U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-09-2015, 10:35 AM
 
Location: NYntarctica
11,435 posts, read 6,398,275 times
Reputation: 4340

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What does Atletico Madrid and PSG have to do with anything? They're in some 'other' foreign league elsewhere? There is only one thing that really matters and that is Jose lifting his 3rd Premier League title in May.
Well Chelsea didn't have the best umm..."results" against them, so it's a good thing for Chelsea they don't play in the EPL! Too bad they don't have the same fortune in the Champions League
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 AM
 
3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times
Reputation: 2774
Chelsea are going to win the league. Really the league has not been in doubt since the beginning of January. The only really interesting fight will be who finishes top 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2015, 04:45 PM
 
Location: SE UK
7,810 posts, read 6,631,693 times
Reputation: 5315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Well Chelsea didn't have the best umm..."results" against them, so it's a good thing for Chelsea they don't play in the EPL! Too bad they don't have the same fortune in the Champions League
Chelsea have been known to occasionally lose, the fact that they're not in the EPL makes them both completely irrelevant. Perhaps you should have mentioned Spurs or Newcastle instead? Anyway point is 7 points clear and closing in on the ultimate prize for any domestic football club is the only thing that matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 05:11 AM
 
Location: SW France
14,247 posts, read 14,134,918 times
Reputation: 27914
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Chelsea have been known to occasionally lose, the fact that they're not in the EPL makes them both completely irrelevant. Perhaps you should have mentioned Spurs or Newcastle instead? Anyway point is 7 points clear and closing in on the ultimate prize for any domestic football club is the only thing that matters.
Spoken like a true fan whose team has been knocked out of the Champion's League.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 05:12 AM
 
Location: SW France
14,247 posts, read 14,134,918 times
Reputation: 27914
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What does Atletico Madrid and PSG have to do with anything? They're in some 'other' foreign league elsewhere? There is only one thing that really matters and that is Jose lifting his 3rd Premier League title in May.
This would be a better quote in order to get my point over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 10:19 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,810 posts, read 6,631,693 times
Reputation: 5315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Spoken like a true fan whose team has been knocked out of the Champion's League.
Your English Jezer, I thought perhaps you would know how it is:-

Most important thing in the world:-
Beat Spurs by as much as possible and as often as possible

2nd Most important thing in the world:-
Win the Premiership

3rd Most important thing in the world:-
Beat Spurs by as much as possible and as often as possible

4th Most important thing in the world:-
If you don't win the Premiership then make sure you finish above Spurs

5th Most important thing in the world:-
Win the Champions League or FA Cup

6th Most important thing in the world:-
Win League Cup or Europa league thingy

7th Most important thing in the world:-
Family

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 11:34 AM
 
Location: SW France
14,247 posts, read 14,134,918 times
Reputation: 27914
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Your English Jezer, I thought perhaps you would know how it is:-

Most important thing in the world:-
Beat Spurs by as much as possible and as often as possible

2nd Most important thing in the world:-
Win the Premiership

3rd Most important thing in the world:-
Beat Spurs by as much as possible and as often as possible

4th Most important thing in the world:-
If you don't win the Premiership then make sure you finish above Spurs

5th Most important thing in the world:-
Win the Champions League or FA Cup

6th Most important thing in the world:-
Win League Cup or Europa league thingy

7th Most important thing in the world:-
Family

I'm glad to see that you have your priorities in life sorted out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 03:25 AM
 
Location: Toronto
1,655 posts, read 1,637,957 times
Reputation: 2842
Happy for Palace. Their fans are incredible. They really stand out compared to most English supporters.

Looks like Hull are going to drop with their final run of games but stranger things have happened. Might survive.

Disappointing season for Stoke although might still finish in the top 10. Lots of dropped points and injuries. Some major brainstorming needed over the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 05:32 AM
 
Location: Rainy Ulster.
264 posts, read 204,817 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Happy for Palace. Their fans are incredible. They really stand out compared to most English supporters.

Looks like Hull are going to drop with their final run of games but stranger things have happened. Might survive.

Disappointing season for Stoke although might still finish in the top 10. Lots of dropped points and injuries. Some major brainstorming needed over the summer.
The club and its fans are a breath of fresh air. Selhurst Park always seems like a proper traditional ground and atmosphere from what little i have seen of it on TV or online. Its one of the few London football grounds that i have never had the chance to go to, along with White Hart Lane, due to its relative remoteness on the southern edge of the metropolis and the poor public transport links (as is the case with WHL too). Though that was back in the 80s and things may have changed now. That and the lack of major success until recently is why they seem like a great old style club who its hard to dislike - unless you support Millwall, Charlton or Brighton.

Last edited by BarringtonNI; 04-12-2015 at 05:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2015, 12:42 PM
 
Location: NYntarctica
11,435 posts, read 6,398,275 times
Reputation: 4340
Good to see Ozil doing well, I dont like Arsenal but I respect Ozil and Sanchez. Sanchez is easily the best player in the EPL this year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top