U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 02:53 PM

14,369 posts, read 14,238,452 times

Advertisements

Given Leicester's late run of three consecutive wins Hull, as mentioned above, are looking very vulnerable.

Chelsea have almost sewn up the title with their 1-0 win over ManU this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 07:02 AM

264 posts, read 208,339 times
Its been a particularly dull season, to be fair. With City underperforming wildly and United still getting into their stride and Arsenal being...well Arsenal, its been Chelsea's to lose and they've just kept cruising avoiding any excitement or major hiccups.
But thats the form that usually wins titles i suppose. We cant have an 'invincibles' or a dying seconds Aguero goal to snatch the title out of the grasp of their hated local rivals, every year, i suppose.

As usual its the relegation battle that is far more entertaining.
Theres only 9 pts between Newcastle in 14th and Burnley at the very bottom.
A week or so ago youd saythat Burnley, QPR and Leicester were doomed, but Leicesters recent form and the poor form of the teams immediately above them a slim, very slim in Burnley & QPR's case, chance.

Not being like the excrably bad Alan Brazil on his appalling Sports breakfast radio show on Talksport, and not having "the nesst fiive fissstures" of the teams in front of me , then its hard to guess how it might go.

Hull are dire. Sunderland, recent derby not withstanding, look catchable. N'castle are all over the place and Villa might be tired and distracted by the FA cup especially if they win their semi final today against Liverpool.
only the Baggies seemed to have pulled themselves to relative safety.
Of the relegation candidates i would hate to see Burnley go down. Sure they are by far the poorest of the division but they have close links with the side i support, Glentoran FC in the Irish League.
QPR, I wanted them to go down when the overrated media ***** Redknapp was in chrage, purely out of spite.
Now that hes bailed on them using a feeble excuse about his dodgy knees - since retracted....the lie, not his knees -i rather want them to stay up. Though if they did stay up all Redknapp 's many press fanboys would no doubt keep going on about how 'good old 'Arry laid the groundwork for their survival, its his triumph'
Liecester, who are in truth a rather nondescript bunch to anyone outside the east midlands, i wouldnt mind staying up just to confound all the experts who had them doomed.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:57 PM

25 posts, read 14,912 times
Chelsea have it wrapped up. They aren't dropping 10 pts out of the remaining 18 available.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:09 PM

3,725 posts, read 3,920,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner4life1984 View Post
Chelsea have it wrapped up. They aren't dropping 10 pts out of the remaining 18 available.
They've had it wrapped up since January. The only interesting fights that remain are the usual relegation battle and if Liverpool can crack the top 4.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:24 AM

7,565 posts, read 16,464,754 times
No way on earth Liverpool makes the top 4.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:05 PM

14,369 posts, read 14,238,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
No way on earth Liverpool makes the top 4.
Agreed

I guess they'll be looking to unload that waste of space Ballyuseless, or whatever his name is, over the summer.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:18 AM

8,056 posts, read 6,770,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
They've had it wrapped up since January. The only interesting fights that remain are the usual relegation battle and if Liverpool can crack the top 4.
I believe they were neck and neck with Man City in January no? Also being 5 point ahead in January hardly means the title is 'wrapped up' to be honest with you.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM

3,725 posts, read 3,920,018 times
I am wondering when a club that's not Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, or Tottenham will finish top 4 again. It's only happened once since 2002-2003.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:05 AM

8,056 posts, read 6,770,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I am wondering when a club that's not Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, or Tottenham will finish top 4 again. It's only happened once since 2002-2003.
They said the same thing about Huddersfield Town in the 1920's or Wolves in the 1950's, things do change over time and they will again, I bet in 1989 if you had said that Liverpool would go 25 years + without winning the league people would have laughed in your face.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:14 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,181,977 times
Personally, I greatly respect English football, and just wish they would do better in the World Cup.

As an aside, I'm not as certain about team stats and accomplishments, but I've always believed Arsenal to be the best team name in soccer. However, I continually hear so much more about Manchester United!

My Yank understanding is that they're major rivals, aren't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer