Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 12:23 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It's because most of us grow up and realize that we don't want to go to jail on assault charges over guys who don't give a crap about us on the field.

Sports are fun to watch, but when it comes to the point of riots or hurting other people... well there are some serious issues there.

It happens in college towns because most college students are stupid.
This post is all you need to get that a lot of Americans will just never get Football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 12:26 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
This post is all you need to get that a lot of Americans will just never get Football.
Exactly. I don't know why the guy think I mean the assaults and hooliganism. I just meant the passion, the joy and the commaraderie of the fans.

Why did he think that passion = violence? I also didn't mean that college sports in the US are violent but that huge displays of pride and passion like the Texas Aggies 12th man is awesome.

Burgler, way to miss the point!

Old 06-29-2014, 12:28 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Exactly. I don't know why the guy think I mean the assaults and hooliganism. I just meant the passion, the joy and the commaraderie of the teams.

Why did he think that passion = violence? I also didn't mean that college sports in the US are violent but that huge displays of pride and passion like the Texas Aggies 12th man is awesome.

Burgler, way to miss the point!
This is a thread about a guy biting an ear.

If you aren't talking about that, then Football or Hockey fans here in the states would be right on with soccer fans in Europe. Maybe you don't notice it because you're not an actual fan of any sports here in the United States?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
This is a thread about a guy biting an ear.

If you aren't talking about that, then Football or Hockey fans here in the states would be right on with soccer fans in Europe.
Not even close, buddy.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:36 PM

Dude did you have to throw in that extra quip? I grew up in TEXAS, small town Texas, where football is king. I've been to Oilers and Cowboys games. I've been to Texans game and countless upon countless UT vs A&M, and UH vs Rice; the big rivalries in Texas.

I've only been to one Aeros game in my life though. But none of those games, outside of maybe UT vs A&M could even match what I saw when I went to a Chilean soccer game of Colo Colo vs Universidad de Chile.

Not. Even. Close. Don't debate this. There is no point. Just accept it. It's not a big deal.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:08 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=blzftASduNc

I really don't want to beat a dead horse but after being in South America for a rivalry classic, I just laugh at how we Americans think this is extraordinary!

Old 06-29-2014, 04:46 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
well it did look as if he had a bit of ear displaced but for all we know he could have come to the stadium like that and did it to himself shaving

Old 06-29-2014, 10:02 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
I really don't want to beat a dead horse but after being in South America for a rivalry classic, I just laugh at how we Americans think this is extraordinary!
You are never gonna see something like this in the US.
Rosario Central (from Rosario, Argentina) has one of the baddest fan base in the World.

Here's a video of the fans singing.... way before the game start, the players are not even in the field.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:06 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Oh man another crybaby thread, these are an absolute joy to read! All soccer fans are bat **** crazy, all they do is riot. Nothing ever happens at NFL games because theyre all saints.

Man shot outside Oakland Raiders-Arizona Cardinals game - NFL.com

Police investigating death at Arrowhead Stadium - NFL - Sporting News

Fans sue NFL, 49ers over injuries from beating, shooting | ProFootballTalk

New York Jets fan reportedly badly beaten after game - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Fan violence is a constant concern for players and their families - NFL.com

I mean the violence at the NFL is just so rampant I cant get into it. Your fans really scare me, its like a warzone out there <insert more crybaby sensational rant here>

Dont get my started about NBA and MLB, those franchises are no place for families at all

Marines stabbed during fight between Angels, Dodgers fans [VIDEO] - MLB - Sporting News

Report: Miami Heat Fan Stabbed Boston Celtics Fan After Game 6 | SLAMonline

Two men admit guilt in Dodger Stadium attack on Bryan Stow - ESPN Los Angeles

Obviously the World Cup is a great time for American Football fans to come rag, but come on for a fan of a so called tough sport yous LOVE to come in here and cry it up about any ol bs.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:31 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=blzftASduNc

ehhh, try going to another game in Chile.. my high school football games got more people. The Big House sells out week after week for most games.. I bet you wouldn't see that for an Everton game.. and the Valparaiso stadium probably doesn't hold 1/3 of what the Big House does

The team I like, Everton... they still haven't fixed their stadium from the earthquake in 2010.

If you think about it, all people are basically the same. Everyone thinks their professor was the hardest. Everyone thinks they had the most difficult major. Everyone thinks their city has the most dangerous ghettos. Everyone thinks their team has the craziest fans.

In reality, people are only capable of being so loud.. Most sports games will look pretty similar regardless of the sport.

Last edited by intelfan11315; 06-30-2014 at 08:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer