U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 02:36 PM

750 posts, read 920,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I have DirecTV. NBCS is not available in their 2 lowest packages, it is a bit annoying. I would need to pay another $10 a month for NBCS, but I haven't done that yet...not sure what I'm doing for that. I had it last year and enjoyed watching EPL, but I feel stubborn about this $10 since everything is so expensive. I can now see my local MLS team on a local channel and ESPN throws a couple games on a week. I saw that regular NBC will have an EPL game on this weekend (ArsenalxCP).

All lower level packages have FoxSports (Champions League), too many ESPN channels, and Mexican channels. La Liga is only available on BeIn, which would be an extra $10 a month.

I already pay $20 a month for Globo for my wife, so I have been DVRing Brazil Serie A games.

I know nothing about Dish.
Obrigado!

I found out there is something called Dishworld, for 10 bucks a month, they give you online access to Bein Sports and One World Sports (OWS). Those 2 channels are the ones for soccer, then a couple more channels for things I don't like. Apparently, this OWS channel broadcasts all Arsenal, Bayern and Chelsea games. These 3 teams have their own channel, that's where the games come from. I may actually just get this for a try. It can be canceled anytime and they call it football

For the Brazileirao, I just follow it online at Globo Esporte website, they don't show the whole games but post videos with the main plays during the game live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 02:54 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,419,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Obrigado!

I found out there is something called Dishworld, for 10 bucks a month, they give you online access to Bein Sports and One World Sports (OWS). Those 2 channels are the ones for soccer, then a couple more channels for things I don't like. Apparently, this OWS channel broadcasts all Arsenal, Bayern and Chelsea games. These 3 teams have their own channel, that's where the games come from. I may actually just get this for a try. It can be canceled anytime and they call it football

For the Brazileirao, I just follow it online at Globo Esporte website, they don't show the whole games but post videos with the main plays during the game live.
De nada! That sounds like a good option, I would do it if I were in your position.

By the way, I watched Felipao lose yesterday, I thought Gremio was on the verge of scoring when they gave up the first goal. He is on quite the losing streak.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:24 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,389,655 times
I have Dish World, beIN Sport is worth it. One World I like because it shows Hyundai League.
It does have Arsenal and Chelski TV but it does not show live games. The little I watched those programs it was old stuff from a season back. Maybe they do show same day highlights im not sure, but defo not live.

Worth the $10 for La Liga and Serie A for me.

One World wasnt in HD either, least it wasnt before I cancelled (Not paying for pre season =) ). Ill be renewing again. BTW call and complain about crap programming and youll get a month free. I did it twice last season.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
De nada! That sounds like a good option, I would do it if I were in your position.

By the way, I watched Felipao lose yesterday, I thought Gremio was on the verge of scoring when they gave up the first goal. He is on quite the losing streak.
Felipao is going to ruin everything he had accomplished in past, which seems very distant. He should have retired. Soccer moved on but he didn't. That's a common theme for Brazilian coaches; they are all very obsolete IMO. We should have hired a top international manager to lead the National team. It's a shame.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I have Dish World, beIN Sport is worth it. One World I like because it shows Hyundai League.
It does have Arsenal and Chelski TV but it does not show live games. The little I watched those programs it was old stuff from a season back. Maybe they do show same day highlights im not sure, but defo not live.

Worth the $10 for La Liga and Serie A for me.

One World wasnt in HD either, least it wasnt before I cancelled (Not paying for pre season =) ). Ill be renewing again. BTW call and complain about crap programming and youll get a month free. I did it twice last season.
Thanks, is the programming from BeIN in Dishworld live?

Old 08-11-2014, 06:58 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,771,793 times
Relegation teams anyone?

Old 08-11-2014, 07:42 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,704,957 times
Re: NBCSN

Curious if anybody watches NBC Live Extra and all those games you can watch from it. I get it from Apple TV and watch the games on the ipad. Just really great to get those EPL games. The EPL telecasts here in the US sure has come a real long way in my estimation. NBC was really smart in plunking down the money there. They'll be making money for a bit.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:50 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,389,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Thanks, is the programming from BeIN in Dishworld live?
Yes it is, HD and SD. SD is only part time though.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 AM

580 posts, read 678,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Relegation teams anyone?
Well...

BBC Sport - Premier League Table

... for me, looking at the table there are several teams that stand out. Burnley, Leicester and West Brom all look pretty unsafe to me, especially when you look at the squads and compare them to those that will probably be around them in the table. Southampton looks to be a club in disarray and Swansea isn't that much better. Sunderland will have to keep a good home form to stay safe too as will 'Villa.

QPR have £s and 'arry (Harry Redknapp) to keep them up and after last season I think Stoke, Hull and 'Palace will be ok, bottom half but safe. Newcastle had a terrible season last year especially compared to the year before but I still can't see them as relegation prospects. So, my choices for the bottom few spots are:

Leicester
Burnley
West Brom
-----------
Southampton
Swansea
Sunderland
Aston Villa

Old 08-12-2014, 03:06 AM

2,739 posts, read 2,601,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
It was Utd who won the made up trophy that I was referring to not City.

How do Utd look good ? Theyve not changed their squad much at all.
Despite last season they have some very capable players, have been very good in terms of preseason matches against reasonable good opposition and I have little doubt United will make some major signings before the transfer window closes. United's new Manager Louis van Gaal is highly respected and very capable of getting the best out of players, and in attracting high quality signings.

In terms of Arsenal they have started winning trophies again, with the FA Cup last season and have shown what they are capable of in terms of the Charity Shield. Indeed most pundits are predicting Arsenal to do very well in the coming season, alongside Liverpool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer