Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:43 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times

Advertisements

Well that was an exciting game! The refs were on our side today and so was God. The Juju got us a little with all of the cramps and injuries, but I'm SO happy our team pulled through.

In my opinion Ghana played very well today. Our guys were SO HURT. Jozy and Bedbug (see below, I'm giving nicknames) were obviously cramped up...but a lot of the guys seemed to have problems with cramping. I'm not sure if this was because of the hydration or because of the flight. I'm hoping the medical team is on the ball so this does not happen during the next game.

CLINTTTT!! I want to hug him SO HARD. He totally stepped up to the plate! The bar was on fire with the first goal! The game would have been so stressful if he had not made that. And I'm GLAD he looked PISSED after they broke (?) his nose. He said "WUT WUTTT? CLINT don't need no NOSE to play!" He was hurt, but like a true leader, he went back out there to show them HOW IT IS DONE! Texas style, bishes! So much respect.

Along with Papa Bear Jermaine, Clint held the team together and I think gave the babies a lot of courage. Damarcus also played his heart out. The old guys really LED our team today. I'm also happy that Clint gave thanks to the Almighty! God is GOOD! LOL I'm really sorry to bring God into a sport, but maybe he is watching, too? Our team has so much heart they DESERVE to WIN.

Dracula was also beating A$$ on the field, even though I could tell he was not 100%. Fab also did a great job, but he looked a little hurt, too. The Ghanaian footwork was great, but we made the extra effort when it COUNTED. GOOOOOLL LUV OUR TEAM!

TIM HOWARD saved SO MANY GOALS. If the guys had been in better shape, I'm hoping they would not have made life so hard for Tim. F***K he was like SUPERMAN. HANDSOME, SWEET and he's like SUPER GOAL KEEPER!

There were so many things to be happy about tonight. So many moments of nail biting. FEAR when Jozy got sent off and when CLINT was BLEEDING from nose. FEAR when they went after JERMAINE. I feel like they may have hurt him, but he still played and led the babies like a CHAMP. EXCITEMENT when we SCORED our GOALS and had SO MANY SAVES and kept GHANA in CHECK.

Laughter when they showed the pix of the Ghanaian witch doctor in the crowd. LOL Hmmmm The best you can do is a few cramps? Ha haha take THAT, Ghana! HAPPINESS when I saw the refs were on OUR side FOR A CHANGE. Ghana spent so much energy DIVING and FAKING....they only started really concentrating on the 2nd half. And at the START of the game, the Ghanaian players looked SO COCKY and our babies looked SO NERVOUS. Well take THAT! The US Team this year will make all of you CRY.

So many thanks and so much love to our team tonight. For me, it has been a whole two days since I've had that much fun. And probably a decade since I've been this excited for any reason! Nicknames for our WARRIORS today. Not everyone, just the ones who stood out for me in today's game.

Jermaine Jones - Papa Bear
Clint Dempsey - Fearless Leader
Jozy Altidore - Cramptastic (hee hee hee)
John Brooks - Super Baby
Tim Howard - Superman
Geoff Cameron - Dracula
Alejandro Bedoya - Bedbug

Lotsa love to everyone...I'm off to get dinner.

Last edited by kinkytoes; 06-16-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 07:52 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,702,783 times
So happy the US prevailed!

Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 PM

546 posts, read 547,155 times
After watching Portugal get swamped by Germany, I think that USA can take them. The Portuguese weren't playing team ball at all. They looked like a pick up team that is trying to find its identity. I also wonder that they all have orders from the coach to keep pushing the ball to Ronaldo. He just didn't get it done! I'm glad that they have 6 days until the next match! Maybe if Josey's hamstring is not torn, he can recover by then. Sunday is the day! Beat Portugal!

Old 06-16-2014, 09:59 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
I have a feeling Portugal are gonna thump the States - wounded animal and all that.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:36 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
'Murica, Hell Yeah!!!

Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I'm also happy that Clint gave thanks to the Almighty! God is GOOD! LOL I'm really sorry to bring God into a sport, but maybe he is watching, too? .
Ghana has their witch doctor and we have God!

In God We Trust.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
After watching Portugal get swamped by Germany, I think that USA can take them. The Portuguese weren't playing team ball at all. They looked like a pick up team that is trying to find its identity. I also wonder that they all have orders from the coach to keep pushing the ball to Ronaldo. He just didn't get it done! I'm glad that they have 6 days until the next match! Maybe if Josey's hamstring is not torn, he can recover by then. Sunday is the day! Beat Portugal!
We did it in the 02 WC.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:37 AM

490 posts, read 682,203 times
Just wanted to say well done to USA for their win last night.

They got the perfect start and then spent the next 80 mins hanging on ever more desperately until the inevitable happened. Ghana's finishing was horrendous all evening but they finally remembered where the goal is.

I was really pleased to see USA get their unlikely winner though. Great finish to the game.

And that win along with Portugal getting hammered by Germany means the 2nd place in the group is up for grabs now.

Be warned though, USA will need to up their game against Portugal, especially defensively. I can't see them being that poor again, Portugal are a far better team than they showed against Germany.

Good luck USA, I hope they qualify for the knockout phase.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:41 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,143,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The US will win against Portugal and Germany will beat Ghana eliminating the Black Stars.

I highly doubt the US will beat Germany. The best we can hope for is that they tie.

The US played well but michael bradley was crap and that new kid that took over for Altidore totally sucked. He was slow and missed some good chances that Alitidore would've easily made it in the net.

So far, I think we needed Donovan. Bad move Klinnsman!
I turned on the game at the 23rd minute and boy did the US looked shaky. Sloppy turnovers , inability to maintain possession of ball, Ghana's defenders easily outrunning past US offensive players when US tried to play the long ball in an attempt to run the counter attack. Clearly the guy who replaced Altidore was basically invisible most of the game. I was thinking while watching Jozy's replacement and how ineffectual he seemed that leaving Landon Donovan off the team was gonna bite Klinsmann in the rear. Klinsmann was extremely lucky in pulling off a win. They need to be extremely lucky to get out of this group if their play resembles what was played today. Ghana was having target practice at goal at will most of the game I was thinking eventually they gonna score if this keeps up which Ghana eventually did. The one positive is the US made the most of its chances when they were given them as opposed to Ghana. Lets not start having orgasmic celebrations yet until we see how they do against Portugal which will pretty much predict who has the best chance of getting out of this group. If Portugal shows up as the Portugal everybody expects and the US just allows the opposing team just to relentlessly take shot after shot on goal all game as Ghana did combined with the United States basically non existent counter attack they will be looking at least a 2 goal loss to Portugal and will need Germany to collapse to have a chance to advance out of Group stage. I won't be disappointed if they lose the next 2 games because they was never expected of having a good chance of getting out of this group of death but just don't look sloppy like a bunch of guys just assembled off the street. If the US looks like they belong and capable of challenging these teams I will be proud of them.

Last edited by Coseau; 06-17-2014 at 07:36 AM..

Old 06-17-2014, 08:04 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
Be warned though, USA will need to up their game against Portugal, especially defensively. I can't see them being that poor again, Portugal are a far better team than they showed against Germany.

Agreed on that! The US played tough last night and it surely boosted their confidence. With that win it looks as if Klnsmann has really developed the US side to be prepared for the battles. I'm sure though after he looked at the game afterward he would like the team to hold and work that ball and bit more. From the looks of it he's given them mental toughness.

Portugal and Germany of course will be tough. But the US, in another competitions, did pull out wins against football powerhouses like Brazil and Spain for example. It will be tough to win now in the WC but the possibility is always there. It can be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer