U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 10:24 AM

7,548 posts, read 16,381,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
He's not a world class talent but Sunderland was utter garbage.
They are, but one goal ? Even Emile Heskey can manage more than that, what about Hull ? He scored one for them too. Both are in good leagues which he cannot score in. He banged them in for AZ which is a relatively poor league compared to England. So whats the excuses after that ? Hes just not a good striker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 07:17 AM

6,473 posts, read 13,941,549 times
Kinkytoes hates to respond to trolls, but it seems it might be time to respond to some criticism of the players on team USA. When I see comments like XYZ sucks etc, it makes me think that posters do not have any idea of what it means to work as a sports professional.

I've been programming since I was a kid...I'd say that is my amateur period. LOL As a professional I've been working for over 15 years mostly in a niche language. I'm very good at my job. I have many awards and an MS from a prestigious school. I'm sure there are still people who have no clue who can say "Kinkytoes Sucks" if I have a bad day. done bragging about self.

ALL of the players on our team are among the TOP players in the USA AND in the WORLD. They were selected for the team because of their skill on the field. I'm not going to repeat the MANY honors and awards they've gotten or their record-breaking (aka Jozy and Clint) feats for European clubs...if you need a refresher...please review the synopses at the start of the thread.

Any high performing professional can have a bad day, a bad game or a bad year. For whatever reason. If you think about your own line of work, there may be health, personal or family reasons. Hopefully these are temporary and easily resolved. But you may not perform at 100% of your capacity all of the time. Unless you actually suck, this may just be one of the normal bumps in the road of your professional life. Like everyone else, if my babies hit a bump, they can get back on track.

Professional soccer careers can be very long. Of course keyboard jockeys can say anything they want. Kinkytoes has dissed many celebrities but the USA Soccer team...they're un-dissable. As professionals they also play on a team, like many professionals in real life...so when they're not 100%, the rest of the team can step up and help.

Since many of us get a well-needed rest today, I was hoping just to post something fun and cute like Tim's calendar, but it may be a good time to see some highlights of Jozy and MB's illustrious careers THUS FAR. This should help get the bitter taste of the loss out of our mouths and get at least me pumped up for our comeback in the USSR.

Jozy Altidore Best Football 2014 All Goals USA / Sunderland - YouTube

Jozy Altidore Goals in Slow Motion - YouTube

Since I'm so emotionally invested in the team now, the video below was hard to watch. *choking up* But even though Joze is only 23 (he's a BABY!), there is a lot for even older pros to learn from this interview. Hopefully it will inspire some of you.

INSIDE: U.S. Soccer's March to Brazil - Jozy Altidore on failure - YouTube

Here are some of MB's skills on the field:

Michael Bradley * Can't be touched | Skills and Goals 2013 - YouTube

Michael Bradley vs. Juventus - YouTube

MB! Don't do this again.

The Time Toronto FC's Michael Bradley Played Through An Injury

So how did these guys beat the others who wanted to be on the team? Did they just suck the most? LOL NO. Were they the cutest? Well YES that's why Kinkytoes would have picked them, but luckily I'm not in charge of the team ha ha ha. No they were the best players. Since many of us do not know much about soccer at an elite level. Let us put trust where it belongs in our players and coach.

I'm going to quote the guy (J D Halloran) below:
...a lot of us (myself included) need to look through our own Twitter timelines before we start writing a revisionist history and lighting the torches—because most of us were wrong about Yedlin, Brooks, Beckerman, Jones, Beasley and Gonzalez. And Klinsmann wasn't.

Criticism of Jurgen Klinsmann Largely Unfair After USMNT World Cup Run | Bleacher Report

And finally...Landon stop trolling in my thread! Let me enjoy the team USA in peace. This is the first year I've seen such a good team from the USA. We also have a good coach. The boys did a SUPERHUMAN job getting us out of our Group of Death while not dying on the pitch.

IN fact one of the trolls who said OOH why can't they play soccer in 90 degrees actually moved to UTAH because 90% in summer was too hot for her. Ha ha ha. I'm going to do some research for fun on this last troll as well. Anyway teamUSA you did a GREAT job this year. Worked HARDER than ANY other team in the group round. See you in your home clubs and hope to see you all in the USSR. Luv you all.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 AM

2,125 posts, read 2,908,868 times
Thanks kinky toes. I agree with you. Some of the comments made us sound like sore losers.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:17 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,702,136 times
Quote:
ALL of the players on our team are among the TOP players in the USA AND in
the WORLD
Absolutely. I am hoping Klinsmann in the next few years will reap success with the talent he has and will get.
Coming up next is the Gold Cup, the Copa America and the Olympic Games in 2016. He did note that next year he will be looking at more at the new guys coming up. He would expect that they would show him 'something. Good luck to him and the team.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Jermaine is in LA. I'm a bit bummed that nobody seems to have stayed in Brazil to have fun. Maybe it was the security situation. The team had military and all other types of crazy security in Brazil. If you read portugese, you can find the information and some pictures online. This was distasteful to the local press since they could not get many photos or interviews with our players.

