U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 01:39 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,488,178 times

Advertisements

Why does the US keep getting put in the same group as Ghana? Though Ghana isn't a high seed, they seem to always find a way to beat the US. If the United States can find a way to advance to the later rounds, I would love to see how the team USA would do against Brazil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 02:51 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,108,180 times
If you are fearing Ghana that tells you how you would do against Brazil lol.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,488,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Ghana is just one of those teams that the US doesn't do well against. I feel that the United States would play Brazil pretty tough even though they are a much better team than Ghana is.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:47 AM

579 posts, read 641,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
No one is ever 100% right but if I get 75% of my predictions correct i'll be happy. Here are my prediction's as of now, the day before the tournament starts I'll give my final predictions which shouldn't change to much but injuries and other unexpected changes might make a few changes here and there. As for the final i'm really undecided between Brazil and Argentina but since Brazil is at home i'll give it to them for now.
1 UEFA team in the Final 8?

Old 03-30-2014, 10:51 AM

2,942 posts, read 4,398,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
No one is ever 100% right but if I get 75% of my predictions correct i'll be happy. Here are my prediction's as of now, the day before the tournament starts I'll give my final predictions which shouldn't change to much but injuries and other unexpected changes might make a few changes here and there. As for the final i'm really undecided between Brazil and Argentina but since Brazil is at home i'll give it to them for now.
You are so biased against Europe it's hilarious.

I'm shocked you didn't pick Ecuador to advance to the QF as well. I know it's statistically impossible but still.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 PM

85 posts, read 97,580 times
In the deep of my football fan soul, there's a voice saying "Italy is a team that no one should ever look down on..."... EVERY TIME the entire world think Italy is over and done, Italians surprise. Who would have thought that they will reach the final of Eurocup? And, aside the final against Spain, they did a respectable tourney... I don't know, the logic says Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain... But I say: Italy. I don't forget the fact that they have simply the second best midfielder I've ever seen: Andrea Pirlo. Pirlo has already won a World Cup... It would be no absurd to win another, specially considering the very low level of the football played by all the favorites... Italians are smart, very smart playing football...

Old 03-31-2014, 12:45 AM

579 posts, read 641,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Rago View Post
In the deep of my football fan soul, there's a voice saying "Italy is a team that no one should ever look down on..."... EVERY TIME the entire world think Italy is over and done, Italians surprise. Who would have thought that they will reach the final of Eurocup? And, aside the final against Spain, they did a respectable tourney... I don't know, the logic says Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain... But I say: Italy. I don't forget the fact that they have simply the second best midfielder I've ever seen: Andrea Pirlo. Pirlo has already won a World Cup... It would be no absurd to win another, specially considering the very low level of the football played by all the favorites... Italians are smart, very smart playing football...
I have Italy at #3 only behind Germany & Spain

Old 04-01-2014, 05:22 PM

2,889 posts, read 3,297,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
1 UEFA team in the Final 8?
I know you have a hard time seeing but there are clearly 3 teams from UEFA in the Quarter-Finals

Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,408,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Ghana are USA's bogey team. I don't think the US are necessarily better than them they're prolly on par but Ghana seems to always better them.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:49 AM

4,854 posts, read 6,377,822 times
Three predictions:

1) England will not advance from group stage

2) Brazil will lose early, dropped out of second round by the Netherlands

3) Germany wins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or