U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 07:35 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,770,532 times

Advertisements

Football is such a great sport.. no other like it, where so many countries embrace it and treat it as part of their culture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 04:44 AM

2,757 posts, read 1,949,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSunshineKid View Post
You probably didn't comprehend "aim was to stir commotion." Accuracy has little to do with commotion. Journalism 101.
Of course. But she ends up looking like a fool to many. Bernie Goldberg from Fox News also made a negative comment about Soccer fans.
“Another reason I don’t like it is because of the Americans who do like it. Most of these sports fans — a term I use with no regard for either word, ‘sports’ or ‘fans’ — wouldn’t know a fumble from a first down, a hit-and-run from a double play.

So Bernie takes a stab at Soccer fans because he assumes that are Liberal, why not take a stab at Football or Basketball "players" where the majority of them lean to the left?

Old 07-26-2014, 05:22 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,057,715 times
I can't believe I agree with Ann Coulter. When did Hell freeze over?

Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 AM

7,550 posts, read 16,388,277 times
After the last Troll Union meeting ?

Old 07-27-2014, 04:28 AM

2,739 posts, read 2,601,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Coulter

Soccer is like the metric system, which liberals also adore because it's European. Naturally, the metric system emerged from the French Revolution, during the brief intervals when they weren't committing mass murder by guillotine.

Despite being subjected to Chinese-style brainwashing in the public schools to use centimeters and Celsius, ask any American for the temperature, and he'll say something like "70 degrees." Ask how far Boston is from New York City, he'll say it's about 200 miles.

Liberals get angry and tell us that the metric system is more "rational" than the measurements everyone understands. This is ridiculous. An inch is the width of a man's thumb, a foot the length of his foot, a yard the length of his belt. That's easy to visualize. How do you visualize 147.2 centimeters?

Read more: Coulter Column: How Do I Hate Soccer? Let Me Count the Ways... | NewsBusters
Liberals adore the metric system because it's European. Hang on a minute the Imperial Measurement System that America uses is British and last time I checked we were Europeans. So both metric and imperial measurements are European. Clearly Ann Coulter is not the sharpest tool in the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Coulter Coulter
It's foreign
I think if Ann Coulter checked her facts most sports in the US are either foreign or derived from sports played abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann
After a football game, ambulances carry off the wounded. After a soccer game, every player gets a ribbon and a juice box.

Read more: Coulter Column: How Do I Hate Soccer? Let Me Count the Ways... | NewsBusters
And the fact that youngsters aren't killed or paralysed from the neck down in Soccer (football) is a bad thing is it Ann or are you really that ignorant and warped that you enjoy seeing people badly injured.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Paralysed Rugby player dies after a stroke

BBC News - Paralysed rugby player Bryan 'Yogi' Davies dies at home

Paralysed rugby player (25) who became an inspiration - Herald.ie

Quadriplegic Matt Hampson remains positive | Mail Online

Rugby player paralysed in first match overcomes disability to become lawyer for top City firm | Mail Online

Injured Chris told you can put your house on us - Manchester Evening News

Kobus Engelbrecht, paralysed playing rugby in 2007, murdered – Rugby videos of tackles, tries, funny incidents and more – Rugbydump.com

NSFW: Rugby player Alex McKinnon paralyzed after landing on neck

Paralysed former rugby player Greg Moran offers hope and inspiration for Alex McKinnon | Fox Sports

I could go on, but the point being the fact that life changing injuries in football (soccer) are rare is in my opinion a good thing and unlike Ann Coulter I don't enjoy people being carted off in Ambulances and nor do I think it makes for good sport.

What is Ann Coulter anyway, she looks like Quagmires sex change mangina dad from Family Guy.

link

Last edited by Bamford; 07-27-2014 at 05:03 AM..

Old 07-27-2014, 07:00 AM

I never understood the american football lovers who slag football for being 'pansy'

Those guys where full protective clothing and pads.. try rugby where it is full contact with no protection.. now that is another great sport

Old 07-27-2014, 08:46 AM

18,633 posts, read 27,056,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I never understood the american football lovers who slag football for being 'pansy'

Those guys where full protective clothing and pads.. try rugby where it is full contact with no protection.. now that is another great sport
Rugby and American football are two different sports. Similar but very different.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Rugby and American football are two different sports. Similar but very different.
Yeah that's true

Old 07-27-2014, 11:02 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Good God, this is still going?

You're giving a professional troll waaaaaaay too much attention for it.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 AM

I guessed he was, but wasn't completely sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer