U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 01:23 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,440,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Tim Howard

John Brooks
Fabian Johnson
Geoff Cameron

Julian Green
Michael Bradley
Jermaine Jones
Alejandro Bedoya

Clint Dempsey
Aron Johannsson
Bobby Wood

That would be my starting 11.
Bobby Wood will have a difficult time getting on teh field
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 03:50 PM

4,867 posts, read 6,404,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Interesting comemnts on Donovan. Personally, I agree with Klinsmann. I'd think his opinion has great weight simply because he hismelf was a scorer and has the insight to know what it is needed at that level the US is playing at.
Just my opinion but Mr. Donovan looked to lack 'drive'.

And as far as Klinsmann, best thing that ever happened to the US team in terms of competent leadership. JK knows what it takes to win on the world stage and playing the Cup. His experience is extremely valuable. And I think by dropping Donovan he's suggesting it's a new era for the future of the US team. As Klinsmann said...'soccer is about what you do today and what you hopefully do tomorrow'. With his great responsibility he surely saw Donovan coming up short.
He also included two players that don't deserve a spot on the World Cup roster. Chandler dodged CAP tying affairs over and over and Green was not part of the qualifying campaign. He also elected to bring Brad Davis over Donovan as well. Questionable selections, if you ask me.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:02 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,137,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Bobby Wood will have a difficult time getting on teh field
Why not take a gamble on youth in a few positions? Remember Michael Owen for England in France 98?

Old 05-23-2014, 10:20 PM

248 posts, read 260,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Why not take a gamble on youth in a few positions? Remember Michael Owen for England in France 98?
Owen was playing for Liverpool at the time, though.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:30 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,438,505 times
And every young US superstar the last few years has been nothing short of dissapointing. Drop Donavon for a kid, good move Klinsmann. No wonder Germany and Bayern canned your ass ..

Old 05-24-2014, 12:56 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,726,531 times
Quote:
He also included two players that don't deserve a spot on the World
Cup roster. Chandler dodged CAP tying affairs over and over and Green was not
part of the qualifying campaign. He also elected to bring Brad Davis over
Donovan as well. Questionable selections, if you ask me.
Point taken. I'd say a manager checks things out in thoughful deliberations. If he's wise he also consults with others before making the final decisions. We'll certainly see how the US performs. What I'll say is we'll know how Klinsmann has prepared the team for the trials ahead with the world's best. Now if they're ahead going into the last 10 minutes against the world's best I'd like to think they'd know how to play and execute the game to play it out. If they can do that well their confidence will grow.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:55 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,471,198 times
Angelito Di Maria named man of the match after winning champions league

hes been the best player in real madrid for a while now

everything shaping up

Old 05-24-2014, 10:37 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,471,198 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtgGuB8JQXo

Old 05-25-2014, 05:47 PM

4 posts, read 2,772 times
obviously spain have more stars, but! they have been underperforming lately in their stars leagues therefore im betting on a argentina and german GF

ggo Argentina!!!

Old 05-26-2014, 05:46 PM

2,889 posts, read 3,310,867 times
My finalized world cup brackets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or