U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 08:13 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,438,224 times

Advertisements

so holland tied ecuador today (arguably the only "weak" southamerican team in this tournament), did anyone seen it? what do u make of this?

how do u see the chances of holland vs chile in the upcoming world cup?

i havent seen the performance and im not one that thinks friendlies mean a lot, all im gonna say is chile is TOUGH. Dont underestimate them, less so in southamerica...

holland hasnt been doing good in friendlies

Im super intrigued for how the group B will unfold

I predict is gonna be very very hard for spain, holland or chile to go through....a battle!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 09:39 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times
I think Spain will burn out and Chile and the Netherlands will advance.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I think Spain will burn out and Chile and the Netherlands will advance.
really? but spain has a great team...

i dont know, it could happen, im guessing anything could happen in this group (except australia going through)

Old 05-18-2014, 11:46 AM

2,942 posts, read 4,399,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
so holland tied ecuador today (arguably the only "weak" southamerican team in this tournament), did anyone seen it? what do u make of this?

how do u see the chances of holland vs chile in the upcoming world cup?

i havent seen the performance and im not one that thinks friendlies mean a lot, all im gonna say is chile is TOUGH. Dont underestimate them, less so in southamerica...

holland hasnt been doing good in friendlies

Im super intrigued for how the group B will unfold

I predict is gonna be very very hard for spain, holland or chile to go through....a battle!!!
I saw the game. Neither team was that great tbh. The Netherlands played with Van Persie + 10 Eredivisie players, some of whom will probably not be part of the actual WC team. Van Persie is coming back from a serious knee injury and couldn't play the whole game. Ecuador scored within the first 10 minutes of the game but didn't show much after that. They only had 1 shot on target and 1 shot off target the whole game (NED had 6 and 4).

I suspect that the reason we haven't been doing great in friendlies is because our coach (Van Gaal) has been experimenting a lot with new players and different systems. Yesterday we played the 5-3-2 formation for the first time. I just hope they get it together once the WC starts.

I honestly don't expect too much from this WC. I wouldn't be surprised if we advanced but I wouldn't be surprised if we finished behind Spain and Chile either. I'd be much more confident if our group wasn't so damn hard.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:01 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I'd be much more confident if our group wasn't so damn hard.
I think most fans think the same of their group. Ghana, Portugal and Germany...yikes. I have my orange Nederland t-shirt and Ajax jersey to wear proudly for the duration of the tournament should the US fail to advance.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:54 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,427,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Why would he not start any game ?
He has a lot of soccer miles on his body and his body is starting to breakdown. I read a few articles basically saying that, but then I watched that show on ESPN (Inside) and he was saying that he is just not able to train like he used to. He said he needs to take days off and he also said something like, when they get together and have 12 training sessions it is impossible for him to have 12 good ones like he used to. I think Klinsmann will use him as a sub to get more games out of him...but maybe I am wrong.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
why? just stating facts

according to a recent survey, only 17% of argentinians think argentina will get to the finals. And nearly 40% think they will get out in the quarters just like in every world cup. 6% think they wont get out of the group. Most people here think Brasil will win world cup.

But im trying to be optimistic here, im hopeful with the great players we have and the AMAZING offensive power, best attack in the wc
I just don't see Argentina NOT making it to the finals. They should have a relatively easy road, assuming things go as planned for the superpowers.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:41 PM

3 weeks to go, guys!

OMG!!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 07:07 PM

4 posts, read 2,759 times
I reckon argentina I'm aussie but they are very bad so go argentina and go messi!

Old 05-22-2014, 08:13 AM

Did you guys see the news on Suarez, that would be a huge blow for Uruguay. Recovery time will be tight for him.

Uruguay's Suarez to have knee surgery before World Cup - report | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or