Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 07:56 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,378,838 times

Advertisements

Barcelona and Madrid always get special treatment.. shame really. Barcelona shouldn't even be able to sign players..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 05:25 AM

14,813 posts, read 11,907,584 times
Chelsea
Everton
Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool

Obviously my 'prediction' is speaking from the heart and is what I would like to see! My head genuinly doesn't have any idea which order they will finish in this year though!

Old 08-13-2014, 06:03 AM

750 posts, read 1,062,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Barcelona and Madrid always get special treatment.. shame really. Barcelona shouldn't even be able to sign players..
Well, more is not always better. Real may have exagerated on its "squandermania", again!

James was lost in the field yesterday. Yeah, it's pre-season and Ancelotti is qualified to organize things in the midfield, but if the intention is to have him as an attacking midfiled, he may end up warming the bench seat instead of Di Maria. Maybe that's the reason they want to trade the Argentinean, which I think it's a bad idea, but then it comes the question, what do you do with Khedira? I can see Isco in the bench, he is still a young star and Xavi Alonso is slowing down towards the end of his career, but Khedira... IMO there is too much competition among world class players in the midfield and this can be difficult to manage. No star likes to seat in the bench for too long. Then, they are trying to sign Ramadel Falcao too, just to stir things up even more in the front

Last edited by Indyking; 08-13-2014 at 06:42 AM..

Old 08-13-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Well, more is not always better. Real may have exagerated on its "squandermania", again!

James was lost in the field yesterday. Yeah, it's pre-season and Ancelotti is qualified to organize things in the midfield, but if the intention is to have him as an attacking midfiled, he may end up warming the bench seat instead of Di Maria. Maybe that's the reason they want to trade the Argentinean, which I think it's a bad idea, but then it comes the question, what do you do with Khedira? I can see Isco in the bench, he is still a young star and Xavi Alonso is slowing down towards the end of his career, but Khedira... IMO there is too much competition among world class players in the midfield and this can be difficult to manage. No star likes to seat in the bench for too long. Then, they are trying to sign Ramadel Falcao too, just to stir things up even more in the front
I agree actually.. James was not needed and it could go back to the early 00s where they had a great team, but just too many good players really

Old 08-13-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I agree actually.. James was not needed and it could go back to the early 00s where they had a great team, but just too many good players really
True.

Also, teams like Madrid, more often than not, spend all this fortune in a not very smart way. What they really needed was to sign a nice yound defender to transition into a replacement for Pepe, yet they bring in more stars for the midfield? I wonder, does the coach have any impact at all in the recruitment of players? It does not look like it.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
True.

Also, teams like Madrid, more often than not, spend all this fortune in a not very smart way. What they really needed was to sign a nice yound defender to transition into a replacement for Pepe, yet they bring in more stars for the midfield? I wonder, does the coach have any impact at all in the recruitment of players? It does not look like it.
They will have to sell some of their players.. you can't have Di Maria, Khedira, Isco, Illara etc on the bench!

Old 08-13-2014, 10:31 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,229,766 times
Quote:
They will have to sell some of their players.. you can't have Di Maria, Khedira, Isco, Illara etc on the bench!
Their bench is the 3rd or 4th best team in La Liga.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:34 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,229,766 times
Quote:

There was a point in the first half where the pass came into Ronaldo and James was just to his left. James job was just to get out of the way. I was thinking, they spent how many millions to have a guy whose job it is to get out of the way.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
There was a point in the first half where the pass came into Ronaldo and James was just to his left. James job was just to get out of the way. I was thinking, they spent how many millions to have a guy whose job it is to get out of the way.
Yes, I remember that

Old 08-13-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
Their bench is the 3rd or 4th best team in La Liga.
Without a doubt.. I think 5 of their bench start for almost any other team in the league
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer