U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 07:58 PM

6,473 posts, read 13,943,434 times

Advertisements

Did you all love the post from yesterday? LOL Well Kinkytoes enjoyed it.

The Team's Food

One of my early worries was about what the team was eating in Brazil. It turns out there are a chef and dietician that travel with the team. They feed them a LOT, I believe ~ 4000 calories a day and make sure they do not eat food that may make them sick. That's a relief!

The "food staff" consist of Dietician Danielle Lafata and Chef Bryson Billapando. I'm sure there are more people on the staff to prepare food etc...but Danielle even personally blends up smoothies for our boys. The team's favorite foods include rice and beans and avocados. I'm not a fan of beans, but I love Caribbean peas and rice, and avocados. No wonder they have such nice skin.

Coach Juergen is also very involved in the menu selected for the team. Not every team has a personal chef. It appears England did not...and look where they ended up. About the food, Kyle says:
“I think Jurgen’s really taken the U.S. national team in terms of all of those things to another level. You just really trust in what you’re eating. You know that whatever you’re eating, it’s giving you the best thing to recover and to be at your top level come practice or game time.”

Aww but then WITH happened in the first game?

2014 World Cup: Don

The Scandal in Recife

Some people in Recife seem to be a bit annoyed at the team. Our guys are staying at the Golden Tulip Hotel on the beach. This is great! Fresh sea breezes. But they wanted extra security and to have part of the very busy beach cordoned off in front of the hotel.

Recife police told our staff NO. This is OK, but it seems to me that Brazilians there are taking it as an insult. They said we got a lot of security already, and it seems like we were going overboard... I'm hoping they understand that there are a lot of people who may want to hurt us because of the foreign policy the government has had. The team is blameless.

Exciting facts about the beach...It is famous for "sex tourism." Ha ha ha. It is also one of the most frequented beaches and one of the iconic landmarks in Recife. This is based on my bit of Portuguese.

Seleção dos EUA tenta interditar Praia de Boa Viagem, em Recife - Jornal O Globo
Por segurana, EUA cogitaram fechar praia do Recife | Local: Diario de Pernambuco
Golden Tulip Recife Palace | 4 Star Hotel in Recife

The Lowdown on Recife

The team must be dying to go out to the beach. In addition to pretty women in thongs, there is apparently good fishing off the coast. Maybe after the FWC is over. But actually for me this beach is too built up and crowded...

Praia de Boa Viagem, Recife-PE. | elisaborba

Per Accuweather, during the game on Thursday:
Temp: 84, will feel like 92 with humidity.
there may be some showers.

Arena Pernambuco

This is the stadium. It has its own graphics and flash (I HATE flash) website. Visit if you have enough bandwidth: Itaipava Arena Pernambuco
The stadium can hold more than 40K spectators. Solar panels were added to the stadium. The idea is for the panels to be used to provide some of the electricity used by the surrounding area after the FWC.
Venue Guide - Arena Pernambuco, Recife, 2014 World Cup stadium Brazil - ESPN FC

Again best of luck to the team in beating the Germans. Sadly the Porgugal Ghana game is at the EXACT SAME TIME tomorrow. The USA team be in my prayers tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,533,279 times
Cool info! You rock, kink! You ready for tomorrow? I believe!

Old 06-25-2014, 10:26 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,702,136 times
'Mal verliert man und mal gewinnen die anderen'

I 'd like to be hearing Herrs Low and Schweinsteiger and Klose and Lahm mumbling this tomorrow after the game....;-)...

'Sometimes you lose, sometimes the others win'..........and they won't be a very happy bunch.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:24 AM

29,124 posts, read 22,019,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Not a bad team, it suffered against a Ghana which had much more possession but which created little.
Now, US stands no chances against Germany, whereas Portugal must go back to its days of glory.
If US plays wisely they could make it through but it all depends upon Portugal*

* Giving for sure that Germany will massacre US and Ghana too.
Well - Harrier wouldn't call Ghana tying Germany a massacre - and it was an impressive performance by the Black Stars.

USA and Germany is still to come.

The Americans hung with Portugal(4th best national team in the world) and have previously beaten the Krauts.

Harrier will watch every minute of the game - and it will definitely be interesting.

Go USA!!!

Last edited by Harrier; 06-26-2014 at 01:37 AM..

Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Did you all love the post from yesterday? LOL Well Kinkytoes enjoyed it.

The Team's Food

One of my early worries was about what the team was eating in Brazil. It turns out there are a chef and dietician that travel with the team. They feed them a LOT, I believe ~ 4000 calories a day and make sure they do not eat food that may make them sick. That's a relief!

The "food staff" consist of Dietician Danielle Lafata and Chef Bryson Billapando. I'm sure there are more people on the staff to prepare food etc...but Danielle even personally blends up smoothies for our boys. The team's favorite foods include rice and beans and avocados. I'm not a fan of beans, but I love Caribbean peas and rice, and avocados. No wonder they have such nice skin.

