Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:49 PM

248 posts, read 310,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
All of the hype and anticipation around the US team has gotten outta control. I'm hoping that us not making it out of the group of death might deter soccer's growth in the US. Its popularity soared last cup because the US advanced but this year its 50-50. We played so well that I hope an upcoming loss might not dissuade people to think that we suck DVD therefore should just stick to our own sports.

Your thoughts? Would a loss strengthen or deter US soccer
Wait...first you say the support for the U.S is out of control. Then you say that the support is 50-50. Why should anyone respond to your stupid post with anything other than this: You're an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 12:08 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
I haven't seen any hype and anticipation for the U.S. team in the World Cup. On the other hand, Mexico supporters got way out of control when they won their last game, and the police are gearing up for the fallout from the next game. The only people I know who are actual soccer fans are rooting for Mexico and Colombia.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:41 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarti View Post
Wait...first you say the support for the U.S is out of control. Then you say that the support is 50-50. Why should anyone respond to your stupid post with anything other than this: You're an idiot.
Not the support, the chances for advancement are 50-50. Stop being an idiot.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
Quote:
Development of good soccer players here is improving quickly, too
I hope so just as I hope many of our younger players are tuning in and watching the US play. Some future strikers saw how elated Jones and brooks and Dempsey were. Perhaps they'll get that feeling too and work hard toward a personal dream either in MLS or the Cup team or internationally.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:05 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,249,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I haven't seen any hype and anticipation for the U.S. team in the World Cup. On the other hand, Mexico supporters got way out of control when they won their last game, and the police are gearing up for the fallout from the next game. The only people I know who are actual soccer fans are rooting for Mexico and Colombia.
Here in Chicago there were tons of people talking about it and did you see pictures from Grant Park? Google Grant Park soccer for images...people seem pretty excited, more than ever.

I may be hanging around with a lot of soccer people, but I seem to be talking about the World Cup all the time lately. Our company is having its own viewing party in our building, serving lunch up in our gathering area.

I'm thinking I will go to our own party instead of Grant Park, because based on images from the last game I wouldn't be able to see the huge screen for the Grant Park viewing.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
A loss to Germany alone would not have a negative affect for American soccer or the USMNT. OVERALL, as a nation, in all levels, soccer is improving. More kids are participating in soccer than ever before and our very own MLS is improving. Development of good soccer players here is improving quickly, too. Also, many newbie soccer fans are watching the World Cup and getting into it. These newbies will now want to go to an MLS game or encourage their children to try playing in a youth league. It's ALL good.

-Cheers.

im going to say that more parents are or thinking of, moving kids to soccer due to recent blow up via the media on concussions and issues folks face once they get multiple concussions.

not that soccer is 100% proof of such, but it beats the NFL and football, baseball.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:58 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times

Old 06-25-2014, 11:47 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Amazing! Love it! Good pic!

Old 06-25-2014, 11:49 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Amazing! Love it! Good pic!
That is in Chicago

Old 06-25-2014, 12:57 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Polling shows that soccer is equal to popularity among Americans under 20 with football and basketball and more popular than baseball or hockey

The main step needed is for the national sports media to actually cover the MLS, which it refuses to do The league has done a great job adding teams where soccer is popular
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer