U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 10:50 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,417,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I was gonna say I want them to do bad now because of all her bragging. Poor Messi!!
Besides, if Argentina wanted to do good they would need somebody like Donavon in their team. They dont have that kind of quality for the finals =) World Cup: Has Landon Donovan outscored Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic combined? | SIDELINE | MLSsoccer.com
...but, Donovan will most likely not start any game, I am guessing. He will likely be a 60th minute sub in a game or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 01:01 PM

7,549 posts, read 16,383,531 times
Why would he not start any game ?

Old 05-16-2014, 02:35 PM

2,891 posts, read 3,285,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
im starting to hate argentina now
you're just NOW starting to hate them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I was gonna say I want them to do bad now because of all her bragging. Poor Messi!!
Besides, if Argentina wanted to do good they would need somebody like Donavon in their team. They dont have that kind of quality for the finals =) World Cup: Has Landon Donovan outscored Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic combined? | SIDELINE | MLSsoccer.com
Argentina is right now the likelest team to win the world cup IMO cuz they have a weak bracket(the don't play a true contender until semi's) which really sucks. I wish colombia and argentina could swap groups. They will win their group anyway, but they will have to play brazil in the quarter-finals

Old 05-16-2014, 06:20 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
im starting to hate argentina now

why? just stating facts

according to a recent survey, only 17% of argentinians think argentina will get to the finals. And nearly 40% think they will get out in the quarters just like in every world cup. 6% think they wont get out of the group. Most people here think Brasil will win world cup.

But im trying to be optimistic here, im hopeful with the great players we have and the AMAZING offensive power, best attack in the wc

Old 05-16-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
you're just NOW starting to hate them?

you too hate them? why?

messi has to be like the nicest player ever, plus the talent. why wouldnt everyone want him to succeed in the biggest stage?

I know argentina has a lot of fans outside the country because of this (a lot of neutral people want to see Messi lift the cup)

GO MESSI

Old 05-16-2014, 06:38 PM

2,891 posts, read 3,285,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
you too hate them? why?

messi has to be like the nicest player ever, plus the talent. why wouldnt everyone want him to succeed in the biggest stage?

I know argentina has a lot of fans outside the country because of this (a lot of neutral people want to see Messi lift the cup)

GO MESSI
your right messi is really nice and humble. so is Angel di maria and I personally want them to play well but have the rest of the Argentine players play bad. so messi and Di Maria can score a bunch of goals but the rest of the team score own goals

Old 05-16-2014, 07:56 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,356,456 times
Quote:
you too hate them? why?

GO MESSI
Why would I want to see Messi win the World Cup because he is nice and talented? A lot of players are nice and talented?

I have my own World Cup priorities.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
your right messi is really nice and humble. so is Angel di maria and I personally want them to play well but have the rest of the Argentine players play bad. so messi and Di Maria can score a bunch of goals but the rest of the team score own goals

what about kun aguero? he is so nice and lovely

this has to be the nicest group of players we ve had in decades. With Tevez out, there are no queen bees, no fuss in the locker room. Just a group of young, humble, talented players

Old 05-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Why would I want to see Messi win the World Cup because he is nice and talented? A lot of players are nice and talented?

I have my own World Cup priorities.

Because Messi is the best player of his generation and one of the legends of the sport?

Maybe this WC crowns him as the best ever

Old 05-16-2014, 10:22 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,356,456 times
Quote:
Because Messi is the best player of his generation and one of the legends of the sport?

Maybe this WC crowns him as the best ever
Cruyff never won a World Cup. Eusebio never won a World Cup. Van Basten never won a World Cup. Best never even played in a World Cup.

It happens.

Messi winning the World Cup does nothing for me at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or