I'm wondering how the players felt about this. This is a sensitive topic, I guess so the US press seems to be ignoring it. Maybe it is taboo to discuss it...Sorry I'm online I'll just be taboo. IMO it is a shame. Are all our athletes like this when they travel? Maybe they can do something more high tech next time so it is not as obvious that there is security...

The news today is about Jermaine. There are rumors that he may be coming to play for the MLS in the USA. According to the article below possibly for Chivas or LA Galaxy. Apparently clubs in the MLS cannot just pay millions for the players like they do in England and Spain. ha ha ha. Just laughing thinking about how RM just paid a fortune for Bale makes me laff.

Reading about how complicated the pay scheme is for MLS it sounds like they need to change this. It sounds stupid and made my head hurt. Just pay what you want to for a player. Isn't this a capitalist country? But whatever, Kinkytoes is in charge of nothing, so I'm sure whatever dimwit came up with this system is probably a multi-milllionaire. Back to Jermaine.

Oppa and his family seem to have had a good time eating barbecue and stuff for the 4th of July. According to his a$$tagram. Jermaine has owned a house in LA for the past 3 or 4 years, and he says he enjoys living in the States more than Germany, where he also has a house. Of course this would not be Kinkytoes if I didn't delve unnecessarily into Jermaine's personal life.

First his WAG. Jermaine's wife Sarah Gerth was Miss Germany 2005. But she's not just a beauty queen, she has popped out FIVE kids. I'm sure that was tough, so I respect her. According to her instagram, she does let the kids eat meat, but she's a vegetarian. She also works out a quite a bit and seems to take care of her figure. She's not really my style, but footballers...

WEDDING PICTURE!? Seem to be in love...

Jermaine's hair looks better short IMO.

Sarah takes care of her body and it shows!

Reblog - Vor 1 Jahr with 4 Anmerkungen
#sarah jones #wag #jermaine jones #frau von jermaine jones

Dad, Frau and babies.

Projecting the best fit for Jermaine Jones in MLS - SBNation.com
Stoppage Time: Jermaine Jones living the American dream - Goal.com
Be

*wipes forehead sweat* Well that's enough delving.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:51 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,416,596 times
Maybe Galaxy sell Gonzalez and bring in Jones...I wouldn't go to Chivas, what a mess.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Maybe Galaxy sell Gonzalez and bring in Jones...I wouldn't go to Chivas, what a mess.
Why is it a mess? Do tell.

Speaking of possible moves, it looks like our own tiny dynamo Deandre Yedlin aka "Yedlinny" may be signing with a European club. Of course this is just irresponsible conjecture on my part, but I'm joining the rumor mill. Hopefully we'll hear soon what is really going on.

About the move, Deandre has reportedly said that for now he is focused on his current club--the Seattle Sounders--and winning the MLS cup. His agent is handling the alleged "love calls."

Sounders' DeAndre Yedlin talks about possible transfer to Europe | Seattle Sounders | The Bellingham Herald

Old 07-08-2014, 08:41 AM

7,548 posts, read 16,381,882 times
Im not trolling, I just think people need to be realistic of their views of the team. Altidore is extremely overrated. At club level hes played 183 game and scored 58 goals. If hes playing in a top league he does not score. Its a simple fact.

I am excited for the future of US football being a huge MLS fan and seeing some of the younger players come through the ranks is great.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:25 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,654,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Im not trolling, I just think people need to be realistic of their views of the team. Altidore is extremely overrated. At club level hes played 183 game and scored 58 goals. If hes playing in a top league he does not score. Its a simple fact.

I am excited for the future of US football being a huge MLS fan and seeing some of the younger players come through the ranks is great.
I agree. As much enthusiasm as kinkytoes is showing, some of her overwhelming support and shooting down of dissenting opinions is more trolling than those calling out underperforming players.

It was a great WC, but there were players that played well below their potential. I also thought that the squad lacked depth. Michael Ballack called us out on that in the Belgium game. When someone would get injured, the replacements just weren't up to snuff.

Unfortunately, we just can't compete on the international level yet. In other countries, if you show any sports skill, you're directed to soccer. In the US, if you show skill, you're directed into "bigger" sports like basketball or football, because there's more prestige and money in those sports.

Until soccer acheives the same level of commitment from fans as other nations, we'll never win a WC.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:44 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,416,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Why is it a mess? Do tell.
Bad business management, a focus on Mexican players above all others, turning off the general populace through their pro-Mexican marketing...has all lead to the worst attendance at any MLS club. The league has now taken over the team due to the horrible business model. Galaxy are a clear #1 team in LA, the future is cloudy for Chivas USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or