U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 04:29 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,478,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Who would have thought that the USA would perform far better against Germany than Brazil. That game was painful to watch.
It makes me wonder how the US team would have played against Brazil. The US team gave Germany a tough game in the earlier rounds. If only the US team could've played Brazil instead of Belgium in the round of 16.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 04:39 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,551,577 times
Does anyone have any links or pics or footage of the celebrations in Germany?

Old 07-08-2014, 05:20 PM

5,364 posts, read 6,008,623 times
One of the biggest losses in sports history

Brazilians love their soccer as we all know. More than any other country loves anything.
- It's a home game.
- They f***** their economy just to host the WC. Jacked up public transportation and gas costs, cut education and health care spending, displaced thousands of Brazilians living in favelas, rushed building much of the infrastructure needed to host it, and ignored the protests of millions of unhappy Brazilians.
- The last time they hosted the WC they lost 1-0 in the final and they've been waiting 64 years to host it again and win on home soil.
- They got DESTROYED.
- It's a legacy-changing loss. Everything, how they play the game, how they coach the game, how they develop their young players, will have to change.

I can't think of any Sports loss that compares to this

Old 07-08-2014, 05:21 PM

4,036 posts, read 8,947,625 times
A well-deserved humiliation after their disgraceful behavior in the Colombia match. They brought it on themselves.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:23 PM

5,442 posts, read 8,161,507 times
I felt to bad for Brazil

Old 07-08-2014, 05:28 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,478,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I felt to bad for Brazil
I did as well. Brazil has such a rich soccer culture. The fans definitely didn't deserve the performance they witness earlier today.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:30 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,894,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
One of the biggest losses in sports history

Brazilians love their soccer as we all know. More than any other country loves anything.
- It's a home game.
- They f***** their economy just to host the WC. Jacked up public transportation and gas costs, cut education and health care spending, displaced thousands of Brazilians living in favelas, rushed building much of the infrastructure needed to host it, and ignored the protests of millions of unhappy Brazilians.
- The last time they hosted the WC they lost 1-0 in the final and they've been waiting 64 years to host it again and win on home soil.
- They got DESTROYED.
- It's a legacy-changing loss. Everything, how they play the game, how they coach the game, how they develop their young players, will have to change.

I can't think of any Sports loss that compares to this
??? legacy changing? Its called a bad game.

I guess the Denver Broncos should sack peyton Manning..fire their coaches...rethink their whole draft system because of one blowout? Lol

Old 07-08-2014, 05:36 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,550,961 times
Neymar wouldn't have even mattered with that defense.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:40 PM

9,967 posts, read 14,630,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
??? legacy changing? Its called a bad game.

I guess the Denver Broncos should sack peyton Manning..fire their coaches...rethink their whole draft system because of one blowout? Lol
Well, it's the worse blowout in the history of Brazillian football though... And they lost 7-1 to a team that tied Ghana 2-2.

Even without Neymar and Silva(whose loss was felt even more than Neymar)--it was a completly embarrasing performance, just a meltdown the likes of which I've never seen from a major international football team recently. They just looked confused out there--the defense was pathetic. I mean they started out with the defense non-existent when Germany got that first easy goal and from there on out it was a massacre.

The game was like watching a litter of puppies try to take on marauding grizzly bears while a family looks on in horror and tears. It was almost awesome in how horrible it was--it was that unreal.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:51 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,551,577 times
Very unreal. Not just a bad game but a sudden loss of exceptionalism for the team. Real Brazil fans knew this was the weakest national team in the country's recent history but they didn't imagine a loss quite like this. No one did.

There was no mercy shown by the Germans. They humiliated Brazil in their own soil.

That kid was bawling his eyes out and all the Germans could tell him was, "ya, dat is life, no?"

There will be historical changes to Brazils team. Scolari, gone. Kaput. He took out joga bonito and so Brazilians will show him the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or