Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2014, 03:00 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times

Advertisements

Good lord!! This is anyone's cup! All the teams are kinda evenly matched. Greece I would say is terrible but Australia, mostly Cahill, gave Chile a hard time. Colombia tore into Greece and I don't even want to being up Spain. Lastly, Croatia as robbed, they could've done better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 03:17 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Greece is not that bad. They had 2 or 3 solid chances to get a goal. Their group is still pretty wide open, But Colombia is sitting pretty.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:20 PM

58 posts, read 94,754 times
If South American teams are owning this WC so far, does that mean Uruguay belongs to Africa or Oceania now?

Lol at the Uruguayans who laughed at us yesterday, they have had the same fate today. They only suffered 3 because it was Costa Rica. In a match against Italy or England playing that way, it would be like 1-7

Italy-England coming soon. Call me crazy but I'm putting my money on England. However, Pirlo will score either a foul kick or a penalty *visionary troll mode OFF*

Old 06-14-2014, 03:30 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkai View Post
If South American teams are owning this WC so far, does that mean Uruguay belongs to Africa or Oceania now?

Lol at the Uruguayans who laughed at us yesterday, they have had the same fate today. They only suffered 3 because it was Costa Rica. In a match against Italy or England playing that way, it would be like 1-7

Italy-England coming soon. Call me crazy but I'm putting my money on England. However, Pirlo will score either a foul kick or a penalty *visionary troll mode OFF*

LOVE THIS WC!

Uruguay sucks, they sucked bad in the CONMEBOL, and, like always, they needed argentina help (who was already qualified first) to get a chance to play the playoffs. Argentina sent a D team (i didnt even know those players) to play against uruguay last match and they barely manage to beat us 3-2 (A vs A team argentina destroyed uruguay 3-0). Anyways, they have been sucking for the last 2 years, and anyone who seen conmebol qualys know this.

I should be in favour of all SA teams doing well, but the fact is i dont like how uruguay play, how dirty they are, and how insanely arrogant they are for 2010 and copa america, they think they are the best thing.

Oh well, they deserve what they got.

Congrats to costa rica

this WC is amazing so far. hopes it continues this way

Old 06-14-2014, 03:31 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
England for the win!!! Go En-ga-land!

Old 06-14-2014, 06:28 PM

58 posts, read 94,754 times
Best match so far in the tournament. This WC is being awesome even though we were humiliated yesterday.

Argentina's show tomorrow. I'm having my heart divided even though I have no kind of links whatsoever with either Argentina or Bosnia whatsoever. I want Argentina to win but I'm also supporting Bosnia since this is their first WC ever in their history. Di Maria looks fit, and Messi also looks better than he did most of this season in Barça. The only "weak" part of this team is their midfielders since they are more physical than technical, but that is easily overcome with their attacking players.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:57 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,216 times
I was impressed with Costa Rica beating Uruguay and disappointed with England. England had a few chances to equalize but it didn't pan out for them.

The next match is a few moments away! Ivory Coast vs Japan. I'm predicting 2-0 Japan.

-Cheers!

Old 06-14-2014, 07:27 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Love the drums, horns and the rattle in this Côte d'Ivoire match. Hypnotic at 4:30am.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:41 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Love the passion of the Cote d'Ivoire fans. Colombian fans impressed too

Old 06-14-2014, 11:05 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Wow! This WC is most definitely full of surprises.

So far, most of the "Usual Suspects" showed up to the "dance," but forgot their steps, lost their rhythm, or both!

Italy's win over England is not much of a surprise.

A better effort from Greece would've been nice. Gotta give it up to Colombia for this thrill of a victory.

Japan's defeat was somewhat of a shocker. Ivory Coast's second half could not have been more exiting. The dynamics of the game visibly changed the second Drogba took to the field.

Never in my life would have imagined Uruguay getting royally spanked by . . . Costa Rica? Didn't expect such a lopsided win could be possible between these two teams. Way ta go Ticos!

Awesome f_cking World Cup so far!

Gonna hit my favourite Irish Pub on Monday to watch Iran vs Nigeria. I pray to God they play the song "Happy" when the Iranians take to the field.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer