U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,179,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I guessed he was, but wasn't completely sure
...he?

I'm talking about Ann Coulter being a "professional troll". That's all she is. She gets paid to push people's buttons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 08:37 AM

9,268 posts, read 5,771,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
...he?

I'm talking about Ann Coulter being a "professional troll". That's all she is. She gets paid to push people's buttons.
I meant she.. woops

There are a few people like that throughout this forum

Old 07-31-2014, 08:16 AM

3,687 posts, read 5,849,377 times
Another conservative bully hurts soccer fans' feelings (actually kinda funny, especially the teeth and jaws): July 27, 2014 - Mallard Fillmore

Old 07-31-2014, 08:40 AM

750 posts, read 920,170 times
The one thing I have to say to these conservative bullies whose idea of good sport is American Football is...

Give a ball to a 2 year old or 80 year old an ask them to throw. Anyone can throw a ball.

Only a few people can a do couple of keepie-uppies when given a ball first time.

When it comes to talent and skills, American football is trash compared to soccer.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:00 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,419,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Another conservative bully hurts soccer fans' feelings (actually kinda funny, especially the teeth and jaws): July 27, 2014 - Mallard Fillmore
I found that kind of funny (not a laugh out loud, but amusing), not sure why it hurts peoples feelings though.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:03 AM

9,268 posts, read 5,771,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
The one thing I have to say to these conservative bullies whose idea of good sport is American Football is...

Give a ball to a 2 year old or 80 year old an ask them to throw. Anyone can throw a ball.

Only a few people can a do couple of keepie-uppies when given a ball first time.

When it comes to talent and skills, American football is trash compared to soccer.
Yep, true!

Also fitness levels for football must be much higher than American Football.. no stops every 15 seconds!

Old 07-31-2014, 09:26 AM

260 posts, read 235,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
But have you guys not seen the videos and photos of the US matches? The crowds are mixed with a large percentage of white people. The Hispanic youth here in LA aren't as much into soccer as you'd think. The biggest fans I've met here are white and black (putting another Coulter canard to rest).

The biggest cities for soccer are Seattle and Kansas City, majority white cities.

So Coulter's article is a decade late.

I don't agree with this at all. MLS is big in Seattle,Portland, and KC I'll give you that but DC is La Liga,EPL and SerieA more so than MLS although their MLS team has a big following also. Also the NYC tri-state area is big on international leagues.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:28 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,389,655 times
Alright I am no fan of the NFL but even I know there is a technique to throwing the ball properly, and since when are keepie uppies a part of football ? :| Anybody can kick a ball too ... that argument is stupid.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:16 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,541,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
I don't agree with this at all. MLS is big in Seattle,Portland, and KC I'll give you that but DC is La Liga,EPL and SerieA more so than MLS although their MLS team has a big following also. Also the NYC tri-state area is big on international leagues.
Maybe but the point is that Coulter thinks soccer is only popular among immigrant Latinos.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:15 AM

750 posts, read 920,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Alright I am no fan of the NFL but even I know there is a technique to throwing the ball properly, and since when are keepie uppies a part of football ? :| Anybody can kick a ball too ... that argument is stupid.
What I meant is that throwing a ball requires no talent at all. Anyone can be trained to do it. You are aiming with your eyes leveled with your hands, just like basic shooting skills.

Controlling a ball with your legs and feet and kicking to a target is a lot more difficult, requires a lot more skills and talent. Keepie-uppies is a skill that people who has played soccer before often uses to test your ball control.

Give a ball to Messi and he will throw it, chances are he can rather do it fairly reasonably for someone with no experience; now, give one to a professional QB to see what his ball control with his legs look like . If you think soccer skills is to just about kicking a ball, now, that is what I call really stupid.

Last edited by Indyking; 07-31-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer