U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 12:07 PM

2,845 posts, read 3,935,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Kaka is pretty big.
But not for Real Madrid.

Just watch. Whoever stars in the 2016 European Championship will be bought by Real Madrid. Whoever stars in next season's Champions League will be bought by Real Madrid. This year's stars will mostly be offloaded to make room for next year's stars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 12:22 PM

10,422 posts, read 12,414,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Which is typical of Real "Black Hole" Madrid's buy the Flavor-of-the-Month policy. Watch for some of this season's group of news items to be offloaded quietly 6 to 12 months down the road. A list of Flavor-of-the-Months who never became stars for BH Madrid is very long:

Wes Sneijder
Kaka
Royston Drenthe
Jonathan Woodgate
Julien Faubert
Walter Samuel
Emerson
Nicolas Anelka
Thomas Gravesen
Antonio Cassano
Javier Saviola
Elvir Baljic
Sergio Canales
Michael Owen
Pedro Leon
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Black Hole Madrid fans are so caught up in the annual Flavor-of-the-Month purchases that they either forget about the numerous flops or else don't notice since the offloads are done quietly.
Flavor-of-the-Month as in one day flies / just not good enough for the absolute top?
Sneijder, Kaka, Samuel, Emerson, Cassano, Owen and Huntelaar were/are far from that.

Saviola and Anelka are not bad, just overhyped/overrated.

Madrid never bought Faubert, he was just on loan from West Ham.

Gravesen wasn't expected to be a star, Madrid only payed like 4 million for him.

Woodgate was injured all the time.

I agree with the listing of Drenthe, Baljic, Canales and Leon.

I don't think Madrid buys players too quick, they just need to give their new players a lil bit more time to adjust.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:26 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,768,041 times
The thing is, Real Madrid have still done well.. it just proves that great players put together does not equal a brilliant team

Old 07-12-2014, 01:32 PM

Memphis Depay (Netherlands/PSV)
Stefan de Vrij (Netherlands/Feyenoord)
Jasper Cillessen (Netherlands/Ajax)
Giancarlo Gonzalez (Costa Rica/Columbus Crew)
Celso Borges (Costa Rica/AIK)
Cristian Gamboa (Costa Rica/Rosenborg BK)
Yeltsin Tejeda (Costa Rica/Deportivo Saprissa)
Oscar Duarte (Costa Rica/Club Brugge)
James Rodriguez (Colombia/AS Monaco)
David Ospina (Colombia/OGC Nice)
Hector Herrera (Mexico/FC Porto)
Guillermo Ochoa (Mexico/AC Ajaccio)
Islam Slimani (Algeria/Sporting Lisbon)
Rais M'Bolhi (Algeria/CSKA Sofia)
Enner Valencia (Ecuador/Pachuca)
Alexander Dominguez (Ecuador/LDU Quito)
Kostas Manolas (Greece/Olympiakos)
Serge Aurier (Ivory Coast/Toulouse FC)
Admir Mehmedi (Switzerland/SC Freiburg)
Charles Aranguiz (Chile/SC Internacional)
Marcos Rojo (Argentina/Sporting Lisbon)

Old 07-12-2014, 01:40 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,538,237 times
Good list. I forgot about Memphis Depay! He's amazing!

Also, I don't know of anyone else has thought this but the more I view alexis Sanchez of chile and barcelona, the more I think his dribbling skills are a bit off. He gets tangled up in the blatant bro bling attempts. He's an amazing striker and playmaker but when he attempts some CR7 skills he kinda fails.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Good list. I forgot about Memphis Depay! He's amazing!

Also, I don't know of anyone else has thought this but the more I view alexis Sanchez of chile and barcelona, the more I think his dribbling skills are a bit off. He gets tangled up in the blatant bro bling attempts. He's an amazing striker and playmaker but when he attempts some CR7 skills he kinda fails.
Arsenal bought him 2 days ago for 45 million euro.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:03 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,538,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Arsenal bought him 2 days ago for 45 million euro.
Yeah I know that's why I brought him up. It was just my opinion of him. He's a brilliant player, I love the guy and rooted for chile in every gave but he annoyed me with these tricks he tried to exhibit that always faltered.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,768,041 times
Sanchez should be a big hit.. he didn't do it at Barcelona but I can see him doing well at Arsenal in the Premier League

Old 07-17-2014, 07:40 AM

3,067 posts, read 2,107,384 times
With Suarez in Sanchez's place at Barca I'll take them to win Champions League at 1:4 or better. Obvious hyperbole, but he and Messi are going to be absurd together

Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 AM

7,550 posts, read 16,386,697 times
Until he tries to eat a person and gets suspended again. Lots of pressure in Spain, itll break him and hell sample the local living cuisine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or