Coach Juergen is also very involved in the menu selected for the team. Not every team has a personal chef. It appears England did not...and look where they ended up. About the food, Kyle says:
“I think Jurgen’s really taken the U.S. national team in terms of all of those things to another level. You just really trust in what you’re eating. You know that whatever you’re eating, it’s giving you the best thing to recover and to be at your top level come practice or game time.”

Aww but then WITH happened in the first game?

2014 World Cup: Don

The Scandal in Recife

Some people in Recife seem to be a bit annoyed at the team. Our guys are staying at the Golden Tulip Hotel on the beach. This is great! Fresh sea breezes. But they wanted extra security and to have part of the very busy beach cordoned off in front of the hotel.

Recife police told our staff NO. This is OK, but it seems to me that Brazilians there are taking it as an insult. They said we got a lot of security already, and it seems like we were going overboard... I'm hoping they understand that there are a lot of people who may want to hurt us because of the foreign policy the government has had. The team is blameless.

Exciting facts about the beach...It is famous for "sex tourism." Ha ha ha. It is also one of the most frequented beaches and one of the iconic landmarks in Recife. This is based on my bit of Portuguese.

Seleção dos EUA tenta interditar Praia de Boa Viagem, em Recife - Jornal O Globo
Por segurana, EUA cogitaram fechar praia do Recife | Local: Diario de Pernambuco
Golden Tulip Recife Palace | 4 Star Hotel in Recife

The Lowdown on Recife

The team must be dying to go out to the beach. In addition to pretty women in thongs, there is apparently good fishing off the coast. Maybe after the FWC is over. But actually for me this beach is too built up and crowded...

Praia de Boa Viagem, Recife-PE. | elisaborba

Per Accuweather, during the game on Thursday:
Temp: 84, will feel like 92 with humidity.
there may be some showers.

Arena Pernambuco

This is the stadium. It has its own graphics and flash (I HATE flash) website. Visit if you have enough bandwidth: Itaipava Arena Pernambuco
The stadium can hold more than 40K spectators. Solar panels were added to the stadium. The idea is for the panels to be used to provide some of the electricity used by the surrounding area after the FWC.
Venue Guide - Arena Pernambuco, Recife, 2014 World Cup stadium Brazil - ESPN FC

Again best of luck to the team in beating the Germans. Sadly the Porgugal Ghana game is at the EXACT SAME TIME tomorrow. The USA team be in my prayers tonight.
Lets just win or tie the game - preferably win!

Old 06-26-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
For sure and he 'knows' the German team so the US team will be prepared. Kind of ironic that the Cup has scripted this way for the US. But hey as JK said we had 'tough' travel and a 'tough draw'. 'Vee have to do it the 'tough way!'.....;-)...
Nothing worthwhile is easy folks! Good luck USA!...;-)....
Coach Klinsmann is OK in Harrier's book because he lives in America and knows that Americans don't do anything easy.

Harrier was skeptical at first about Coach Klinsmann recruiting dual German and U.S. citizens for the team(Johnson, Jones. Brooks, etc...) but they are playing magnificent!

Harrier is still upset at Landon Donovan being left off the team, and stung by the ignomity of Donovan having to lose to the Carolina RailHawks yesterday, but that is just how things are.

Donovan is a great player, and the U.S. team is great with or without him or Jozy Altidore, and Harrier is confident that they can perform well tomorrow and advance!

Go USA!

Old 06-26-2014, 05:58 AM

900 posts, read 2,046,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Portugal goal came with 25 seconds left. I was watching the clock with one eye, and when the ball was crossed by CR7, the clock was at 94:33. Two seconds later, it was in the net.

I also thought that the USA did a much better job of controlling the ball for most of the game, but with just a few minutes left, they seemed to go flat. Oh, well!

The calculator also shows that the USA can advance even if they lose to Germany by only 1 goal unless Portugal can score more than 3 goals above Ghana's total, or Ghana can score more than 1 goal more than Portugal. There are many scenarios that are possible, but Portugal beating Ghana seems the best bet for the USA. That calculator a few posts back is great! Thanks Ghengis!
Thank you.

Yeah they did go flat and Portugal did too, it was only when the US started making big mistakes, easily turning over the ball and allowed within scoring range that Portugal perked up realizing they could possibly score, which they did.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:19 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,417,195 times
USA lineup is out. Same formation as against Portugal, but Klinsmann swapped Bedoya out for Brad Davis and Cameron out for Gonzalez. Cam made some mistakes against Portugal, but Gonzo looked tentative in his last friendly...I'm nervous.

Brad Davis, he was a surprise to me to make the team. He has a great left foot, but is much slower than Bedoya and Bedoya has a great work rate. I'm nervous.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,863,598 times
Seen the locals getting liquored up at the pubs that opened early already. 'Murica, Hell Yeah!

Old 06-26-2014, 09:57 AM

14,253 posts, read 15,324,963 times
GO USA

That is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or