U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 AM

7,563 posts, read 16,456,860 times

Advertisements

Its football though, fans are supposed to mock other fans and their teams misfortunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 07:47 AM

750 posts, read 925,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Its football though, fans are supposed to mock other fans and their teams misfortunes.
I know that but there are fans out there whose national teams have no or little history and love to take advantage of those they envy by celebrating sombedoy else's victories. How pathetic. That's was the point I was hoping to make.

I don't see any German mocking Brazilians fans here, but if they do, they deserve it, don't they? Why not? It was Brazil that beat them in the finals in 2006 and they lost a WC at home too. They have 3 WC titles and have reached the final 8 times. If they don't deserve mock any team in the world by their victories now, who does?

Old 07-09-2014, 07:52 AM

1,965 posts, read 1,219,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
The German players, who are far from fools know much better, for they have been nothing but collegial and professional about the situation. They know that a win in the field today can be shadowed by an equally important loss tomorrow.
Let me say a few words. I'm from Germany and I'm very happy about us advancing to the final yesterday. Brazil, Italy and Germany are historically are the best performing football nations at the world cup. I was hoping after the 3-0 Germany would take off the pedal of the gas. I was feeling sorry for the fans crying in the stands. We Germans have a lot of respect for Brazil. Thomas Muller after the game said "We didn't expect the game to go this way, they offered us a lot of space and we exploited it". The German players tried to to show a lot of dignity in cheering their victory and trying to comfort the brazilian players after their loss. Because Germans know what it feels like to go out in a semifinal. We experienced that in 2006 and 2010.
You are a gracious host at this world cup and your hospitality to the German fans have been nothing but great.
I wish all the best for Brazil in the future.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:06 AM

5,899 posts, read 8,492,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
I know that but there are fans out there whose national teams have no or little history and love to take advantage of those they envy by celebrating sombedoy else's victories. How pathetic. That's was the point I was hoping to make.

I don't see any German mocking Brazilians fans here, but if they do, they deserve it, don't they? Why not? It was Brazil that beat them in the finals in 2006 and they lost a WC at home too. They have 3 WC titles and have reached the final 8 times. If they don't deserve mock any team in the world by their victories now, who does?

I was sad and shocked yesterday, and im well aware of our rivalry and all those brazilians cheering against us in the stadiums. But this was beyond sad, no team deserves to be trashed like that, certainly not Brazil, historically the king of futbol.

I kinda think what happened yesterday kinda ruined the WC, cause, whatever happens, people will remember yesterday as the most shocking important day. Hope not.

Anyways, may the best team win today. I mean Argentina of course. Argentina-Germany wont be a cakewalk in the end for germans, believe me.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 AM

7,563 posts, read 16,456,860 times
Its gonna be a tough final whoever gets through. I dont think anybody expects/wants the Germans to thrash anybody. A competitive game with no ET would be great.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:10 AM

21,551 posts, read 22,147,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I blame the refs

Old 07-09-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
You are a gracious host at this world cup and your hospitality to the German fans have been nothing but great.
I wish all the best for Brazil in the future.
Thanks, that is really nice. If nothing else we should be respected and recognized for putting together the best WC in a long time, probably since 1982 at the expense of a lot of sacrifice by our hard working people who suffers greatly from corruption and social inequality. It's a shame.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 AM

1,965 posts, read 1,219,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Anyways, may the best team win today. I mean Argentina of course. Argentina-Germany wont be a cakewalk in the end for germans, believe me.
Remember 2010. Lol

Germany for the win!!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 AM

5,899 posts, read 8,492,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Remember 2010. Lol

Germany for the win!!!!

Different team, and we had no coach.

Dont get too cocky

Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I kinda think what happened yesterday kinda ruined the WC, cause, whatever happens, people will remember yesterday as the most shocking important day. Hope not.

I don't think it will ruin the WC, actually, probably just add to its legacy of being the WC that brought back goals, many beautiful ones, and also full of surprises. Even some of the 0x0 games in this WC were nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or