Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times

Advertisements

Germany will win.. Argentina will park the bus.

My dream scenario is a penalty shoot-out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 04:48 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Germany didn't score 7 goals against Algeria or Ghana
Germany took Ghana way too lightly and had to pick up the pace in the 2nd half. That was one of the best games of the cup. A real grudge match.

With Algeria, that team not only parked the bus but also landed a jumbo jet in there too.

Argentina have been such a cautious and defensive team this whole cup, I'm just a little upset they've reached the final. I really wanted to see a no holds bar total football like game with the Dutch.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:50 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
I would have loved for Chile to make the final, I thought that they were excellent.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I would have loved for Chile to make the final, I thought that they were excellent.
I doubt Chile would've made the final but they were probably the best, along with Colombia, of the underdog teams this Cup. They were just a brilliant attacking team and I loved that. Way better than the parking the bus, play extra cautious Argentina.

I love risk taking teams. Id rather risk and lose, then glide to the cup with a super defensive strategy.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:27 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
I prefer Argentina but Germany seem like the more solid team. I'm ok with that, I like the Germans' attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I doubt Chile would've made the final but they were probably the best, along with Colombia, of the underdog teams this Cup. They were just a brilliant attacking team and I loved that. Way better than the parking the bus, play extra cautious Argentina.

I love risk taking teams. Id rather risk and lose, then glide to the cup with a super defensive strategy.
If they were better than Argentina then they wouldn't have lost their matches.

You're getting very annoying with your constant insulting comments about Argentina. And they don't have to do what you 'love.'

Old 07-10-2014, 05:30 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
Quote:
But Chile can easily be dismantled. When we played them, they literally had 1 shot on goal the entire game. Since Argentina is able to play similar to us, I would be shocked if they lost to Chile. That said, Chile was one of my favourite teams in this WC.

Also, I don't think you quite understand what "parking the bus" means. Argentina hasn't parked the bus in a single game so far. They're just not naive enough to expose themselves the way Spain did with us and Brazil did with Germany. They learned their lesson in the last WC. That's why Germany won't just roll over Argentina the way many people seem to think they will.

Quote:
Trust me, you would not be saying that if your own team lost a couple of finals or semi-finals that way.

I think it will be a close match but Argentina will win. Probably something like 1-0 or 2-1.

Last edited by LindavG; 07-10-2014 at 05:39 PM..

Old 07-10-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I prefer Argentina but Germany seem like the more solid team. I'm ok with that, I like the Germans' attitude.

If they were better than Argentina then they wouldn't have lost their matches.

You're getting very annoying with your constant insulting comments about Argentina. And they don't have to do what you 'love.'
Woah. What's with the hostility? I'm rooting for Argentina but that doesn't mean I have to love their strategy. Are you Argentinean or something?

Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Trust me, you would not be saying that if your own team lost a couple of finals or semi-finals that way. Also, I don't think you quite understand what "parking the bus" means. Argentina hasn't parked the bus in a single game so far.

I think it will be a close match but Argentina will win. Probably something like 1-0 or 2-1.
Are you saying they haven't played really defensively?

Old 07-10-2014, 05:44 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
Quote:
Are you saying they haven't played really defensively?
I'm saying that playing defensively does not equate to parking the bus.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:56 PM

Fair enough. And of course I didn't mean to say that chile was perfect only that they were my favs of the underdogs. My top team was always France. I supported the USA mostly because I'm American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer