U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2014, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times
Reputation: 5804

Advertisements

Honduras squad announced:

Quote:
Goalkeepers: Noel Valladares, Donis Escober (both Olimpia), Luis Lopez (Real Espana)

Defenders: Brayan Beckeles (Olimpia), Emilio Izaguirre (Celtic/Scotland), Juan Carlos Garcia (Wigan/England), Maynor Figueroa (Hull City/England), Victor Bernardez (San Jose Earthquakes/USA), Osman Chavez (Qingdao Janoon/China PR), Juan Pablo Montes (Motagua)

Midfielders: Arnold Peralta (Rangers/Scotland), Luis Garrido (Olimpia), Roger Espinoza (Wigan/England), Jorge Claros (Motagua), Wilson Palacios (Stoke/England), Oscar Garcia (Houston Dynamo/USA), Andy Najar (Anderlecht/Belgium), Mario Martinez (Real Espana), Marvin Chavez (Colorado Rapids/USA)

Forwards: Jerry Bengtson (New England Revolution/USA), Jerry Palacios (Alajuelense/Costa Rica), Carlo Costly (Real Espana), Rony Martinez (Real Sociedad/Spain)
Honduras announce Brazil squad - FIFA.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2014, 02:55 PM
 
Location: IL
2,992 posts, read 4,427,349 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Kaka won't be missed, Ronaldinho either. Countinho is good, but I think Scolari made the right choice on him. Robinho...tough call. One of the Lucas' maybe missed, that would be the big question for me. Lucas Moura is solid, but struggled at PSG, but I like him. I don't think I've ever seen Henrique play...

When you are leaving out some of these players, you know you have a strong squad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2014, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,451 posts, read 1,428,774 times
Reputation: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
pretty good squad lol...seems weird to have Hulk and Neymar in the same team, they are so different...but im not very knowledgeable about how they set up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2014, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,438,224 times
Reputation: 4367
Holy s**t, DI MARIA is injured, its supposed to be serious. This is it. I can take Aguero injured, Higuan injured, i can take Gago, but the real heart of the team, everyone knows, is ANGELITO DI MARIA, and also the player in BEST FORM that we had for at least the last 6 months.

If he is out of the world cup, there goes the dream of argentina to win the WC. Its over. If Di Maria is out, it is the same as if Messi were out, only that Di Maria has been carrying the team for so long now, and also living the best season EVER as a player. Now, 30 days before the WC, he gets injured BAD.

I can take a WC without Aguero, a WC without Higuan, but a WC without DI MARIA?


Argentina is out of the World cup. This is it. The end.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2014, 10:50 PM
 
204 posts, read 259,479 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Holy s**t, DI MARIA is injured, its supposed to be serious. This is it. I can take Aguero injured, Higuan injured, i can take Gago, but the real heart of the team, everyone knows, is ANGELITO DI MARIA, and also the player in BEST FORM that we had for at least the last 6 months.

If he is out of the world cup, there goes the dream of argentina to win the WC. Its over. If Di Maria is out, it is the same as if Messi were out, only that Di Maria has been carrying the team for so long now, and also living the best season EVER as a player. Now, 30 days before the WC, he gets injured BAD.

I can take a WC without Aguero, a WC without Higuan, but a WC without DI MARIA?


Argentina is out of the World cup. This is it. The end.

Not seeing any major news articles bout it yet. Big lose for Real Madrid as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2014, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,438,224 times
Reputation: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbye_hello View Post
Not seeing any major news articles bout it yet. Big lose for Real Madrid as well

Just happened, at the end of the match real madrid played today. Di Maria went out feeling really bad, and news here says it might be "really serious".

The problem is, Argentina has no real replacement for Di Maria.
Di Maria has been the player carrying the team in all the qualifiers.
Di Maria is the argentinian player in BEST form now.
Di Maria has a key role in the team, futbol experts even say more important than Messi (less flashy, but more important).

Actually, Argentina proved this (against italy or bosnia last year): Argentina can win without Messi, but.....can Arg win without Di Maria? I dont think so.

Of all the nightmares that could happen before the WC, the 2 absolute worse are Messi or Di Maria being left out of the WC. And one supposedly just happens.

If this is confirmed ill be devastated



(and all argentinians)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2014, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times
Reputation: 5804
Germany 30 man provisional roster announced:

Quote:
Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover).
Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Erik Durm, Kevin Grosskreutz (both Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Howedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal), Shkodran Mustafi (Sampdoria), Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund).
Midfielders: Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Schalke), Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich), Leon Goretzka (Schalke), Andre Hahn (Augsburg), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Max Meyer (Schalke), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Andre Schurrle (Chelsea), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim), Matthias Ginter (Freiburg).
Forwards: Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Miroslav Klose (Lazio).
Klose in for Germany, Gomez misses out - FIFA.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2014, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times
Reputation: 5804
South Korea roster has been announced:

Quote:
Goalkeepers: Jung Sungryong (Suwon Bluewings), Kim Seunggyu (Ulsan Hyundai), Lee Bumyoung (Busan IPark) Defenders: Hong Jeongho (Augsburg/Germany), Hwang Seoho (Sanfrecce Hiroshima/Japan), Kim Changsoo (Kashiwa Reysol/Japan), Kim Jinsoo (Albirex Niigata/Japan), Kim Younggwon (Guangzhou Evergrande/China PR), Kwak Taehwi (Al Hilal/Saudi Arabia), Lee Yong (Ulsan Hyundai), Yun Sukyoung (Queens Park Rangers/England)
Midfielders: Ha Daesung (Beijing Guoan/China PR), Han Kookyoung (Kashiwa Reysol/Japan), Ji Dongwon (Augsburg/Germany), Ki Sungyueng (Sunderland/England), Kim Bokyung (Cardiff City/England), Lee Chungyong (Bolton Wanderers/England), Park Jongwoo (Guangzhou R&F/China PR), Son Heungmin (Bayer Leverkusen/Germany)
Forwards: Kim Shinwook (Ulsan Hyundai), Koo Jacheol (Mainz/Germany), Lee Keunho (Sangju Sangmu), Park Chuyoung (Watford/England)
Hong names youthful Korea Republic squad - FIFA.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2014, 10:54 AM
 
Location: IL
2,992 posts, read 4,427,349 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Just happened, at the end of the match real madrid played today. Di Maria went out feeling really bad, and news here says it might be "really serious".

The problem is, Argentina has no real replacement for Di Maria.
Di Maria has been the player carrying the team in all the qualifiers.
Di Maria is the argentinian player in BEST form now.
Di Maria has a key role in the team, futbol experts even say more important than Messi (less flashy, but more important).

Actually, Argentina proved this (against italy or bosnia last year): Argentina can win without Messi, but.....can Arg win without Di Maria? I dont think so.

Of all the nightmares that could happen before the WC, the 2 absolute worse are Messi or Di Maria being left out of the WC. And one supposedly just happens.

If this is confirmed ill be devastated



(and all argentinians)
I read it wasn't a big issue and he will play in the Champions League final, but probably rest this weekend with Ronaldo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2014, 11:16 AM
 
Location: IL
2,992 posts, read 4,427,349 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
pretty good squad lol...seems weird to have Hulk and Neymar in the same team, they are so different...but im not very knowledgeable about how they set up
Thinking back to the Confed Cup...as best I can...I think it was a 4-2-3-1. This is what i remember...Fred lined up as striker, with Neymar on the left, and I think Hulk was in the middle and Oscar on the right. I remember Oscar and Hulk swapping spots frequently.

After that, it was Paulinho & Luis Gustavo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top