U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-01-2014, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Florida
1,748 posts, read 1,655,194 times
Reputation: 1774

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Then hope USA beat Belgium and Argentina, and hope Colombia advances against Brazil.

Either way can you imagine a Brazil vs Argentina final? My god, that would be epic!
It would be epic in historical significance, but with the teams present this year, it wouldn't be a match-up of the 2 best teams.

Unfortunately, I think the matchup of the 2 strongest sides will be happening in the quarters, when France faces Germany. I think they're the 2 most well rounded sides and it'll be a great matchup, although a little disappointing to see one go out in the quarters when a weaker team like Brazil or Argentina will be able to advance to the semis.

I think the best possible final would be Netherlands vs. France. Would be a great match!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2014, 01:48 PM
 
10,097 posts, read 7,536,732 times
Reputation: 5225
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
It would be epic in historical significance, but with the teams present this year, it wouldn't be a match-up of the 2 best teams.

Unfortunately, I think the matchup of the 2 strongest sides will be happening in the quarters, when France faces Germany. I think they're the 2 most well rounded sides and it'll be a great matchup, although a little disappointing to see one go out in the quarters when a weaker team like Brazil or Argentina will be able to advance to the semis.

I think the best possible final would be Netherlands vs. France. Would be a great match!
I agree. The two best teams are France and Holland. Well if France beats Germany and Brazil or Colombia, and holland beats both Costa Rica and the winner of Argentina vs USA/Belgium, then you'll have your match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,416 posts, read 4,830,900 times
Reputation: 2635
interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:10 PM
 
476 posts, read 467,013 times
Reputation: 390
The dutch will win the cup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:19 PM
 
2,333 posts, read 2,368,140 times
Reputation: 1126
Belgium should be up 2-0 but somehow its still 0-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:29 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
2,942 posts, read 4,389,439 times
Reputation: 3402
If Belgium had a proper striker it would've been something like 5-0 by now. They've had 21 shots (of which 14 on goal) but not a single one went in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:36 PM
 
2,333 posts, read 2,368,140 times
Reputation: 1126
so much for jozy altidore klinsmann. the man that replaced landon hasn't played even 30 minutes. I wonder what a 4-4-2 formation would've been had jozy stayed healthy because this US offense is like a U18 team compared to every team they played
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:40 PM
 
3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
If Belgium had a proper striker it would've been something like 5-0 by now. They've had 21 shots (of which 14 on goal) but not a single one went in.
Yep. If the US manage to pull this out, they will be VERY fortunate. Belgium have completely dominated this match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:46 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
2,942 posts, read 4,389,439 times
Reputation: 3402
Nice to see a Native American on the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:47 PM
 
Location: DC area
1,691 posts, read 2,198,616 times
Reputation: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Yep. If the US manage to pull this out, they will be VERY fortunate. Belgium have completely dominated this match.
Indeed. We are completely outclassed in this match and oh does it show. With the very large exception of Tim Howard. My god, Tim Howard during this game. The man is a beast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top