U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 12:29 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,546,557 times

Advertisements

I have to say that the reason for the good games in this Cup is because there is more than one group of death in this tournament. The real group of death in my opinion is group B; Spain, Holland, Chile and Australia. These teams really fought to the death. Then there's Italy, Uruguay, England and Costa Rica. Wow , that's shaping up to be really good. Not to mention that Croatia is back and will try to beat Mexico! That game will be a grudge match.

Australia can go home with its head up high. They played TOTAL football. They were passionate for their country.

What is up with England? The first game they showed huge potential. I thought they finally are getting it with a more creative attacking style but then they blew it by repeating the same old tired English style that's outdated with Uruguay. Now it's all up to Italy to save them.

Ghana vs Germany? Wow. Can't wait for that one . Might be more exciting than USA vs Portugal.

Point is, most of the teams have learned to match each other. I think we are at a transition point where teams are getting it and are becoming somewhat equally matched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 12:37 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,997,313 times
Yeah; I remember thinking the group draw was weird when it first came out, but it's led to some really great matchups

Old 06-20-2014, 01:41 PM

2,009 posts, read 2,146,334 times
Australia isn't good enough to be part of a group of death (unless everyone else in the group sucks too).

Germany is going to roll over Ghana. Bad. Ghana vs Portugal will be a good match, IMO.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:27 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,546,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Australia isn't good enough to be part of a group of death (unless everyone else in the group sucks too).

Germany is going to roll over Ghana. Bad. Ghana vs Portugal will be a good match, IMO.
I don't think so. I think Ghana took USA too lightly and were caught with their pants down. They might regroup and go total on Germany and then Portugal to move to the next round.

Also, Australia played their guys out! They can go with their heads held high, unlike England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer