U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 07:13 AM

331 posts, read 468,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Having said so: AGUERO DI MARIA AND MESSI LIFTING THE WORLD CUP

(yeah, im one of those rare optimistics argentinians)

Can't wait for Sabella to release the final 23-man squad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,407,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post

Can't wait for Sabella to release the final 23-man squad!

So Gago seems to be out for the WC due to this recent injury, who do u think could be the best replacament for him? he was terrible at Boca but used to be gold for the NT at the Eliminatorias.

Im kind of freaking out, Gago with this, Aguero with all the injuries he had this year....

hope it all gets better in time for Brasil...

Old 04-16-2014, 02:52 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,356,456 times
Wasted some money on Panini album and stickers.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:58 PM

331 posts, read 468,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

So Gago seems to be out for the WC due to this recent injury, who do u think could be the best replacament for him? he was terrible at Boca but used to be gold for the NT at the Eliminatorias.

Im kind of freaking out, Gago with this, Aguero with all the injuries he had this year....

hope it all gets better in time for Brasil...
Yep, he has proved himself to be the perfect link between midfield and attack, due to his great understanding with Messi. This is definitely bad news for us. Although, ive just heard that, apparently, he should be fit just in time for the World Cup!.

I think Biglia has shown that he is the best replacement option for Gago. He is very disciplined when it comes to defense and hes a good passer (not as good as Gago though).
Some people want Cambiasso to be included as a sub. They think experience will help.
Also, in Tyc sports they were saying zuculini is a possibility.
I dont know, I just hope Sabella has enough time to work with the squad and make the right decision. It could make all the difference.

Kun, my future husband, better be healthy.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:52 AM

579 posts, read 639,715 times
Another day Another barca flop

Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 AM

5,899 posts, read 8,407,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
Yep, he has proved himself to be the perfect link between midfield and attack, due to his great understanding with Messi. This is definitely bad news for us. Although, ive just heard that, apparently, he should be fit just in time for the World Cup!.

I think Biglia has shown that he is the best replacement option for Gago. He is very disciplined when it comes to defense and hes a good passer (not as good as Gago though).
Some people want Cambiasso to be included as a sub. They think experience will help.
Also, in Tyc sports they were saying zuculini is a possibility.
I dont know, I just hope Sabella has enough time to work with the squad and make the right decision. It could make all the difference.

Kun, my future husband, better be healthy.

haha, watch out Princesita!

I love Kun, he is such a fantastic player, such quality. If he wasnt born in Messis era, he would be #1 on squad. I hope this will be his WC. He finally will get to not be a sub in a WC, and i think hell do great! Kun, Messi and Di Maria are like my favourite players ever, they are capable of anything!

Having said so, Di Maria seems to be the IT player at the moment! He is shining in Real Madrid! It was about time, the guy is out of this world and underrated

Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 AM

25 posts, read 39,429 times
Something to add..

In Group A, many of you said you see Mexico advancing to the Round of 16.. How is this, if they had to rely on us (USA) to qualify?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:59 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,417,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohake View Post
Something to add..

In Group A, many of you said you see Mexico advancing to the Round of 16.. How is this, if they had to rely on us (USA) to qualify?
Group A is pretty weak outside of Brazil, I think that is the point. I personally don't think Mexico will make it out. they're pretty bad right now.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:36 PM

3,719 posts, read 3,876,167 times
Given Brazil has a ton of talent and a long track record of success at the World Cup, not to mention they're playing at home, it should be assumed they're getting out of the group stage. Aside from South Africa in 2010, no host nation has ever failed to make it out of the group stage. So Brazil is in.

It's going to come down to Croatia and Mexico in my mind. Cameroon could make some noise, but I doubt it will be enough to move on to the knockout rounds. I think Croatia will move on simply due to their Midfield. They've got a pretty solid one.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:11 PM

25 posts, read 39,429 times
Agreed. In fact, I think you should read this; it's on Croatia's chances..

World Cup 2014: 5 Reasons Why Croatia Will Be Winners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or