U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 AM

591 posts, read 713,237 times

Advertisements

Me and a friend will be going over to support England for their group games. We will be in Sao Paulo for 3 days from the 10th-13th before heading to Manaus for our first game where we are staying in the Arial Tower. Then heading back down to a campsite between Rio and Sao Paulo for the rest of our stay with access and travel to the games on the 19th and 24th.

Will anybody on here be going to the group stages? Would be great if others were in the areas we are heading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,431,924 times
We decided not to go. About a year ago we were for sure going, but then reality set in and I started estimating the costs to bring the family and I just can't justify it, sadly. My problem is I can't imagine going without my kids, it would be so awesome with them. Oh well.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:49 AM

5,899 posts, read 8,451,925 times
I would LOVE going, its my dream

if it wasnt crazy expensive i would for sure go but sadly i wont be able to

Old 01-19-2014, 07:19 PM

4,859 posts, read 6,387,913 times
That would be a dream come true. Way out of my affordability. I know two people going and I know of a caravan driving from Phoenix, AZ to Brazil (the latter is hardcore and I hope they complete the epic journey).

Old 01-20-2014, 05:32 PM

591 posts, read 713,237 times
It will be expensive. We have spent around £2100 so far, with another £1300 coming out before we get there. £4000 trip over all. Not as bad as people seem to actually think, if you go to the right places, and do the right things. You can do it for less than you think. We were shocked at how little some of the prices were.

For example, England play in Manaus for the first game, we fly from Sao Paulo one way into Manaus. Englands 2nd game is then in Sao Paulo, so the flight companies will know England fans will be heading there after the game in the Amazon. Instead of doing that, we got another one way to Rio, as the place we are staying then is in between the two cities, and 200 miles from both Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte. We saved around £400 on this portion of the trip alone.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:56 PM

31 posts, read 20,852 times
I do . Although I'm Israeli. But I'm French and I was born in France. I'm going to encourage the French team

Old 04-27-2014, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 901 times
What's up

I live in Curitiba, one of the cities that will host the World Cup Games. Even though it will not have the biggest games, it is worth a visit if you are in Brazil, especially because it is only 40min by plane from São Paulo and less than 2h from Rio de Janeiro. The city is well known for its infrastructure, which caused Curitiba to be considered Brazil's Model-City in the 90s. It has terrific cuisine, landscapes and parks.
However, the city is not perfect, especially if you are a foreigner and don't speak Portuguese. Local Commerce, general people and Taxi Drivers in their majority do not speak English, and regarding the latter besides not being able to speak English, the quantity of Taxis nowadays is already insufficient for the city demand (there were no significant changes in the quantity of Taxis since the 80s).

So, long story short
I can make myself available during your stay in Curitiba to drive you anywhere, hotels, restaurants, world cup games, and everything else.
Contact me by e-mail (mathercula@hotmail.com) so we may negotiate price and dates

Old 05-13-2014, 11:17 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,586,273 times
While visa-free for me, Brazil is too far and expensive from where I am to make it practical... I decided to save my World Cup stadium watching experience for Russia 2018!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer