U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 07:05 AM

9,268 posts, read 5,771,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
You really live in your European football shell like the other one here, don't you? Uruguay winning a Copa America is not an upset at all! So, in reality, there are 3 out of 10 teams that can win, 30%!!! Well, never mind that, do you think Colombia or Chile winning would be an upset? No way. Plus, we don't need qualifiers!

Now, do the math for the Eurocup! Like I said, European football, when you start analyzing the facts, it really sucks!!! We should have no business trying to compete with you guys, yet we do it very well, don't we?

What European club is fighting right now with million of euros for James Rodrigues? We rule men, just face it. South America had and will keep being the joy of football. What would be of the European league without our players? Crap, pure, indisputable baloney.

Just look at the WC, don't need to go any far than that. Remind us what percentage of top tier European teams failed to qualify to the knockout stage compared to South Americans! It's ridiculous.
You are deluded sorry.. Europe is clearly the kings of football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 07:18 AM

750 posts, read 920,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
You are deluded sorry.. Europe is clearly the kings of football.
For you, yes! Who cares? It does not change the fact you cannot watch quality football in Europe without depending on foreign players, just every 4 years in the Eurocup. Well, we don't have that problem down here.

In fact, England is the most classic example. How come a country with such a strong club league, don't win anything on the national level since 1966? We both know the answer.

Last edited by Indyking; 07-19-2014 at 07:39 AM..

Old 07-19-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
For you, yes! Who cares? It does not change the fact you cannot watch quality football in Europe without depending on foreign players, just every 4 years in the Eurocup. Well, we don't have that problem down here.

In fact, England is the most classic example. How come a country with such a strong club league, don't win anything on the national level since 1966? We both know the answer.
You are changing the subject to England...

Europe's top clubs would be fine without foreign talent from SA.

For quite a few years now, Germany and Spain have overtaken Brazil as the premier producers in the world of top talent, and that is fact!

Old 07-19-2014, 10:39 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,541,168 times
Exactly, the majority of Spain's top talent are Spaniards. Germany's best players are homegrown.

France, the same, albeit a lot are second generation. Last, same with Italy.

These countries have all star teams.

England is the only one that lacks that. Although I think people were being WAY too harsh on the new England team. I thought they just had a run of bad luck and the old did not mix with new young players. Hodgson should've gone all young. Sterling was brilliant, as was Sturridge during the Italy game. Against Uruguay that game was basically Daniel Sturridge vs Uruguay. Those younger lads gave it all. But they'll come back once they've matured together on the international stage like Spain and Germany.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Exactly, the majority of Spain's top talent are Spaniards. Germany's best players are homegrown.

France, the same, albeit a lot are second generation. Last, same with Italy.

These countries have all star teams.

England is the only one that lacks that. Although I think people were being WAY too harsh on the new England team. I thought they just had a run of bad luck and the old did not mix with new young players. Hodgson should've gone all young. Sterling was brilliant, as was Sturridge during the Italy game. Against Uruguay that game was basically Daniel Sturridge vs Uruguay. Those younger lads gave it all. But they'll come back once they've matured together on the international stage like Spain and Germany.
Yeah, I also think that England is starting to produce some younger technical players such as Sterling, Sturridge and Barkley - it will just take time.

Europe is definitely on top right now at producing talent, though

Old 07-19-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I also think that England is starting to produce some younger technical players such as Sterling, Sturridge and Barkley - it will just take time.

Europe is definitely on top right now at producing talent, though
Yes. At the club level those three are amazing. Sterling has Messi like potential. Sturridge is a beast of a forward.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Yes. At the club level those three are amazing. Sterling has Messi like potential. Sturridge is a beast of a forward.
Yeah, it's a shame really.. we got a bit unfortunate in the Italy match, and then against Uruguay our defence was awful. I thought we actually played better than Uruguay, they just had a world class striker

Old 07-19-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's a shame really.. we got a bit unfortunate in the Italy match, and then against Uruguay our defence was awful. I thought we actually played better than Uruguay, they just had a world class striker
Agreed. Why was the English media do harsh on the team? I mean they showed up and dazzled against Italy. They lost but it was a really fun match. A bit of a nail biter.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Why was the English media do harsh on the team? I mean they showed up and dazzled against Italy. They lost but it was a really fun match. A bit of a nail biter.
Although before we were 50/50 on thinking if we would advance or not, I think it was more critical of the defending.. the two goals we let in against Uruguay were awful, and against Italy Hodgson was tactically naive, leaving our left side exposed.

Also, we may have looked ok against Italy, but this was our worst performance at a tournament in over half a century with a squad that is not terrible

Old 07-19-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Although before we were 50/50 on thinking if we would advance or not, I think it was more critical of the defending.. the two goals we let in against Uruguay were awful, and against Italy Hodgson was tactically naive, leaving our left side exposed.

Also, we may have looked ok against Italy, but this was our worst performance at a tournament in over half a century with a squad that is not terrible
Ah ok, so the English fans clearly saw that they have an amazing squad? Yes the defending was rubbish. That was England's weakest link. The attacking was better but Rooney's not as big a presence for the national team as he is for man united.

Welbeck I thought was weak too. I don't even know what Gerrard was thinking!

They'll be ready for the Euros though. I predict they'll work out the kinks and make it happen.

I'll be rooting for them and the French who are my two fav Euro teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or