U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 03:06 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,993,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It;s funny that they assume a gay men will stare at their junk. They are flattering themselves. To all straight men: gay guys don't find all of you attractive.
How do you know? I have never gotten a clear answer from gay men about this. As a straight guy ... I would totally stare at gay naked woman taking a shower right next to me

I don't know why it is so hard to install private showers.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:32 PM

16,411 posts, read 26,220,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It;s funny that they assume a gay men will stare at their junk. They are flattering themselves. To all straight men: gay guys don't find all of you attractive.
Then why don't men and women share a bathroom locker room? Most guys don't want to see majority of those women either.

It's a poor argument here.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 8,633,770 times
Reminds me of high school. One of the kids in the showers after practice popped wood, everyone from that point gave him **** and thought he was gay. Several years later in college that kid was having the last laugh as he was pulling high profile tail at every party he was at.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:34 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,159,607 times
His team is a bunch of homophobes.

I'm gay, and I go to the gym with a group of my straight friends nearly every day. We shower before we leave (and it's an open group shower), and it's never once been an issue.

Oh, and if you want to identify a closeted gay man in a locker room shower, he's the one going to great lengths to avoid looking at any of the naked men. He doesn't want to draw any suspicion out of fear of being found out.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:25 PM

6,473 posts, read 13,943,434 times
This makes sense to me. I've been hit on by lesbians, and it was very uncomfortable. Just like being hit on by a guy I find unattractive. Before I got married, I lived in a gay neighborhood and was a member of the gym. My boyfriend at the time was hit on all the time and it was really hard for him. After he was kind of sexually harassed, he refused to go to the same gym.

I'm also a reader of a site called data lounge. It is a site for mainy gay men. I've learned too much from that site, and also from my old gay hood. One of their big fantasies seems to be straight jocks. I can't imagine a gay athlete would not be attracted to the other guys in the showers and stuff. Men are like that.

Hammertime I respect your experience, but hmm I'm skeptical. In my old gym the big joke is that there was a REASON the hot tub had been taken out of the men's locker room. I'm too innocent to know what the reason was, but even some straight people think of the gym as a place to pick people up...

Old 09-14-2014, 12:47 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,159,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
This makes sense to me. I've been hit on by lesbians, and it was very uncomfortable. Just like being hit on by a guy I find unattractive. Before I got married, I lived in a gay neighborhood and was a member of the gym. My boyfriend at the time was hit on all the time and it was really hard for him. After he was kind of sexually harassed, he refused to go to the same gym.

I'm also a reader of a site called data lounge. It is a site for mainy gay men. I've learned too much from that site, and also from my old gay hood. One of their big fantasies seems to be straight jocks. I can't imagine a gay athlete would not be attracted to the other guys in the showers and stuff. Men are like that.

Hammertime I respect your experience, but hmm I'm skeptical. In my old gym the big joke is that there was a REASON the hot tub had been taken out of the men's locker room. I'm too innocent to know what the reason was, but even some straight people think of the gym as a place to pick people up...
You're describing a very different situation than what I was talking about (and what this thread is about). There's a big difference between a typical gym in a typical neighborhood where there might be a gay guy or two, and a gay gym in a gay neighborhood where nearly every guy in there is gay.

Gay people are a small minority and a minority that has been discriminated against in this county, so by-in-large gay people tend to congregate in a neighborhood and go to places where they're the majority and can feel comfortable. These places become where gay people can meet, and socialize, and flirt, and pick up phone numbers and dates - you know, do the things straight people can do anywhere but because of there status as a discriminated against minority gay people can't do in most places.

A gay guy in a gay neighborhood at his local gay gym is going to check out other guys, flirt with other guys, and get other guys phone numbers. That's why the gay gym exists. If you're a straight guy going to gym where 90% of the people there are gay, you should expect that - and if it bothers you (like it did your boyfriend), you shouldn't go to a gay gym. A gay guy at his university gym or his suburban 24 hour fitness is not going to try to check out and pick up other guys - he's going there to exercise. He's not showering to check out and pick up guys - he's showing to get clean before he goes home or to work.

Same with a soccer team. If a gay man happens to be on a professional or university soccer team, he's not checking you out and trying to pick you up in the shower. He's just taking a shower to get clean. But if he's on the gay soccer team - and there are plenty of gay soccer leagues in the US - yeah, he might be checking the other gay guys out and flirting with them.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:13 AM

2,891 posts, read 3,285,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Even my gym has shower stalls. I personally am not a fan of walking around publicly nude , although some guys seem to relish in it at the gym...shaving nude, brushing teeth nude, etc. Not a fan.
same here I don't shower with anyone nude doesn't matter who they are.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:00 AM

750 posts, read 919,565 times
Privacy is not a matter of sex orientation. Taking a shower in a open space is so darn uncomfortable regardless.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:12 AM

7,549 posts, read 16,383,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Privacy is not a matter of sex orientation. Taking a shower in a open space is so darn uncomfortable regardless.
I agree, we had group showers in school. Lucky for me P.E. class was the last one before lunch so I went home to shower. No way you'd get me group showering with a bunch of dudes and a teacher walking around.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:06 PM

2,755 posts, read 1,947,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Indeed. Some players are closeted, so what's the difference between that and having an openly gay man in the showers? Some straight men are just homophobic, and they want to justify their homophobia. Homophobia is a form of discrimination, no matter what spin they try to put on it.
For every 35 guys in a locker-room at least 1 will be gay even though most often in the closet. Also every guy in the locker-room gay or straight will take notice as to who is the most endowed in an envious way.

Last edited by jazzy jeff; 09-16-2014 at 04:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or