U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 03:11 PM

331 posts, read 468,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Knowing Greece, this game will go to ET and then penalties
God no!. I hate those.
If someone doesn´t score soon, I´m going to jump through my television and...

EDIT: Goalllllll!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 03:12 PM

16,411 posts, read 26,228,275 times
Quote:
Knowing Greece, this game will go to ET and then penalties
Yeah, this game definitely is boring.. especially after the Chile vs Brasil game. That game definitely looked like the game deciding who was going to be the World Cup champion this year.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:13 PM

583 posts, read 908,113 times
Gooooooooooollll!!!!!!

Costa Rica 1 Greece 0

Old 06-29-2014, 03:13 PM

How does that goal not get stopped? That's really bad...

I don't see Greece coming back anymore.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:15 PM

24,268 posts, read 18,778,731 times
I have to praise the Greek counter-attacks, as they are extremely fast and skillful, but that lacklustre attitude in long attacks is depressing. Often 6 men are not even interested in attacking. Maybe the left back joins up a bit once every 20 minutes.

Well, Greece have to change their style now. Way to go Costa Rica!

And a penalty... not given!

Old 06-29-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
God no!. I hate those.
If someone doesn´t score soon, I´m going to jump through my television and...

EDIT: Goalllllll!!!!
ok that made me laugh out loud

Old 06-29-2014, 03:18 PM

1,957 posts, read 1,209,935 times
Quote:
Can you give some examples? I thought the complete opposite, there were quite a few instances where he was fouled but kept going even though he would've gotten a free kick if he had fallen down. Robben has "earned" that reputation as someone who goes down quickly but I honestly think he's been very clean and a teamplayer in this WC (whereas he is also often accused of being selfish). He has really stepped up as the leader of this team and I wish people would give him more credit for that instead of always looking for reasons to criticize him.
Well, there were 1 one or 2 instances of dives in the first half when he wasn't even touched and completely dived. For the record I think that the foul on robben short before half time was a clear penalty. But I think the penalty a then end was a 50/50 situation. A referee can give the penalty but he dosn't have to. He was slightly touched and his theatrics didn't justify the slight touch at all. I just think with he quality Robben has he doesn't need these theatrics. I think he is a likeable guy in interviews even (his german sounds so funny with his dutch accent :-)).

Old 06-29-2014, 03:21 PM

1,957 posts, read 1,209,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Mexico didn't deserve a loss and that was a clear mistake by the refs.

I haven't noticed too many horrible calls like the blatant calls in 2010, but come on.. that's pathetic.

The only people who can stand behind that call is someone from Holland or someone who hates Mexico.

3 minutes to go, let them play.

Well, I think the penalty was a 50/50 situation. Robben was slightly touched, but it didn't justify his theatrics.

But something we can agree on is the terrible refereeing at this WC. An absolute disgrace.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Well, I think the penalty was a 50/50 situation. Robben was slightly touched, but it didn't justify his theatrics.

But something we can agree on is the terrible refereeing at this WC. An absolute disgrace.
When are they ever good?

You'd think with the Billions of dollars that FIFA has, that they could get a system that would allow decent refs and not so many blown games.

If there's a situation that can maybe go 50/50, you do not make the call and decide a game of such importance on a penalty kick.

That call should not have been made.

On another note, these Greeks and Costa Ricans are really annoying me. They are not even getting touched and just laying on the ground... get up.

Both of these teams are gonna get their butts kicked by Holland.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:27 PM

I realize I don't know too much about soccer, but is that really a red card????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or