U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 03:42 PM

831 posts, read 2,084,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Who can blame any team for mocking Argentina? Theiy came to our country and made a mess in our stadiums breaking chairs and creating conflict and vandalism wherever they went. No rivalry in the world should serve as excuse for such behaviour. Cheering for your team is one thing but that chanting was offensive to a lot of people. Maradona is also to be blamed because he has done nothing but fueled the rivalry with his behavior against Brazil, mainly because I don't think he ever got over Pele being chosen by FIFA as the major player of all time. Or perhaps, it's the fact Pele has 3 WC wins against 2 from Argentina.
I'm sorry but, have you ever thought of the possibility that you are generalizing?

I don't know about conflict and vandalism but I'm sure that if that happened, they were a very small minority within all the Argentines that went to Brazil (a very despicable minority, of course).

I'm quite amazed at the level of sweeping-generalizations some posters are showing here.

BTW, I congratulate the Germans for winning the WC. Of course, I'm a bit sad because Argentina lost the final, but I'm very glad because our team gave a great fight up to the end.

I'm also glad that the Argentina national team demonstrated that they weren't going to be destroyed, as some said, neither by the Netherlands nor by Germany, after that tremendous and sad defeat the Brazilians suffered.

Congrats to Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 03:50 PM

2,277 posts, read 1,767,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
You guys are the ones to talk.

VIDEO: Argentina fans taunt injured Neymar by holding a fake spine after Brazilian star suffers back injury | Mail Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odxg9BmRGZE

"Brasil, decime qué se siente tener en casa a tu papá.
Te juro que aunque pasen los años, nunca nos vamos a olvidar...
Que el Diego te gambeteó, que Cani te vacunó, que estás llorando desde Italia hasta hoy.
A Messi lo vas a ver, la Copa nos va a traer, Maradona es más grande que Pelé"

Let me translate:

"Brazil, tell me how it feels to have your daddy at home.
I swear though the years pass, we will never forget ...
that Diego dribble you, Cani scored to you, you're crying from Italy to today.
A Messi you'll see, the Cup is going to bring us .....Maradona s bigger than Pele. "

Whenever the Argentinian Fans chanted that in the Maracana they were booed by the Brazilian crowd. Argentinia fans stopped chanting at the 113th Minute, started crying and the brazilian and german crowd started cheering. I wonder why.
Inside the wardrobe, not in front of 100.000 people, a huge difference
And that chant is 100% football-related.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:53 PM

2,277 posts, read 1,767,859 times
Quote:
Who can blame any team for mocking Argentina? Theiy came to our country and made a mess in our stadiums breaking chairs and creating conflict and vandalism wherever they went. No rivalry in the world should serve as excuse for such behaviour. Cheering for your team is one thing but that chanting was offensive to a lot of people. Maradona is also to be blamed because he has done nothing but fueled the rivalry with his behavior against Brazil, mainly because I don't think he ever got over Pele being chosen by FIFA as the major player of all time. Or perhaps, it's the fact Pele has 3 WC wins against 2 from Argentina.
Still hurt by the 1-7?

Old 07-15-2014, 04:53 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,428,774 times
World Cup is over

ze germans won

/thread

Old 07-15-2014, 05:00 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,408,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
Bad behavior by the Germans

Germany World Cup winners attacked for

Germany World Cup winners attacked for ‘gauchos’ Argentina jibe on triumphant return
Idiots, they can go to hell for all I care. F. Rude.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:23 PM

750 posts, read 921,482 times
Quote:
Still hurt by the 1-7?
Quite the contrary, during the WC, Podolski published on social media that Brazil soccer inspired the players who play today, now it's time for us to use some inspiration.

Last edited by Indyking; 07-15-2014 at 05:35 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 05:44 PM

750 posts, read 921,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
I'm sorry but, have you ever thought of the possibility that you are generalizing
I'm not generalizing at all, I was specifically referring to the Argentina fans who went to Brazil and created such mess, nobody else did that. That is not how you treat your host. I have good Argentinian friends who think those guys are idiots too, so I could never generalize.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:53 PM

831 posts, read 2,084,562 times
Quote:
I'm not generalizing at all, I was specifically referring to the Argentina fans who went to Brazil and created such mess, nobody else did that. That is not how you treat your host. I have good Argentinian friends who think those guys are idiots too, so I could never generalize.
There were dozens of thousands Argentine fans who went to Brazil, and I don't think all of them, not even most of them, did that mess. I still think you're generalizing.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:29 AM

1,961 posts, read 1,213,265 times
Quote:
Inside the wardrobe, not in front of 100.000 people, a huge difference
And that chant is 100% football-related.
So is the German chant. The German players were refering to the way the Argentinian players were walking after the game. Stop beeing such sore losers!!!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:33 AM

1,961 posts, read 1,213,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Idiots, they can go to hell for all I care. F. Rude.
Argentina players were throwing punches after they lost against Germany in 2006. Argentinian teams are one one of the most unfair and nasty teams out there.
They deserve everything they got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or