie breathing down your neck I imagine Old Trafford was a crap place to work. He shouldve been given two years but whoever leads the way this summer will have a tough time but most likely easier than Moyes as Utd fans will just be happy to actually challenge for CL next year.
I disagree. I think Man U last year was fools gold. City, Chelsea and Liverpool were each down. Van Persie had an exceptional season and Fergie was able to park the bus in Champions League. This teams need a retooling like Liverpool went thru.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
This teams need a retooling like Liverpool went thru.
And that was apparently going on for awhile. With Mr. Rodgers coming aboard perhaps its now that they they've finally found their 'feet' after the 'dry' years. I'm sure the manu board doesn't want to visit that scenario. I salute manu for its immense drive as it consistently went on to successful years. Mr. Rodgers certainly knows what it took for that success. I hope he too can pick up on that great winning mentality it and emulate it. Good for his team, good for all the challengers, good for the EPL, good for football.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
And that was apparently going on for awhile. With Mr. Rodgers coming aboard perhaps its now that they they've finally found their 'feet' after the 'dry' years. I'm sure the manu board doesn't want to visit that scenario. I salute manu for its immense drive as it consistently went on to successful years. Mr. Rodgers certainly knows what it took for that success. I hope he too can pick up on that great winning mentality it and emulate it. Good for his team, good for all the challengers, good for the EPL, good for football.
and earth..good for earth.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:58 AM

245 posts, read 256,121 times
Now that Moyes is gone I believe the best options would be: Jurgen Klopp or Diego Simeone. They are the best longterm managers available who can rebuild the team and use the youth squad + some transfers. Choices like Van Gaal are short term options who can win one league, cup and maybe a cl final in three years but after that the team will sink deeper than 7th place because the manager will run out of options. Bayern are a great example they were powerful one year and the next they were overpowered by BVB

Old 04-23-2014, 11:08 AM

579 posts, read 640,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
Now that Moyes is gone I believe the best options would be: Jurgen Klopp or Diego Simeone. They are the best longterm managers available who can rebuild the team and use the youth squad + some transfers. Choices like Van Gaal are short term options who can win one league, cup and maybe a cl final in three years but after that the team will sink deeper than 7th place because the manager will run out of options. Bayern are a great example they were powerful one year and the next they were overpowered by BVB
Klopp isn't coming. All signs point to Van Gaal.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Klopp isn't coming. All signs point to Van Gaal.
it will be van gaal, good luck to him. maybe in a few years klopp or who knows giggs

Old 04-23-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
it will be van gaal, good luck to him. maybe in a few years klopp or who knows giggs
Just askin'..do you think 'Roy' will be invited? Of the squad, he said they should be 'ashamed of themselves'. From Keane's point he felt they let Moyes down on the pitch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or