U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Status: "Love, Goodness, and Kindness Will Prevail . . ." (set 8 days ago)

2,750 posts, read 3,279,025 times

Advertisements

I expect for one of the Usual Suspects (e.g., Brasíl, Spain, Germany, etc.) to win this World Cup. However, without a shread of doubt, I will be cheering for the US of A whenever they take to the field!

GOOOOO USA! GOOOOO!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 08:05 PM

6,473 posts, read 13,980,768 times
I'm hoping to see the Germans melt like hot wax LOL in the Amazon...but I guess they could win. I just can't see it. Brazil's team is not that good this year I've heard. Neymar is on fire. I just don't like him very much... The only player I like effed up royally today. PPl kept saying that the natl team this year was not so great.

Spain...oooh that's good. Spain might win. Other than CR7 and Marcelito, I only know Iker and Pique. Iker just had a baby with Sara Carbonero. And Pique just had a baby with Shakira. I like both of these girls . Sara's morena and Shakira is a great singer...so I just kind of like the team. They're also great players and used to hot weather I'd guess.

But humidity and disease-carrying mosquitos? The new world over here has some really special weather. Europeans are not used to it. I'm just waiting for ppl to get sick and stuff. The amazon is going to be a fun place to watch ppl play. Its like footy fear factor. Maybe I'm a drama queen...

Old 06-12-2014, 09:02 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,887,721 times
IMHO

USA 0-3 GER
USA 0-2 POR
USA 1-2 GHA

Jurgen will be blamed for bad performance, and for not taking Donovan, and will probably get fired. just my predictions

Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,887,721 times
IMHO

USA 0-3 GER
USA 0-2 POR
USA 1-2 GHA

Jurgen Klinsmann will be blamed for bad performance, and for not taking Donovan, and will probably get fired. just my predictions

Old 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,566,423 times
Kinkytoes, Sara Carbonero is not "morena".

Old 06-14-2014, 07:36 PM

Hi Radiolibre...tomato tomahto. Speaking of which, poor Iker! It was hard to watch his face during the game with the Netherlands. I'm praying for the USMT to beat Ghana...I'm both scared and excited for the first game!

As the now 4-5 (ha ha ha) people reading this thread may know, the USA team selected a hotel in Sao Paulo...which turns out to be ~3 hours by air away from all of their group games. It seems they tell you what stadium you will play in AFTER you pick the hotel. They decided to get to the location for each game a few days early. The first game is in Natal (Brazilian pronunciation NaTAO). The team flew there on the 13th.

São Paulo

The city is having a big outbreak of Dengue fever now. There are also protests against the WC and I believe a transportation strike. Sao Paulo is having cool and rainy weather now according to Accuweather. There are thunderstorms with temps ranging from the 50s - 60s farenheit. Brr. Hope the babies brought umbrellas and long underwear! And bug spray!

Natal

According to the Brazilian institute of Geography and Statistics, Natal is the state capital of Rio Grande Do Norte. The city has fewer than a million residents. Accuweather says that for the next few days, Natal will have temps in the 80s Fahrenheit with occasional showers. It may feel more like 90 degrees Fahrenheit on Monday. But thank God there are showers that are forecast throughout the day. Hopefully these will cool the guys off without making it too dangerous on the field.

Estadio Das Dunas

On Monday, our team plays Ghana here. The stadium reminds me of one of those bugs that roll up in the dirt. Pill bugs? According to fifa.com, the stadium is named for the sand dunes for which Natal is famous. The stadium looks cool, but if that is the best artistic representation of a sand dune...the field of architecture is definitely experiencing a decline. Estadio Das Dunas can fit approx. 40,000 fans.

I've including a photo of the sand dunes that are famous in Natal. I've never seen anything like these. It may be fun to take a trip there.

IBGE | Cidades | Infográficos | Rio Grande do Norte | Natal | Dados Gerais

Estadio das Dunas: the stadiums for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - FIFA.com

Nice Sand Dunes

More Nice Dunes?

Sorry :S Some guys may have just thrown up in their mouths. Hulk's pompis are famous. I'll try to control myself next time.

The USMT has already arrived in Natal...and Fab has on his game face. Kyle seems to be hugging his pillow and MB and Timmy just look tired. Hmmm...I'm really liking Fabian. Destroy Ghana, guys. USA USA USA (besitos)!

Old 06-14-2014, 09:58 PM

KTs interrupts this thread to bring you important corrections:

Bundesliga - does not mean People's league. LOL that would be Volkesliga. It apparently means something like Federation league. All I know how to say in German is "eine augenblick" and "ich liber dich." So pardon me. I think "ich liber dich" will come in handy if I ever meet Fabian. Because well... Ich LIBER Dich.

MB? - Whoops the behatted guy in the pic is BRAD. I think he's using the hat to hold his ears down. ha ha ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
IMHO

USA 0-3 GER
USA 0-2 POR
USA 1-2 GHA

Jurgen will be blamed for bad performance, and for not taking Donovan, and will probably get fired. just my predictions
Congrats on the win over Cameroon. So far the cup has had a few surprises. I'm liking it. Let us see what the final scores will be. I'm actually only afraid of Ghana...and I'm hoping Milk Shayk has sucked all the energy out of CR7 because I'm not afraid of the rest of Portugal.

CR7 is amazing. He is in great shape...but he is old. Our players are younger. Well except for Ghana, I think. Plus we have a good mix of guys as you can tell from the thread. We will see how they do on the field.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:44 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,566,423 times
With all the stunning surprises I'm betting the US will beat Ghana and Portugal. I don't think they'll beat Germany though.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:48 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,465,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
KTs interrupts this thread to bring you important corrections:

Bundesliga - does not mean People's league. LOL that would be Volkesliga. It apparently means something like Federation league. All I know how to say in German is "eine augenblick" and "ich liber dich." So pardon me. I think "ich liber dich" will come in handy if I ever meet Fabian. Because well... Ich LIBER Dich.

MB? - Whoops the behatted guy in the pic is BRAD. I think he's using the hat to hold his ears down. ha ha ha.

Congrats on the win over Cameroon. So far the cup has had a few surprises. I'm liking it. Let us see what the final scores will be. I'm actually only afraid of Ghana...and I'm hoping Milk Shayk has sucked all the energy out of CR7 because I'm not afraid of the rest of Portugal.

CR7 is amazing. He is in great shape...but he is old. Our players are younger. Well except for Ghana, I think. Plus we have a good mix of guys as you can tell from the thread. We will see how they do on the field.
I guess you want to say "Ich Liebe dich"
By the way, I haven't followed US team in this WC but I don't see it going through such a difficult group stage: Germany and Portugal are just too superiour.
Yet, I admit that US have improved A LOT in the last years.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:36 AM

546 posts, read 417,977 times
Thanks for the great info Kinky! I'll feel much closer to the team as I watch, (but not in THAT way; I'm hetero!). I DO wish they were hold-up in the north somewhere, rather than in cool Sao Paulo. I took great note of what happened last night in the English/Italy game. Both teams were totally exhausted in the 2nd half, but the more northern English seemed worse off. They had a lot of chances to boot home some winners, but they couldn't do it! I don't think that I've ever seen so many errant kicks by so many players! Hopefully the youth and energy of our team will power us ahead in the heat and humidity.

I'm looking forward to Monday's game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or