U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 PM

18,637 posts, read 27,042,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Of course he would, hes the guy that has battled the last few years. His battling the last WC was fantastic. He is better than Jozy and Wando.
Still think we missed Jozy not only for this game but this entire tournament.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:52 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,534,996 times
Had Jozy been in this match, it would've gone a bit differently.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,460,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Had Jozy been in this match, it would've gone a bit differently.
I agree. The offense would have been much better.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:03 PM

7,550 posts, read 16,383,531 times
Why do people think he is good ? The only teams he played for in a competitive league he scored 2 goals in 58 games. In his last 30 games with Sunderland he scored 1 goal. His last good year for USA was 2013. The guy is next to worthless.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:14 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,417,195 times
Quote:
Why do people think he is good ? The only teams he played for in a competitive league he scored 2 goals in 58 games. In his last 30 games with Sunderland he scored 1 goal. His last good year for USA was 2013. The guy is next to worthless.
I'm not going to totally defend Jozy, but I don't think his game is suited for Sunderland. From what i have seen, Jozy's game is hold up play up front, possession, or getting service in the box. He can use his strong body to position himself for decent service. Sunderland has no service, so he ends up being nothing more than a hold up player. When getting decent service Jozy scores, that's why I think he has done better with the USMNT.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:32 PM

6,473 posts, read 13,943,434 times
It seems our goalie Tim has been getting a lot of positive attention. Well deserved, I'd say. As we all know, Tim plays for the Everton Club in England. But what Kinkytoes did not know is that the fine lads in the club did a se*y calendar for charity. It is apparently the first such calendar ever to be created by a Premier League club.

The calendar is called 12 Shades of Blue named loosely after the racy book 15 Shades of Gray. It features all of the lovely men in the club in various stages of undress, including our own beloved Tim Howard. (covered in tats...but such is life)

According to the club's website, the calendar sales raised funds for the club charity, Everton in the Community. You can read the description on the club's own website here:
Everton Reveal 12 Shades Of Blue / Latest News / News / evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

It appears the calendars are out of stock! But if you really want one...maybe they'll do a new version...

Old 07-03-2014, 08:36 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,702,624 times
Quote:
I dont think he plays to our strenghts, I thought we played better last WC.
We where totally outclassed. Here he is a big name to me and that is it. He
sucked as German and Munich manager and he is the same here. I think he is
better suited towards youth development than manager.
Well you know Klinsmann and the team relate to each other like the 'head' and the 'hammer' respectively. He prepares and they execute. I think every manager has to work with what he's got as far as talent. In hindsight, I think he did right with the rah-rah stuff. Why? Because it had to mask some glaringly obvious weaknesses in the US team. In my opinion we will never ever win a World Cup or do better in the stages if a majority of the guys on the team cannot hold the ball and DO MORE WITH IT than simply kicking off the line WHEN UNDER PRESSURE. Frankly, other teams can figure us out oh so simply. We lost oh so close. But perhaps if we held possession for 10 mins more in all games well......You gotta have the ball to score!

Klinsmann to me was brave to take this job but on the other hand he didn't have much to lose. He could tinker. But I'd think US soccer management is pleased so far with what he's done with the talent. Other teams had better talent and they were run out early. But now it's what are you going to do for us tomorrow? I think the next Cup will either vindicate Klinsmann's 'rule' or not. He's got another 4 yrs to shape the team.
Just my take.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:06 AM

4,847 posts, read 6,356,456 times
Quote:
He's not a world class talent but Sunderland was utter garbage.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:32 AM

3,682 posts, read 5,845,091 times
John McCain Calls for Invading Belgium - The Daily Currant

Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,417,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Well you know Klinsmann and the team relate to each other like the 'head' and the 'hammer' respectively. He prepares and they execute. I think every manager has to work with what he's got as far as talent. In hindsight, I think he did right with the rah-rah stuff. Why? Because it had to mask some glaringly obvious weaknesses in the US team. In my opinion we will never ever win a World Cup or do better in the stages if a majority of the guys on the team cannot hold the ball and DO MORE WITH IT than simply kicking off the line WHEN UNDER PRESSURE. Frankly, other teams can figure us out oh so simply. We lost oh so close. But perhaps if we held possession for 10 mins more in all games well......You gotta have the ball to score!

Klinsmann to me was brave to take this job but on the other hand he didn't have much to lose. He could tinker. But I'd think US soccer management is pleased so far with what he's done with the talent. Other teams had better talent and they were run out early. But now it's what are you going to do for us tomorrow? I think the next Cup will either vindicate Klinsmann's 'rule' or not. He's got another 4 yrs to shape the team.
Just my take.
I think Klinsmann has a pretty solid base to work from, also. There are a solid core group of players that should be around in 4 years and a few good young ones coming up. The losses shouldn't be too terrible, such as:
Dempsey - I really like him, but his skills are rough, he is more about determination.

Jones-He gives it his all also, like Dempsey, but he frequently has poor first touches or errant passes. One thing he brought was a willingness to shoot from outside the box.

Howard-Our best player, but Guzan is really good...not Howard, but a really good keeper

Beasley-All hustle, played out of position. I like how he pushes forward, but I am confident we will find an upgrade in 4 years. There is good young talent in the backfield and midfield
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or