Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 02:31 PM

330 posts, read 543,753 times

Advertisements

This game so far...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 02:42 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,227,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Oh, Robben. One Day you will be booked for your diving. One Day.
That was not a dive, lol. He was clearly fouled. He may have been a bit theatrical in his fall but that's not the same as diving. You want diving, you should look at those South American actresses from yesterday. I don't easily get annoyed by the occasional dive because it's just a part of football but yesterday it was just blatant. The game was stopped literally every minute or so because of some pretend foul

I also think the referee decided to give the penalty in this case because there were two highly questionable situations involving Robben before, where he could have given the penalty but gave Mexico the benefit of the doubt. At some point, enough is enough.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The Greek team after this match: http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...4_61684005.jpg

Great tactic, Greece. 9 men defends and Jesus is up front attacking.
It works for them. Greece is not a good team but they're extremely tough to beat. They rarely lose (or win) by more than one goal. I expect nothing different from this game. That's why I complimented Colombia on their 3-0 win over Greece because that kind of result is far from typical. I hope CR can pull through because Greece is the epitome of anti-football. I put my money on Greece though because the odds were favourable and you can simply never count them out

Old 06-29-2014, 02:54 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,816,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The Greek team after this match: http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...4_61684005.jpg

Great tactic, Greece. 9 men defends and Jesus is up front attacking.
Lol they are the more attacking team.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:57 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,960,519 times
Costa Rica vs Greece is lacking the action of the match I saw earlier. Hopefully the 2nd half will be more exciting.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:58 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,582,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
That was not a dive, lol. He was clearly fouled. He may have been a bit theatrical in his fall but that's not the same as diving. You want diving, you should look at those South American actresses from yesterday. I don't easily get annoyed by the occasional dive because it's just a part of football but yesterday it was just blatant. The game was stopped literally every minute or so because of some pretend foul

I also think the referee decided to give the penalty in this case because there were two highly questionable situations involving Robben before, where he could have given the penalty but gave Mexico the benefit of the doubt. At some point, enough is enough.
Lol. I agree it was a penalty. Its just Robbens demeanor that annoys me. I'm from Germany, I watch him do that every weekend in the Bundesliga. I even routed for the Netherlands today. It's just today there were many instances when Robben dived and he wasn't even touched. I just wish that referees would book divers more often. And especially Robben is a player who when a fresh breeze of air hits him he acts like he has been shot. By the way I have the same problem with Thomas Müller's theatrics. Although when he plays for Germany I kind of look over it :-)

Old 06-29-2014, 03:02 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,850,308 times
Mexico didn't deserve a loss and that was a clear mistake by the refs.

I haven't noticed too many horrible calls like the blatant calls in 2010, but come on.. that's pathetic.

The only people who can stand behind that call is someone from Holland or someone who hates Mexico.

3 minutes to go, let them play.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Lol. I agree it was a penalty. Its just Robbens demeanor that annoys me. I'm from Germany, I watch him do that every weekend in the Bundesliga. I even routed for the Netherlands today. It's just today there were many instances when Robben dived and he wasn't even touched. I just wish that referees would book divers more often. And especially Robben is a player who when a fresh breeze of air hits him he acts like he has been shot. By the way I have the same problem with Thomas Müller's theatrics. Although when he plays for Germany I kind of look over it :-)
Can you give some examples? I thought the complete opposite, there were quite a few instances where he was fouled but kept going even though he would've gotten a free kick if he had fallen down. Robben has "earned" that reputation as someone who goes down quickly but I honestly think he's been very clean and a teamplayer in this WC (whereas he is also often accused of being selfish). He has really stepped up as the leader of this team and I wish people would give him more credit for that instead of always looking for reasons to criticize him.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:05 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,850,308 times
Greece looks better against Costa Rica than I thought, I still think that if it stays 0-0 Costa Rica will put in a goal before Greece will. They need to go up on Costa Rica early in the second half if they want a chance at winning.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Greece looks better against Costa Rica than I thought, I still think that if it stays 0-0 Costa Rica will put in a goal before Greece will. They need to go up on Costa Rica early in the second half if they want a chance at winning.
Knowing Greece, this game will go to ET and then penalties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer