Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 11:20 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,030,146 times

Advertisements

If the World Cup ended right after the group stage Van Persie, Benzema and Neymar would be the first players on my list...

----------- Messi ---- Robben --------
---------------- James ---------------
-------- Kroos -------- Muller --------
Rojo -------- Mascherano ------ Lahm
-------- Hummels ---- De Vrij --------
---------------- Neuer ---------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 01:06 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Agreed, my list would've been (at the group stage):

1.) Van Persie
2.) Arjen Robben
3.) Arturo Vidal
4.) Karim Benzema
5.) Paul Pogba
6.) Neymar
7.) Ochoa
8.) Messi

Old 07-15-2014, 01:09 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,864 times
World Cup 2014: Christoph Kramer 'can't remember' final after collision with Ezequiel Garay - World Cup 2014 - Football - The Independent

Quote:
"I can’t really remember much of the game," he told German newspaper Die Welt after seeing his team-mates beat Argentina 1-0.

"I don’t know anything at all about the first half. I thought later that I left the game immediately after the tackle. I have no idea how I got to the changing rooms. I don’t know anything else. In my head, the game starts from the second half."
It's absolutely shameful that this guy was allowed to keep playing when he obviously suffered a concussion. That is incredibly dangerous. What was Loew thinking? Isn't there an independent medical expert who can overrule the manager and/or player in such cases?

Old 07-15-2014, 01:21 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
There needs to be an independent Doctor at matches for concussion if managers/coaches/medical staff cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

On the flipside, saw that in FB and cracked up.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:09 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,838 times
Bad behavior by the Germans

Germany World Cup winners attacked for

Germany World Cup winners attacked for ‘gauchos’ Argentina jibe on triumphant return

Old 07-15-2014, 02:42 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
I have nothing but a strong admiration for the German team. Many may ask, why would you, after that humiliating 7x1 loss? Well, even the most optimist Brazilian knows that soccer is not made of only glories, there had been other roadblocks in the past too and losing is part of makes us learn and come back stronger. We always turned around. The Germans chose not mock us for that loss and showed an enormous respect and sympathy.While that is very noble, and I admit I can never expect the same charm from our South America neighbors, no offense. But my admiration comes to how they embraced our people and culture. For those who don't know, they built their own hotel and training facility, hired poor locals that need the money to work there, interacted with the people, and donated the facility for the creation of a school when they left. People are already missing the players who also loved the food and were posting pictures with the locals and writing in Portuguese on social media. Podolsky left the hotel with a Flamengo shirt, the club with the largest number of fans base in the country. A great example of charisma for the world to see. Come back to see us again!
Thanks a lot for the praise. We Germans really enjoyed the tournament in Brazil. It will be special forever because it was the first WC Germany won outside of Europe. In addition it happened in one of the greatest stadium on this planet. Although I guess the Maracana was even more impressive when the capacity was 200,000.

In respect for the german teams hotel and facility, I'm glad that went over well with the Brazilian public, a lot of people in Germany thought it was pure hubris and arrogance to build it.

Last edited by itsjustmeagain; 07-15-2014 at 03:04 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 02:49 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
Bad behavior by the Germans

Germany World Cup winners attacked for

Germany World Cup winners attacked for ‘gauchos’ Argentina jibe on triumphant return
You guys are the ones to talk.

VIDEO: Argentina fans taunt injured Neymar by holding a fake spine after Brazilian star suffers back injury | Mail Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odxg9BmRGZE

"Brasil, decime qué se siente tener en casa a tu papá.
Te juro que aunque pasen los años, nunca nos vamos a olvidar...
Que el Diego te gambeteó, que Cani te vacunó, que estás llorando desde Italia hasta hoy.
A Messi lo vas a ver, la Copa nos va a traer, Maradona es más grande que Pelé"

Let me translate:

"Brazil, tell me how it feels to have your daddy at home.
I swear though the years pass, we will never forget ...
that Diego dribble you, Cani scored to you, you're crying from Italy to today.
A Messi you'll see, the Cup is going to bring us .....Maradona s bigger than Pele. "

Whenever the Argentinian Fans chanted that in the Maracana they were booed by the Brazilian crowd. Argentinia fans stopped chanting at the 113th Minute, started crying and the brazilian and german crowd started cheering. I wonder why.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,249,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
You guys are the ones to talk.

VIDEO: Argentina fans taunt injured Neymar by holding a fake spine after Brazilian star suffers back injury | Mail Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odxg9BmRGZE

"Brasil, decime qué se siente tener en casa a tu papá.
Te juro que aunque pasen los años, nunca nos vamos a olvidar...
Que el Diego te gambeteó, que Cani te vacunó, que estás llorando desde Italia hasta hoy.
A Messi lo vas a ver, la Copa nos va a traer, Maradona es más grande que Pelé"

Let me translate:

"Brazil, tell me how it feels to have your daddy at home.
I swear though the years pass, we will never forget ...
that Diego dribble you, Cani scored to you, you're crying from Italy to today.
A Messi you'll see, the Cup is going to bring us .....Maradona s bigger than Pele. "

Whenever the Argentinian Fans chanted that in the Maracana they were booed by the Brazilian crowd. Argentinia fans stopped chanting at the 113th Minute, started crying and the brazilian and german crowd started cheering. I wonder why.
And did you see the Argentinians burning the Brazil flags in Copacabana? The police had to come out with hoses to disperse the crowds, as fights were about to start.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:24 PM

750 posts, read 1,065,085 times
Who can blame any team for mocking Argentina? Theiy came to our country and made a mess in our stadiums breaking chairs and creating conflict and vandalism wherever they went. No rivalry in the world should serve as excuse for such behaviour. Cheering for your team is one thing but that chanting was offensive to a lot of people. Maradona is also to be blamed because he has done nothing but fueled the rivalry with his behavior against Brazil, mainly because I don't think he ever got over Pele being chosen by FIFA as the major player of all time. Or perhaps, it's the fact Pele has 3 WC wins against 2 from Argentina.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:33 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
Ahhh I miss the world cup already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer