U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,392,564 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the long post, I think I clicked the multi-quote button one too many times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:47 PM

750 posts, read 920,403 times

Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Sorry for the long post, I think I clicked the multi-quote button one too many times
Well I'm afraid you wasted your time. The only ones that will read the ridiculously long answers were the ones that think like you, the Europocentrics, so what's the point? Reassurance of being wrong? Whatever. Thanks for reading all mine. That's enough for me.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Maybe so, but look what they are saying as if Europe is the center of the football world. It's just not true. I wish foreign players would be banned to play in Europe, their European leagues would be nothing. South America still generates the best players in the world.
You're the one who keeps trashing European football with every post. You clearly believe South America is the center of football and you get upset when anyone disagrees. Let's summarise some of the stuff you've said:

- European teams don't know how to play good football. They'll never play jogo bonito like South American teams
- Europe will never have a player of Pele/Maradona/Messi's level
- European leagues would be utter crap without South American players
- South America generates the best players in the world
- European football really sucks
- South America has and will keep being the joy of football

Etc. etc.

Nobody here has said anything as remotely offensive about South American football. I personally think this rivalry between Europe and South America is very silly but that's just me. I was rooting for Argentina in the final and I was rooting for Chile to make it out of the group with us. I never mocked Brazil for their loss against us or Germany and I complimented Argentina on their play in the SF. I predicted Colombia was going to get far before the WC started. I don't understand why you feel the need to bash Europe all the time but as long as you do so, you can expect responses in kind. And then you can accuse anyone who doesn't agree that South America is God's gift to football of Eurocentrism

Old 07-18-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Well I'm afraid you wasted your time. The only ones that will read the ridiculously long answers were the ones that think like you, the Europocentrics, so what's the point? Reassurance of being wrong? Whatever. Thanks for reading all mine. That's enough for me.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting a reasonable answer from you.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Yeah, I wasn't expecting a reasonable answer from you.
It must be hard to watch the European leagues and see all the South Americans as the major stars, Messi, Suarez, James, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, etc. Well it's so satisfying for us to watch our leagues and see 100% domestic players, zero dependence on European club greed and fortune. That's my last word and you just going to have to remember it every time we get another best player award, another big star stealing the shine of your own, another beautiful goal that we both know only South Americans can really do. Ciao.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:41 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,544,951 times
Quote:
Maybe so, but look what they are saying as if Europe is the center of the football world. It's just not true. I wish foreign players would be banned to play in Europe, their European leagues would be nothing. South America still generates the best players in the world.
But right now Gareth Bale is in the ring for Messi's title. Before Messi it was all about CR7, the most stereotypically Euro guy out there!

At the same time you're right to an extent, the leagues are packed with supreme South American talent; Alexis Sanchez, arturo vidal, james Rodriguez, falcao, Neymar, Suarez, etc.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
It must be hard to watch the European leagues and see all the South Americans as the major stars, Messi, Suarez, James, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, etc. Well it's so satisfying for us to watch our leagues and see 100% domestic players, zero dependence on European club greed and fortune. That's my last word and you just going to have to remember it every time we get another best player award, another big star stealing the shine of your own, another beautiful goal that we both know only South Americans can really do. Ciao.
Not at all, because I don't give a damn where players come from. I love to see great South American players come here and contribute to the quality of our leagues. They are part of the reason European football has a universal appeal.

It's so funny how you accuse others of being Eurocentric when you are far more biased about South American football than ANY European poster here is about Europe. Really, only South Americans score beautiful goals now? This for me ranks as one of the best goals ever scored in the WC:

But of course, that is just because I'm Eurocentric Van Persie's goal was rubbish as well, as was Tim Cahill's. They just don't have the divine privilege of being South American.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
But right now Gareth Bale is in the ring for Messi's title. Before Messi it was all about CR7, the most stereotypically Euro guy out there!

At the same time you're right to an extent, the leagues are packed with supreme South American talent; Alexis Sanchez, arturo vidal, james Rodriguez, falcao, Neymar, Suarez, etc.
Please, Gareth Bale doesn't hold a candle to Messi.

European leagues are far more packed with supreme European talent. Virtually all NT players of the elite European teams play in Europe.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:04 AM

9,268 posts, read 5,775,237 times
Where is this rubbish coming from? Europe is producing the best players at the moment! Look at Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Dortmund, Manchester City...

Barcelona minus Messi and Suarez..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or