U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,416,596 times

Advertisements

I feel like Messi is fragile physically already. My concern is that he will be hurt before or during the WC...actually, it isn't really a concern as I don't want Argentina to win, I just dont like seeing players hurt, especially great players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,946,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Germany does not need to play Spain's style in order to win.

The 4 teams I am looking at are Spain, Brazil, Germany and the Netherlands. We all know Brazil is going to have massive support at all of their games. Word is that there will not be a large number of foreign fans, especially from Europe, Asia and Australia, making the trek down to Brazil so most of those teams won't have great support propelling them on.

Spain is loaded with talent and have shown they can play very well in international competitions.

The US is going to need a lot of help and 3 solid performances to get out of their group. I think it's a safe assumption their best hope is to finish second. They have to beat Ghana and at least draw Portugal to have a shot. I still feel the fact that no US player is currently playing for a top 20 club in Europe is hurting the team.

This World Cup could be a coming out party of sorts for Belgium. They're loaded with great talent, most of it young too, and could make a splash and cause some trouble. I think they get out of their group and make some noise in the knockout rounds. Eden Hazard, Vincent Kompany, Romelu Lukaku, Thibaut Courtois, Thomas Vermaelen, Christian Benteke and Marouane Fellaini should keep the Belgians very competitive.
They're my dark horse team, for sure.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,085,866 times
And don't forget Axel Witsel, Jan Vertonghen, Kevin De Bruyne, Simon Mignolet, Kevin Mirallas, Dries Mertens, Mousa Dembele, Nacer Chadli and Steven Defour. Belgium are riddled with talent, and depth of talent.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:06 PM

7,549 posts, read 16,381,882 times
They are, Belgium are not my favourites but they are definitely setup with the talent to pull off a shock.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:53 PM

85 posts, read 97,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
And don't forget Axel Witsel, Jan Vertonghen, Kevin De Bruyne, Simon Mignolet, Kevin Mirallas, Dries Mertens, Mousa Dembele, Nacer Chadli and Steven Defour. Belgium are riddled with talent, and depth of talent.
Guys, Belgium, Switzerland and Colombia are only top seeds because FIFA has the most freakish criteria. I bet these teams won't event pass for the knock-outs. It's perfectly likely that Colombia even finish last in its group...

Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 PM

579 posts, read 639,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Rago View Post
Guys, Belgium, Switzerland and Colombia are only top seeds because FIFA has the most freakish criteria. I bet these teams won't event pass for the knock-outs. It's perfectly likely that Colombia even finish last in its group...
Swizz yes. But those other 2 are legit

Old 04-11-2014, 10:00 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,424,281 times
Colombia playing in Brazil? i think they'll do ok

Old 04-11-2014, 11:25 AM

3,719 posts, read 3,876,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
Colombia playing in Brazil? i think they'll do ok
They'll certainly have massive support, as will all the South American teams.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:47 PM

2,891 posts, read 3,285,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Rago View Post
belgium and colombia will win their groups and probably make it to the quarter-finals.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:29 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,407,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
I love messi I just hate Argentina and Barcelona. Sry Sophie but you argentines need to solve your god complex.

Argentinians dont have god complex

quite the opposite, i have made bets with about everyone i know that arg will get to the final and i cant find ONE SINGLE PERSON that agrees with me. Everyone thinks we will lose in quarters or semi. Some even think we wont make it out of the group eventhough we have the easiest group in the history of World Cups. And that is in soccer, the thing argentinians are most proud about. If you ask about any other things (mostly politics, nation status, international affairs, crime, society) be ready to hear some BITCHING.
Argentinians idiosincracy is to b***h about everything argentinian.

Having said so: AGUERO DI MARIA AND MESSI LIFTING THE WORLD CUP

(yeah, im one of those rare optimistics argentinians)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or