U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 11:31 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,712,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
no, me
I was simply trying to start an "I believe that we can win", but nobody here is buying in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 12:03 PM

21,390 posts, read 21,961,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
I was simply trying to start an "I believe that we can win", but nobody here is buying in.
we've beaten better

Old 06-22-2014, 12:24 PM

546 posts, read 417,856 times
Quote:
Count me in!!

Old 06-22-2014, 12:41 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,713,799 times
Re: Mr. Ronaldo

Hehe yes he could be singing Simon and Garfunkel's hit 'Fakin' It!

Ali had his 'ropa-dope' setting up his opponent while on the ropes. I figure our guys are hip to it. Only thing is does that make it more likely CR7 will be say 'protected' out there?????
Could change things!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:39 PM

490 posts, read 566,543 times
Quote:
You can win. USA are a decent team.

But it's going to need another below par performance from Portugal. If Ronaldo finds his form tonight, it could be a long night for the US.

I hope the USA do it though. I'm hoping for a Russia vs USA clash in the knockout stage!

Old 06-22-2014, 06:03 PM

2,588 posts, read 4,667,529 times
A draw in the last match is good for both the USA and for Germany

Hmmmm...

Old 06-22-2014, 06:18 PM

21,390 posts, read 21,961,490 times
US chances to advance greatly increase with a Portugal win against Ghana

World Cup Table calculator

Old 06-22-2014, 07:02 PM

2,588 posts, read 4,667,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
US chances to advance greatly increase with a Portugal win against Ghana

World Cup Table calculator

US chances to advance are 100% if the match against Germany ends in a draw

Germany chances to advances are 100% if the match against the USA ends in a draw...

Both will have 5 points, and can't be reached neither by Ghana nor by Portugal...

In other words, a draw is good for the two teams playing against each other...

Old 06-22-2014, 07:49 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,505,437 times
I was thinking as I was watching the last few minutes of the US Portugal game that Michael Bradley was maybe too worn out and needed to be replaced with a fresh body. There was a one time when the ball was passed in his direction and he didn't run towards the ball creating a dangerous opportunity for the opposing team. Another times it seemed his passes had no energy in them and were promptly intercepted by Portugal. Each time it created dangerous scoring opportunities for Portugal but Portugal could not capitalize on them. Finally the last Bradley dispossession Portugal made the US pay dearly for it. In the last minute of the game Bradley got dispossessed of the ball surrounded by 4 players. The ball was quickly was passed to Ronaldo who crossed it in front of goal and was headed into the net denying the US of a near certain victory. If you are surrounded by 4 opposing players in the last minute of a game at least kick it out to someone else or kick it towards the Portugal end line as not to give the desperate opposing team a quick counterattack opportunity. Disappointing to get denied the 3 points when all the US had to do was hold on for about another 40 seconds but the game is never over until the whistle blows. Hopefully they will learn from this and at least get a draw with Germany.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:55 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,564,351 times
I agree, bradley has been a bit disappointing the past two games. He did way better in this game but he just exhausts quickly. He should've been swapped for a fresh pair of legs. The US really dropped the ball on what was a sure thing. I'm disappointed but still optimistic as they played one helluva game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or