Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:46 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,404,486 times

Advertisements

Muller doesn't even start for Bayern a lot of the time.. now that Kroos has gone I guess he will though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 06:00 AM

750 posts, read 1,064,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Muller doesn't even start for Bayern a lot of the time.. now that Kroos has gone I guess he will though
I agree

I know he did a good WC but I don't have him even in my top 10 best players list.

If it is true that MU was planning to do the highest offer on history to sign him, lucky for them it did not work out. I think it would have been a huge mistake.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
I agree

I know he did a good WC but I don't have him even in my top 10 best players list.

If it is true that MU was planning to do the highest offer on history to sign him, lucky for them it did not work out. I think it would have been a huge mistake.
I don't see him play week in week out.. but he is certainly a big game player.. similar to Drogba in the fact that he rises to the big games

Old 08-23-2014, 06:20 PM

133 posts, read 210,808 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
In the last 2 seasons in all competitions, Messi and Ronaldo have scored over 100 goals each...

In the last 5 seasons in all competitions, Muller has scored just over 100 goals....

Muller is a nice player, he isn't in Messi's or Ronaldo's league.

But at least he didn't choke in the world cup, ha?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb_09 View Post
But at least he didn't choke in the world cup, ha?
I don't think that either player choked.. Ronaldo just doesn't have a great team around him with Portugal like he does at Madrid.. he still carries Portugal

Old 08-25-2014, 06:13 AM

Neither choked.

Messi closed the deal for Argentina in the games the opponent gave him a little more room. Ronaldo can't do miracles, that Portugal side was bad and he was still playing injured.

You can't compare those 2 teams with Germany creation power in the center forward. Muller just benefited greatly from that.

Last edited by Indyking; 08-25-2014 at 06:37 AM..

Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
He is not handsome. Plus he speaks German. LOL and he looks 40. He's really young. Who knew? He is growing on me.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:55 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,988,425 times
The very magical Thierry Henry, whom I believe everyone would agree was one of the greats in his prime, has a few nice things to say and a pretty good opinion of Thomas Muller. I would have to agree
'Forget Messi and Ronaldo - kids should copy Thomas Muller' - Thierry Henry - Goal.com

Old 09-02-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
The very magical Thierry Henry, whom I believe everyone would agree was one of the greats in his prime, has a few nice things to say and a pretty good opinion of Thomas Muller. I would have to agree
'Forget Messi and Ronaldo - kids should copy Thomas Muller' - Thierry Henry - Goal.com
I disagree with that opinion. Messi and Ronaldo can do all that Muller does plus much more. They can control the ball better, they can reverse, they can finish, but they can also resolve a complicated game which depends on individual dribbling skills, which Muller lacks. You may argue none of them can defend like Muller, perhaps so, but the notion of defending for a CF with the ability to switch to a ST on the fly is so wrong, it's a waste of talent and scoring power. That's why good teams have good defensive midfielders, which is not what Muller does either in Bayern or Germany NT.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:17 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
I disagree with that opinion. Messi and Ronaldo can do all that Muller does plus much more. They can control the ball better, they can reverse, they can finish, but they can also resolve a complicated game which depends on individual dribbling skills, which Muller lacks. You may argue none of them can defend like Muller, perhaps so, but the notion of defending for a CF with the ability to switch to a ST on the fly is so wrong, it's a waste of talent and scoring power. That's why good teams have good defensive midfielders, which is not what Muller does either in Bayern or Germany NT.
Geez, you have a narrow view of what it takes to play winning soccer/football. And no, Messi and Ronaldo cannot do everything Muller can, especially Messi. On physical ability alone, short, weak Messi cannot match Muller. Muller wins audacious headers, Messi rarely uses his head. Muller makes creative, baffling football and basketball-like runs, Messi mostly is only involved when he has the ball or is in a triangle, nothing unusual though sometimes hard to stop. Muller plays like a boxer, often beating the opponent to 50/50 balls, Messi is not a ball-winner, he's too soft. Muller's runs also occupy the defense allowing others to get great chances. Messi occupies but the defense can easily watch and predict what he is going to do. Muller's runs are chess, Messi's checkers. This is why Thierry Henry (and others) wants kids to learn from Muller because he is, I dare say a new-age player with a different mental game and physical style. Messi is a classic dribbler and wall pass guy we've seen a million times.

And your understanding of defense is wrong, every player, even strikers can cost their team a vital goal by not playing D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer