Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 PM

5,886 posts, read 10,485,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I read it wasn't a big issue and he will play in the Champions League final, but probably rest this weekend with Ronaldo.

Yeah, thank god is nothing serious. I was so sad last night but learn at work first thing in the morning than Di Maria is gonna be ok. Im relieved

(now the only superstar left for argentina to give us a big scare is messi )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 05:32 PM

6,401 posts, read 8,928,502 times
Nigeria names 30 man provisional squad:

Quote:
Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Lille/FRA), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be'er Sheva/ISR), Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United), Daniel Akpeyi (Warri Wolves) Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (Monaco/FRA), Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC/SCO), Godfrey Oboabona (Rizespor/TUR), Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves), Kenneth Omeruo (Middlesbrough/ENG), Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod FC/ISR), Joseph Yobo (Norwich City/ENG), Kunle Odunlami (Sunshine Stars)
Midfielders: Mikel Obi (Chelsea/ENG), Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio/ITA), Ramon Azeez (Almeria/SPA), Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers), Gabriel Reuben (Beveren/BEL), Nosa Igiebor (Real Betis/SPA), Joel Obi (Parma/ITA), Michael Uchebo (Cercle Brugge/BEL), Sunday Mba (CA Bastia/FRA)
Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow/RUS), Shola Ameobi (Newcastle United/ENG), Victor Moses (Liverpool/ENG), Emmanuel Emenike (Fenerbahce/TUR), Obinna Nsofor (Chievo Verona/ITA), Peter Osaze Odemwingie (Stoke City/ENG), Babatunde Michael (Volyn/UKR), Nnamdi Oduamadi (Varese/ITA), Uche Nwofor (Heerenveen/NED)
Yobo, Odemwingie in Nigeria squad - FIFA.com

Old 05-08-2014, 06:09 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,780,311 times
Some of the Nigerian players are trying to bring some money with them to spend in brazil but cannot get it here. Can anyone help them transfer some money to american banks? you'll be handsomely rewarded

Old 05-09-2014, 02:21 AM

204 posts, read 315,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
Some of the Nigerian players are trying to bring some money with them to spend in brazil but cannot get it here. Can anyone help them transfer some money to american banks? you'll be handsomely rewarded
Haha email chain scam?

Old 05-11-2014, 07:52 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,877,733 times
Montolivo and Gilardino in the Italian team.
I want to die.
I am not Italian.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:49 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,028,503 times
Mexico's first match is against Brazil.
Yikes

We like Mexico. At least in food, soccer and vacations

And people, especially cooks.

Well, Mexico DID win the Olympics over Brazil so miracles will happen.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:13 AM

14,813 posts, read 11,905,423 times
I've never know such 'apathy' in the UK for a world cup before, I think the Premier League has destroyed international football on these Isles, I was just thinking about it today, I love football but I simply cannot raise any excitement / expectation for this competition at all! I don't think Ive spoken to anybody about it here and I don't think anybody has mentioned it to me! It used to be so different even 20 years ago. I can honestly say I don't think I am even going to bother to watch any of the games (even the ones involving England), in fact most (though not all) world cup games are pretty dull from what I remember (particularly the group games), I cant believe its come to this, I despise the English FA and UEFA and I dont hold FIFA in a particularly high regard either. I suppose the fact that the English team is not exactly great at the moment must have something to do with it but I cant quite figure out what it is exactly that has made this particular football loving person feel so 'meh' about the whole thing! I am actually looking forward to the Rugby World Cup much more - FA you have a lot to answer for!

Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,780,311 times
you'll probably get up for it when the games start.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:52 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,229,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Mexico's first match is against Brazil.
Yikes

We like Mexico. At least in food, soccer and vacations

And people, especially cooks.

Well, Mexico DID win the Olympics over Brazil so miracles will happen.
Mexico will not beat Brazil, book it. Olympics and WC are two different things. I say 3-0.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:05 PM

14,813 posts, read 11,905,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
you'll probably get up for it when the games start.
You're probably right about that, but back in the day people used to attach flags to their cars and the streets would be empty for the games involving England (or Scotland if they qualified) we would be as excited as Sophie! But now....nothing, perhaps it is because its the other side of the world? Perhaps its because nobody thinks the English team will win I don't know but whereas the World Cup is becoming more popular in 'new regions of the world' it seems to be going the other way here (though domestic football is as popular as ever), is there anybody else that senses the same thing in their country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer